Anyone notice the new songs that sound like old GTs

• Thread starter scottb153
  • 30 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hi Everybody has anyone noticed the new songs that have been added in game i think they've done this accidentally before mondays update.

If your not sure what they sound like they are like previous GT menu soundtrack's one sounds familiar like it's was from the Christmas update.

Last edited:
8574946122504865284_21.jpg

Are not all the original songs updated from each GT?
GT1 was like 1980s Arcade music.
GT2 started to jazz up the original songs
GT3 was nearly the same
GT4 went into more lounge and techno for the original music
GT5 and GT6 are more contemporary updates to the original music.
GTS is straight up club music

Hey you can read a question without a question mark and not moan you know that's rare here!

Anyway you seem right about all that apart from the old jazz and piano music they played during the christmas update, well this kind of stuff is back with some more lounge/tech one's aswell

I'm really happy they've added more tracks into the game but i feel they're going back again abit.. the best thing they ever did for the genre was start adding the sounds of lenny ibizzare and kay nakayama but that's all to do with taste and if you've grown up liking it the way it was then that's understandable.

Last edited:
Hi Everybody has anyone noticed the new songs that have been added in game i think they've done this accidentally before mondays update.

If your not sure what they sound like they are like previous GT menu soundtrack's one sounds familiar like it's was from the Christmas update.
Names of these might help?
GTS has most if not all of the jazz now included from GT5 and GT6. Tunes from Satoshi Bando's work has always been a favourite of mine.

Nothing can be implemented in a game without an update to my knowledge. There has been no update. So....

Edit: The GT5 and 6 music does not appear in the music list. Never has. But the songs title comes up on screen everytime a new one comes on. I'm 100% certain this is what you're hearing.

Well that's odd its 1.00 am where I'm at so booting the ps4 up just to find out what they are to prove a point isn't my cup of tea..

I should have remembered one but i didn't think it was just me, if I've just got them early without an update that is very strange? .... could this be something I should actually turn my ps4 on for have i got lucky here??

oh and sorry my music knowledge of this franchise isn't that good sports got me hooked.

Well that's odd its 1.00 am where I'm at so booting the ps4 up just to find out what they are to prove a point isn't my cup of tea..

I should have remembered one but i didn't think it was just me, if I've just got them early without an update that is very strange? .... could this be something I should actually turn my ps4 on for have i got lucky here??

oh and sorry my music knowledge of this franchise isn't that good sports got me hooked.

I'll requote myself -
The GT5 and 6 music does not appear in the music list. Never has. But the songs title comes up on screen everytime a new one comes on. I'm 100% certain this is what you're hearing.

And it's 1.18am here also.

I don't know all the names of tunes throughout the series. I feel there are variations of the original menu songs, is what I mean.

Okay long topic short yes I get the quote at the bottom but you said you need a update to add new songs in the game... how and why have they only just started playing for me thats what I was asking??

cya tomoz

Okay long topic short yes I get the quote at the bottom but you said you need a update to add new songs in the game... how and why have they only just started playing for me thats what I was asking??

cya tomoz

There's 2 music modes you can choose in settings. The default one has the new, especially for GT Sport, music. The latter has the new and old music all combined. Maybe you changed this setting semi recently or something. That's how I discovered the GT5 and 6 tunes in Sport.

There's 2 music modes you can choose in settings. The default one has the new, especially for GT Sport, music. The latter has the new and old music all combined. Maybe you changed this setting semi recently or something. That's how I discovered the GT5 and 6 tunes in Sport.

How do you adjust these settings?

Yeah well same here bro that's what I mean lol, I don't want to lose focus too.
So if anyone can tell me that would be nice, thanks for telling me about the options to change the music,I've now discovered some epic tracks thanks again.

Yeah well same here bro that's what I mean lol, I don't want to lose focus too.
So if anyone can tell me that would be nice, thanks for telling me about the options to change the music,I've now discovered some epic tracks thanks again.

If I recall correctly in the sound menu you can change the bgm music between race and menus to just menus to off.

Thanks,do you know if the transmission play it crosses over into the races I've not tried adjusting it, I just don't want to miss out on any tracks lol.

That's what's great about this music most of its very relaxing and easy to listen to.. This one in particular helps me delve into to this rich world.

Last edited:
I know about Transmission Mode but never bothered to actually try it (because I'm not one of those share/upload/tweet everything millenials), but seeing some of the old tracks here I was curious yesterday and this came on:

Man, I almost cried from the nostalgia. I usually turn the menu music off after a couple of months in any game if I'm going to be playing it for more than a year (no matter how good, it grates after a while). Alony (along with Age of Aquarius and White Out) was one of my favourite tracks back in GT6. I don't think I've heard it since 2014. Such an amazing feeling and daresay matches the atmosphere of the menus much better than GTS' original pieces.

Shame you can't select or mix and match which songs you want played from Options like in GT5/6. I'd take a handful of GTS' originals and add in the rest of GT5/6 songs. That would be heaven...

Back