Anyone interested in a Yellowbird series

  • Thread starter Thread starter rabbitude
  • 35 comments
  • 2,113 views
Messages
154
Messages
GTP_wonderwiley
Messages
wondewilley
Love this car but I can never find anyone that wants to race with one. Just doing a feeler to see if there's any one that may be interested?
 
Sounds interesting, I've been using this car online a bit lately just for kicks.
If you lose, you can be like "well I was in a Yellowbird, of course I wasn't going to win".
If you win, you can say "I beat you all, AND I was using the Yellowbird!" :lol:

What tires are you thinking? I'm a sports car = sport tires, race car = race tires kind of guy. The Yellowbird is a sports car...from the 80's. Tires weren't as good back then.

Stock or mod? I've got 2 of these now, one bone stock and one modded up a bit.
 
I was thinking completely stock, or fully tuned on race soft. The car is still an absolute monster in race tires it's just faster. In many cars race tires ruin the car, with the Yellowbird that's not the case.
 
Sport softs would be my preference for this car. As you said, even with race softs the car is still a bit of a monster, you're just going faster when you lose it :crazy:

The biggest help to my modded Yellowbird is the LSD. It takes the edge off of the almost ridiculous amount of oversteer on this car, both on and off the throttle.
 
YES! I want in. I am fine tuning my CTR after doing my BTR, and I really love racing all of the RUFs. How about a RUF series?

Sports soft for me on the CTR. I have been thinking of hosting a RUF race on Saturday morning, what do you guys think? If we get a good group, 8-12 people, we can make this a series.

I just sent both of you friend requests.
 
Last edited:
Good stuff, what were you guys thinking for modification parts?
 
Not too many mods, suspension, transmission, LSD, racing exhaust, ecu tuning, weight reduction stage 1, chassis reinforcement, and tires limited to sport soft.
 
Not too many mods, suspension, transmission, LSD, racing exhaust, ecu tuning, weight reduction stage 1, chassis reinforcement, and tires limited to sport soft.

That's pretty much what I was thinking to.
 
So what time do you guys wanna run on saturday?
 
Morning. About 7 am Alaska time. I can host on my lounge.
 
I am down. Was thinking of a Ruff series my self. 7:00am is a bit early for me though.
 
I am down.. I prefer bonestock on the sport soft tires.

PSN: PositionZero
 
nickxx4360
I am down. Was thinking of a Ruff series my self. 7:00am is a bit early for me though.

Are you in Alaska or Hawaii? 7 am here is 8 am west coast, 11 am east
 
I'll be there
 
I'll open the Lobby at 0630 Alaska time (0730 west coast, 0830 mountain, 0930 central, 1030 east coast), race will start around 0700.

Mods allowed: suspension, transmission, LSD, racing exhaust, ecu tuning, weight reduction stage 3, engine tuning stage 3, chassis reinforcement, and tires limited to sport soft. (I made the changes n Italics after I realized my CTR has those and can't be undone...)

Would anyone like to set a horsepower and weight limit?

I say 10 lap races, startign with Deep Forest, then we'll decide on somewhere else.

@Jinx: adding you on psn, you're welcome in too. Anyone else want to race too please add me to your psn as a friend (rpiereck74) and I'll add you.
 
8:00am PST is a bit too early for me. If I get online not too long after that I'll jump in the lounge and see what you guys are up to.
 
I'll be up and running, just join in later when you can.
 
My Lounge is open now for the RUF races, come in when you can!
 
Can I use my CTR2? I would love to race against you all!
 
Yes, send me a friend request
 
Rabbitude and I spent almost 3 hours on the server racing RUFs and chatting, Capt Air attempted to join but was having network issues.

If anyone likes to race RUF keep posted, we will be doing this again!
 
Im also ready for a RUF race. Im pretty sure I have a bone stock Yellow Bird
 
Last edited:
Yeah it was a good time, hope we can get some more drivers...
 
I'd be in for a CTR / BTR series, at the nurburgring of course.

The CTR2 and RGT handle far to well to be included though!

I also have a spare yellowbird if anyone needs one?
 
The CTR2 and RGT could be used with a handicap. I've been testing them to figure out the optimum handicap for those models. It would be cool to have an all RUF meeting.
 
We should do both, it would be a cool race to have all the RUFs, but I would like to see a CTR and or BTR race, these cars require a ton of skill and concentration to drive. Only the top tier of drivers can drive these thing at their limit. I think it would be great to race with some of these drivers.
 
I can't do the race tomorrow morning but can do it either later tomorrow or sunday morning.
 
I can't do the race tomorrow morning but can do it either later tomorrow or sunday morning.

Cool 👍
I don't think this needs to be a formal series or anything, we can just meet up and do a few races once in a while.

Was just racing my stock Yellowbird (detuned to 500pp) on sport softs tonight. Was loosing about a second a lap to an M3 GTR at Cote D'Azur, but managed to hang onto second place.

Not sure what my schedule looks like tomorrow, but post up when you're on and we'll try to meet up.
 
Back