Anyone Recognise These?

• Thread starter leeislee
  • 17 comments
Did he actually did it? Did he had your permission? :embarrassed:

ps: Those were great shots :D

Have to shake my head, but it happens all the time unfortunately, and all rights reserved too!! Keep on doing what you do so well.

He is probably a good graphic artist, but what makes me laugh is that this guy promotes himself as a web designer, art director, motion artist and he did none of that here. It's easy to remove the background art of the real GT jewel box and insert those "lifted" images from the Photomode forums. Come on, the best way to promote yourself is not using somebody's art. At a minimum use yours. He even had his page listed as copyrighted!

Last edited:
He is probably a good graphic artist, but what makes me laugh is that this guy promotes himself as a web designer, art director, motion artist and he did none of that here. It's easy to remove the background art of the real GT jewel box and insert those "lifted" from the Photomode forums. Come on, the best way to promote yourself is not using somebody's art. At a minimum use yours. He even had the page listed as copyrighted!

Hmmm... I don't think so :)

Wow, how'd you stumble across this? Ya know who steals our shots all the time? It's actually... PD, on their Facebook and Instagram. PD themselves have awful taste in photo's and will crown an unedited shot of a dumb painted car at the default angle and spot at Gemasolara, but I also see them posting some of the community's shots, and they credited the username but they don't show where the original was or even that they got it from GTPlanet.

Wow, how'd you stumble across this? Ya know who steals our shots all the time? It's actually... PD, on their Facebook and Instagram. PD themselves have awful taste in photo's and will crown an unedited shot of a dumb painted car at the default angle and spot at Gemasolara, but I also see them posting some of the community's shots, and they credited the username but they don't show where the original was or even that they got it from GTPlanet.
Id didn't know PD used our shots. I've seen them use terrible photos but not any decent ones from us.

I wonder if any of mine have been used by them?

I found that guys page by trying out the new Google image search. It finds websites that have used your pictures.

Here's a few... @Komojojo @Boabdulrahman @BlameAuntJemima @F1WORLDCHAMPION @p3bucky @GregOr1971 @MoMo PeeZero

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

I just got an idea leeislee, you should re-purpose this thread and have it as a repository of GT photos/web links. If someone sees a photo from members of this community in some questionable publication, they can inform our community by linking or posting an image. Some might laugh, some might cry, some might even get frustrated, but at least they would know.

Goes to show how active Polyphony is in GTPlanet! Now how about the suggestions page? :D

I remember seeing one of my Gran Turismo 4 shots in Instagram!

image.jpg

Original:

img00043f.jpg

Last edited:
I just got an idea leeislee, you should re-purpose this thread and have it as a repository of GT photos/web links. If someone sees a photo from members of this community in some questionable publication, they can inform our community by linking or posting an image. Some might laugh, some might cry, some might even get frustrated, but at least they would know.
I seem to recall that there is a thread about that specific idead already...somewhere...

I don't really mind if anyone uses my photos (who would want to though :lol:) but a little credit would be nice.

I'm actually pretty embarrassed that they uploaded my X1 shot. Looking at it now I kind of cringe at how I thought it was "good" :P

Back