Anyone missing the fast forward feature in b-spec?

  • Thread starter Thread starter jacksmith
  • 20 comments
  • 3,515 views
Messages
189
Messages
ramangt40
In GT4 the fast forward feature in b-spec was a very helpful tool,didn't have to wait the whole duration of the race,set it to fast forward and the race was done earlier than it would have been in normal time,hope PD will include this in GT in future.
 
Fast Forward / Pause Feature in B-Spec for Patch 1.10 :gtpflag:
 
Fast forward from level 1 to 40 in 1 hour? They won't ruin the game this much, surely.
 
I think i'm one of the very few that actually enjoy watching their cars racing in real time. If you choose a car that isn't much more powerful than the opponents you can watch some great battles and in that case, giving orders to your drivers starts to have sense... The interior view camera becomes much more interesting too. Sadly, too many people seem to forget all the work behind these features..

But again, Polyphony should have kept the fast forward feature to satisfy all the players... but i think it's more of a technical reason that they have dropped it... in GT4 there were only 6 cars on the track and much less parameters for the console to handle but in GT5 there are 10+ cars + much more parameters + weather change/day night cycle (in some cases) + a slightly improved IA... Maybe that is too much calculations that the PS3 can not really handle in fast forward mode.. So i don't think the fast forward feature will be included later in the game... Maybe it will happen with a more optimized game engine in GT6...
 
Fast Forward / Pause Feature in B-Spec for Patch 1.10 :gtpflag:
That would be a low blow to anyone that went to level 40 early on.

What I really miss is GT being an A-spec only game.
 
I miss the fast forward. Also the inclusion of Bspec in Aspec.
I don't mind watching Bob from time to time around LeMans but there's only so much I can take!
 
I really missed it, although I have to understand PS3 limitations just like what KOUKI57 said...

These features should be included in GT series on PS4!
 
OMG am I ever, I think PD's aim is to get us more involved with giving the commands.

In races where you put Bob in a more closely matched car the need for good commands gets greater and greater.. But I want my Bob for the 24h A-spec races and to drone run some cash for me. Let's just say I don't like the limitations on Bob.
 
They should make it where once u past level 30 u get the feature unlocked because there are more laps for bspec for some reason and most races have u use worse tires so it actually takes way longer than the aspec version. There is no way ur driver u lose a race after level 30 so I think it's fair since ur never gonna have to tell him what to do also u don't have to click fast forward u can watch the race real time if u want
 
(With GT5 I'm new to the GT series and I've long been at Level 40, so I don't "miss" it per se, but it's something that would've been nice - even if it simply allowed us to move things along anywhere from 10% to 25% faster than real-time...)

It might be, but I don't particularly think it's a question of a PS3 limitation.
If they were able to make the game run on the PS3 in real-time with all these variables, what's the big difference with an additional minor coding subroutine that tells the system to speed things up?

I also doubt it's a case of PD wanting us to have more interaction.
If that was the case, why would they let us throw our B-Spec Bob into a X2010 against significantly slower cars?
(I do this all the time. It's what I like to call "The Ron Popiel Method" of B-Spec - "Set it and forget it". Just a periodic check and button-clicking to cycle through the menus every fifteen or so minutes, and I guarantee I've earned 866,000 credits in the Dream Car Championship - unless the game crashes, which will happen on average once a week or so.)

I offer a different theory as to why it's not a part of GT5 - they ran out of time. (OK, I say this without knowing whether it was a part of GT5 Prologue because I've never played or even seen it, but even if it was in Prologue, that doesn't mean it would've automatically transferred over with the platform start for GT5 that was Prologue.)
It's no mystery or surprise that GT5 on the whole was not as "complete" a game as the GT Community - or even its creator Kaz - had hoped for. I just think that it's something that if we'll ever see it, then it will be included in a future patch.

Off-topic, instead of a speed-up option in B-Spec, I'd much rather see some sort of "rewind" and "fast-forward" options added to replays.

Just my $0.02 on the topic.

Peace...
 
Fast forward from level 1 to 40 in 1 hour? They won't ruin the game this much, surely.
I'd suggest it wouldn't ruin the game but probably make it better. This whole XP thing is needless and I doubt anyone really cares about it. I'm sure most poeple playing care more about just driving cars than what level their A.I. driver is.

"Hey dude lets go sit in front of our TV for the whole weekend and watch B-Spec Bob drive my cars."

"Sure sounds like an acheivement."

No, it sounds boring. I haven't even touched my B-Spec mode because the first few races I did were so boring that I actually took a 3 day hiatus from the PS3 to re-tune my sense of fun.

If this fast-forwarding thing makes into the game, I'll definitely revisit B-Spec and give it a go. HUGE improvement from my perspective.

I also want to say if anyone is playing GT5 just to level up to 40, I'm afraid they're missing the point of the game or PD has really missed the target here. It was never about XP and levels, its just about driving and racing cars. Where this whole XP thing came from is something pulled from what most gamer companies call a "more RPG direction" but is really just an uncreative cop out to attempt to add dynamic to an otherwise straight forward game. People tend to lose sight on whats important here and waste time dicking around with this XP system - I'm probably being insensitive to those who are really XP geared, but I'm just speakin the truth.
 
Last edited:
That would be a low blow to anyone that went to level 40 early on.

What I really miss is GT being an A-spec only game.

You can easily reach level 40 B-spec by just remote racing for several days. B-spec level is really nothing special.

But I definitely agree with your last statement. B-spec should've at least just stayed the way it was in GT4. The only good thing about B-spec in GT5 is remote racing. :indiff:
 
No I dont.
It would turn off After the 1st Pit stop of a race and go back to normal time.
 
I'd suggest it wouldn't ruin the game but probably make it better. This whole XP thing is needless and I doubt anyone really cares about it. I'm sure most poeple playing care more about just driving cars than what level their A.I. driver is.

"Hey dude lets go sit in front of our TV for the whole weekend and watch B-Spec Bob drive my cars."

"Sure sounds like an acheivement."

No, it sounds boring. I haven't even touched my B-Spec mode because the first few races I did were so boring that I actually took a 3 day hiatus from the PS3 to re-tune my sense of fun.

If this fast-forwarding thing makes into the game, I'll definitely revisit B-Spec and give it a go. HUGE improvement from my perspective.

I also want to say if anyone is playing GT5 just to level up to 40, I'm afraid they're missing the point of the game or PD has really missed the target here. It was never about XP and levels, its just about driving and racing cars. Where this whole XP thing came from is something pulled from what most gamer companies call a "more RPG direction" but is really just an uncreative cop out to attempt to add dynamic to an otherwise straight forward game. People tend to lose sight on whats important here and waste time dicking around with this XP system - I'm probably being insensitive to those who are really XP geared, but I'm just speakin the truth.

If the fast forward is introduced, all rewards from B-Spec should be removed then.

Also, they added the XP because the game doesn't have a proper story mode. Oh I miss ToCa Race Driver career modes :(
 
Imagine using the Red bull in 3X time...

Perhaps that's why Fast Forward isn't offered... it'd break the fundamental laws of physics which says that nothing can travel faster than the speed of light.

With the X2010 on FF you'd only see the track for a split second before it was finished. Maybe a quick flash of the car before it crosses the starting line, and then nothing but blur till it's over, or .001 secs, whichever comes first.
 
Back