B-Spec Fast Forward

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mkwone
  • 17 comments
  • 14,656 views
Messages
49
Messages
Mkwone
Messages
Mkwone
I'm hearing reports that B-spec races can't be fast forwarded, is this true? I've also heard talk many moons ago that we'd be able to control B-spec races when we're away from the PS3, do we know how this works ands has anyone done it?
 
Second that, though, in "live view" in b-spec mode, at the top, there are numbers 1, 2 and 3 and arrow buttons on left and right - these buttons don't do nothing. I wonder whether this is a bug or it will be "enabled" later...???
 
those numbers are denoting the sectors for the columns below
 
those numbers are denoting the sectors for the columns below

In that case, what these arrow-buttons supposed to be doing? Hence I'm not sure about your theory and I do hope that you are wrong... Otherwise I will be VERY disappointed...
 
I'm hearing reports that B-spec races can't be fast forwarded, is this true? I've also heard talk many moons ago that we'd be able to control B-spec races when we're away from the PS3, do we know how this works ands has anyone done it?

Im level 26 b-spec and have done Grand Valley 300km and im in the middle or just past halfway on the 4hour Roadster magigy and there is no fast forward on either im sorry to say

EDIT Im also really bloody bored with this race
 
Yeah the numbers and arrows are for navigating the sector times.
 
Not all tracks have 3 sectors.
 
And I doubt that there will ever be a fast-forward-function since you, the player, are supposed to manage your driver in real time. This is a race manager mode, race managers can't fast-forward a race either. Just like PD makes you experience a 24h endurace race in real time, B-spec-mode does so, too.
 
Im level 26 b-spec and have done Grand Valley 300km and im in the middle or just past halfway on the 4hour Roadster magigy and there is no fast forward on either im sorry to say

EDIT Im also really bloody bored with this race

:nervous:

And I doubt that there will ever be a fast-forward-function since you, the player, are supposed to manage your driver in real time. This is a race manager mode, race managers can't fast-forward a race either. Just like PD makes you experience a 24h endurace race in real time, B-spec-mode does so, too.

there was fast forward in gran turismo 4.. there was lots of other things that seems to be missing...

If these numbers mean the column number, why these buttons don't do nothing??

I think I'm having nightmares :> WTF?
 
zYx
there was fast forward in gran turismo 4..
Yes, but that didn't really make sense (and made people misuse the mode as an autopilot for long/boring races), so they removed it.

zYx
If these numbers mean the column number, why these buttons don't do nothing??
Because the track in that example only has three sectors.
 
I really hate it then :(

So are there any 24hr races? I'm only on level 7 so don't know.

Which track has more than 3 sectors?
 
I liked the fast forward option. At the end of the day this is just a game :/
 
2 minutes left of the 4 hour bore fest, Good word it was boring having to constantly keep my eye on it :(
 
Yes, but that didn't really make sense (and made people misuse the mode as an autopilot for long/boring races), so they removed it.

Rumour has it, that the PS3 cannot cope with calculating physics for up to 16 cars in GT5 any faster than in real time. That's probably also the reason why there is no fast forward in replays, and why they left out the youtube-export.
 
Rumour has it, that the PS3 cannot cope with calculating physics for up to 16 cars in GT5 any faster than in real time. That's probably also the reason why there is no fast forward in replays, and why they left out the youtube-export.

Your theory make even more sense then any other... "theory". Even during normal gameplay the ps3 system can't cope with not even 16, but 12 or less cars...:crazy:

I must admit, being a big gt series fan, this time I am very disappointed. ...and you guys must admit it too, this game doesn't work like a typical console-game should work. The graphics are not great at all :nervous:
 
Why can't you see any of your lap times in B-spec? the live timings screen is pointless
 
Back