Anyone like the idea of a Karting seasonal?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Christian_C
  • 40 comments
  • 2,456 views

Christian_C

Premium
Messages
1,499
United Kingdom
Stoke, UK
Messages
GTP_Christian_C
After using the Kart for the last race of the compact car seasonal and finding it to be a blast I can't help think there needs be more races for the Kart (The special events for the Kart were pretty fun) and I think a full 5 race seasonal event would be a pretty cool thing :)

I love using the kart as it's pretty different to just driving a normal car or race car on this game.

What do you guys think?
 
Why not? Because I don't see them making an event made up of five custom tracks. I surely wouldn't like to race these things on the long and wide circuits in GT5.
 
If it rewards a special paint chip like the Special Event then yes I do!
 
Too slow Bobs. No 👎
 
Yes. Should have been done everysince too. Without it, adding the Kart to the game was a waste, you do 1 challenge and park (for those who don't venture online)

After using the Kart for the last race of the compact car seasonal and finding it to be a blast I can't help think there needs be more races for the Kart (The special events for the Kart were pretty fun) and I think a full 5 race seasonal event would be a pretty cool thing :)

I love using the kart as it's pretty different to just driving a normal car or race car on this game.

What do you guys think?

Isn't the Kart's PP to high for that race?
 
definately need more karting events. am a big karting fan and would rather have karting events than stupid nascar rubbish..
 
Bring it on! And make them difficult. 👍👍👍
 
Yes, but they'd have to pick the right tracks and make them difficult.

Once you get used to to it, driving the Kart is excellent. Really enjoyed the challenges.
 
Only if Sarth and Nurburgring are in the track line up, and only if it's 20 laps on sarth and 50 on nur! :crazy:
 
Yes. Should have been done everysince too. Without it, adding the Kart to the game was a waste, you do 1 challenge and park (for those who don't venture online)



Isn't the Kart's PP to high for that race?

Nope, not at all. Adding weight to the kart lowers the PP enough for it to be eligible. Its one of the many cars I have tried (like an S2000, the APEX MRS, the 85 Pajero rally car) in the compact seasonals and wholeheartedly enjoyed.
 
Nope, not at all. Adding weight to the kart lowers the PP enough for it to be eligible. Its one of the many cars I have tried (like an S2000, the APEX MRS, the 85 Pajero rally car) in the compact seasonals and wholeheartedly enjoyed.

Yea. Just tried it.. adding weight drastically changes the PP on the Kart unlike normal cars.
 
More Karting events would be a nice and welcomed edition by many.

Really enjoy the karts. Don't race them nearly enough though. Hard to find people that are willing to do so online. Most kart rooms have SFR on and that is a no no for my style.
 
Yes! the Karting events are very entertaining.
 
Most kart rooms have SFR on and that is a no no for my style.

Other than the driving line, karts have no driving aids. So even if it is not specifically excluded in the room settings, SRF cannot be used with karts.
 
To those who think I'm suggesting really long tracks I'm not. I'm more talking about the proper but small tracks in the game, for example I thought the Karts on Autumn Ring Mini were really good fun so I don't think it'd go a miss to use some of the other small tracks in the game (Tsukuba might work).

My main point is that I enjoy driving these things but since I don't really venture online much I'd like a chance to use them more offline rather than in just 6 races which whilst fun are a little bit pointless since I don't earn xp or money in the process. That's why I enjoyed the compact car seasonal so much because whilst having a blast in the kart I was also assisting my progress in game.

Also if anyone races Karts online (or wants to) drop me a friend request on PSN as I'd like to do some racing in these things :)
 
I would love to see a seasonal event for Karts.
 
To those who think I'm suggesting really long tracks I'm not. I'm more talking about the proper but small tracks in the game, for example I thought the Karts on Autumn Ring Mini were really good fun so I don't think it'd go a miss to use some of the other small tracks in the game (Tsukuba might work).

SSR5 Clubman, Top Gear Test Track, and Rome are fun for karts, and aren't extremely hard, either.
 
I would agree that it would be nice, but I would like to have a seasonal on off-road tracks first.
 
I have to say that I'm on the fence about this. Golding that Autumn Mini track was the bane of my existence for a couple of days. I just kept getting over-zealous in the turns or would get rammed by one of those cheating AI bastages! :lol:

Finally, I just tweaked my trans a little higher to get more acceleration and managed to NOT ram into one of the AI doofuses who keep spinning out in that one corner (because they go over the kerb and lose control) and come flying in off of the grass onto the track right in front of me, and zoomed to a golden victory. 👍
 
There should be more karting :D
 
Honestly? No. There are plenty of kart races in the game already in the Special Events hall, and they are all already set up like the Seasonal Events are as well. There are tons of things I would rather PD use for Seasonals than more kart races.
 
definately need more karting events. am a big karting fan and would rather have karting events than stupid nascar rubbish..

Typical reply from an ignorant mind, you dont understand something so you dont like it or have to make fun of it. There are more GT games sold in the USA than all other countries combined with the exception of japan. Nascar has been the fastest growing sport for the past several years and has the largest fan attendance numbers of any sport in the USA. Nascar is also big in Japan, with pre season races being held there every year. PD saw an opportunity to attract new fans to the series (by adding nascar) that may have never picked up a GT game otherwise. Like it or not it is in the game and people will ask for Nascar content, you dont like it then go play F1 or Shift 2.

To stay on topic, I wouldnt mind if they mixed in a karting race. Some seasonals where theres five tracks and you have to use a different car or restriction for every track, maybe they could throw in a kart race on one of the smaller tracks every now and then. I dont know about 5 full races with karts tho.
 
Last edited:
Typical reply from an ignorant mind, you dont understand something so you dont like it or have to make fun of it. There are more GT games sold in the USA than all other countries combined with the exception of japan. Nascar has been the fastest growing sport for the past several years and has the largest fan attendance numbers of any sport in the USA. Nascar is also big in Japan, with pre season races being held there every year. PD saw an opportunity to attract new fans to the series (by adding nascar) that may have never picked up a GT game otherwise. Like it or not it is in the game and people will ask for Nascar content, you dont like it then go play F1 or Shift 2.

To stay on topic, I wouldnt mind if they mixed in a karting race. Some seasonals where theres five tracks and you have to use a different car or restriction for every track, maybe they could throw in a kart race on one of the smaller tracks every now and then. I dont know about 5 full races with karts tho.

not ignorant just dont see the point in going round and round in a circle.. go straight. turn left. go straight. turn left. go straight. turn left. how exciting!!!
 
Yes, I'd like to see a Karting seasonal. I've used them a lot in arcade mode and it'd be nice to get some XP and credits in them.
I too would recommend the top gear test track, London and the short madrid track. I'd enjoy trying Eiger too.
 
Jupp Kart seasonal would be very nice, and it got my vote :D
 
not ignorant just dont see the point in going round and round in a circle.. go straight. turn left. go straight. turn left. go straight. turn left. how exciting!!!

Your comment proves my point, if you think thats all nascar is about then you are IGNORANT! Oh wait, lets watch F1 where drivers are told to slow down and get out of the way so their teamate will get the win because he is the one the team owner spent all the money on so they have to make him a winner. Ya, great sport where the winners are decided before the first race is even run! Bunch of whiney-ass rich mama's boys playing with daddy's money in annoyingly loud little cars, ya I wanna see more of that.
 
Last edited:
Cyborg65
Your comment proves my point, if you think thats all nascar is about then you are IGNORANT! Oh wait, lets watch F1 where drivers are told to slow down and get out of the way so their teamate will get the win because he is the one the team owner spent all the money on so they have to make him a winner. Ya, great sport where the winners are decided before the first race is even run! Bunch of whiney-ass rich mama's boys playing with daddy's money in annoyingly loud little cars, ya I wanna see more of that.

You've been greatly miss-informed, try watching the Hungarian GP last weekend and you'll see what proper racing is about
 
Karting Seasonal? Yeah, but how about a rally car one too?
 
Back