• 74 comments

RikkiGT-R

GT: IamValhalla
Premium
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Rikki_GTR
IamValhalla
Despite owning the Ultimate Edition of FM7, I decided to fire up 6 out of curiosity...

Have to say I doubt I will play 7 again any time soon (aside from loading up on Tuesdays to buy specialty dealer cars, if I can even be arsed doing that). FM6 is a vastly better game all round, much better career mode, far more interesting showcases and events, no cars locked behind annoyingly vague walls, and a paint shop that actually works. In fact I made a few decals earlier today and it is a joy to use...

On that subject - should I buy VIP? The last few reviews are all 1-star, saying that it doesn't work and they never received the rewards and cars they were supposed to? I want to increase my race rewards as I have the vast majority of career mode left to complete.

I may return to 6 to finally complete the Porsche/NASCAR showcases. There is not much incentive to finish the career as I prefer 7 in that regard. Also the overall graphic/handling differences tilt my opinion in favor of 7.

Definitely pros and cons to each game. I really do love the livery editor/creator in 6 - I never once went near it the first time round - and what I *might* do is create loads of vinyls and then import them to 7 (since it doesn't look like many people will be downloading designs in FM6).

I'm currently missing the homologation from 7 - most leaderboards in 6 are populated by the same car time and again, and I usually refuse to use such cars since they are tuned in the most bizarre ways to achieve a particular class. Having said that, there are literally hundreds of thousands of times set for each track and class, so there's plenty of scope there to climb which I do enjoy.

Aside from homologation, FM7 is a very badly designed game imo. The livery creator is horrible, the auction house is daft, the decision to lock a large number of cars away is just so un-Forza, online racing remains appalling.. I did like it to begin with but it very quickly annoyed me.

FM6 is the only Forza I've ever bought. I'm pretty much strictly Sony, but about 2 years ago my dad bought an xBox One for who knows why. It was an impulse buy because he hasn't really used it since, but having had a PS4 for years and no Gran Turismo game after my PS3 had bit the dust, I decided to pick up FM6 to give it a try on the xBox.

I never really got into like I've gotten into GTS or any of the other games I was playing on PS4 and I think it's more because I just am not a fan of the xBox in general, but the car list and the game itself was very enjoyable from what I remember. I'm not living at home anymore and I don't own an xBox so I haven't played it much, but whenever I'm visiting I will give a go again.

I'm not playing it any more as I've finished the careers for the main game, Porsche and Nascar.

I dont mind F7 as much as other people but I do feel fond about F6 as its a return to form after F5 and its less 'looty' than F7.

F6 is the last 'conventional' Forza. I finished it all using no loot boxes crates cards whatever the same as F7.

F7 IMO is where the rot started so there will always been 'drama' around it.

I did not really have a choice. Ian Bell banned me from the official forums so I had no option but to delete everything connected to PCars from my hard drive and return to FM6, a game that I have always loved. Only the baked lighting and weather annoys me. Otherwise it is a great game. One day, perhaps, I will get around to buying FM7.

There are so many showcases on FM6 I have never finished so that will keep me busy for a long time.

In my opinion, FM6 is a hell of a lot better than FM7. They've really gone down full in terms of presentation in 7.

Pros for FM6:

• Much Better menus (has excellent presentation)
  • Has Better music by Light years
  • Less buggy
  • No loot boxes, you could just buy/win mods without problem
  • Showcases are better
  • Gameplay feels better
  • Graphics tad bit better
Pros for FM7:

• Bigger car list
  • Bigger track list (& returning tracks e.g. Maple Valley)
The thing with FM7 is, it just feels dull. As soon as you boot up the game, the generic music makes it feel really dull and it's the first time I've had to mute the menu music in a game. Wouldn't expect the menu music be rubbish in a Forza game. Then you have cars locked, and a very slow and buggy garage. The career mode imo is much better than FM6. Has a better variety, especially with a bigger car/track list which is another positive.

In FM6, you get a much better feel as soon as you get to the first menu. The music is relaxing and feels like a traditional FM game. And the gameplay is more enjoyable. I know it's not much difference, but I found myself enjoying the racing more in FM6 than in FM7.

Once I'm finished with FM7, I'm going back to FM6.

I'm sorry if I turned this into a comparison. I just have my reasons and opinions to why I prefer the previous installment. Not to say it's a bad game, it's just badly designed. FM6 was perfectly designed imo but the career was repetitive.

The main thing that really annoys me about FM7, and I mean really annoys me is how much the game stutters and lags while trying to scroll through my garage. Sometimes cars simply refuse to load at all, I've even had to reboot my Xbox several times just to get the game working again.
It's honestly ridiculous.

Head over to FM6 and although the cars don't look anywhere near as good in the garage (static images in '6 versus rotating Forza Vista standard models in '7)... you can scroll through them to your heart's content :grumpy:

Hmmm, still deciding which one to get as my go to fun racer. Got both demos on the 1X, but I might just hold off until FM8.

With single-player nearly completed in FM7, Forzathons being buggy, and league racing being utter pandemonium, I'll probably be giving more attention to FM5 & FM6.

Yes I still play forza 6 and the older ones too, I find forza 5 hard to play with forza 6 and 7 out.

I was late to forza 6, got a Xbox one s for birthday last August and bought forza 6 too then 7 came out September so I still play it. Vip is so worth it double credit boosts and also I picked up all dlc on sale to. :)
My feelings are Forza 6 I find is more refined than 7. Menus feel nice, love the music so relaxing and love when you buy a car the lady tells me what it is. But mind you I do love the avatar and race suits in 7.

I think at this point the pros of FM7 outweigh the pros of FM6... Namely the ability of having long races, not having to place within the top three to advance, updated car models, and the new weather settings, to name a few. The presentation is nicer in FM6 indeed.

I have FM5, FM6 and FM7 on my X-Box 1. I've been playing the snot out of FM7, haven't bothered to take the FM7 disc out and put in FM6. It's good to know that others are playing FM6. I agree with pretty much everybody's pro's and con's. But, since I have the VIP and all the car packs in FM7, and barely have any of the Car Packs in FM5 and FM6, that pretty much keeps me from playing those versions more often.

Late to the party with Forza 7 as I only recently bought it as an impulse buy. It's lacking 'something' over Forza 6, I think maybe it feels a bit more constrained somehow and the fact you can't test drive the full airfield is REALLY annoying. For me it feels a bit souless, a bit like how Horizon 2 feels like it has something more than 3 even though 3 is technically more impressive.

On the plus the side the handling physics seem more consistent across the full range of cars as I'd notice in 6 that the caster effect on steering seemed very hit and miss , some cars would countersteer on their own, others would need you to physically countersteer. Drifting seems a lot more consistent in 6 because of this.

I'm still playing 6 and i think it's bonkers how complete and polished it feels. FM7 has its perks - the physics are a bit improved, but other than that, I prefer everything about 6.

Can't believe no one mentioned the consistent car sounds in 6. :cheers:

Too bad I sold my copy. Forza 7 has turned out to be very rushed, glitchy game with downgraded car sounds. I'm waiting for the Deal with Gold for the Platnum Edition. There was one recently but I didn't have money at the moment.

Went back to Forza 6 yesterday and already I'm having way more fun than I was in FM7. Just the ability to own whatever car I want without having to do exclusive community events (aside from the 2 or 3 unicorns in the game), the ability to do rivals in any class on any track and the wide range of online hoppers that I know won't be phased out just makes FM6 tons better than FM7.

Really been enjoying what I've been playing Forza 6 so far and have already got a decent selection cars but I've run into an issue, online multiplayer.

I tried several times to get into a lobby in different hoppers but there wasn't a single open lobby in any of them. Only lobby I did find was in the Intro C Class Hopper with 1 new player who was using the RX-7 you can start the game with and who left after I was faster than him in my Firebird Ram Air.

Considering I had no problem finding lobbies in Forza 5 just a few months ago I refuse to believe that absolutely no one is playing Forza 6 online, especially considering Forza 6 is, IMHO, a far better game than Forza 7.

After not being able to get into an online lobby I decided to give one of the endurance races ago and decided on the Nurburgring 125 in the Mercedes SLS AMG GT3. Some really great battles throughout the race but goddamn M.Rossi's M3 GT2 is quick as hell. Was pushing my SLS as hard as I possibly could for the entirety race and even with a better pit strategy (I pitted every 3 laps to Rossi's 2) I was still 10-15 seconds behind by the end of the race. Ended up with 2nd place in the end which would've been fine if A: I didn't need to win to complete this and B: I got more than Cr.100,000 for an hour long race.

I loaded up 6 yesterday - my last daily reward was in October, over a month before I got GT Sport - and instantly felt at home with the physics. I'd forgotten just how meaty the handling feels in my few laps with the M235i. Definitely going to give it more attention again.

Have been playing Project Cars 2 mostly of late - but got on a Forza 7 kick over the long weekend and somewhat enjoyed it. Happened across this thread yesterday at work and last night after the "chores" were done I threw in FM6 just for a quickie comparison, after having played FM7 for a few days, and I have to say I prefer 6 over 7 as well... While I like them both, I find FM6 more enjoyable. I'll still plod on through 7 just because, but if I had to pick one over the other, it would be FM6 hands-down.

I actually started playing FM6 again about a week ago(?), mostly due to having lots of cash in my bank. Been building many different ranging from vintage to modern cars, and turning them into race cars out of inspiration, though I do this on my spare time.

I like both Forza 7 and Forza 6, but both games' PI can sometimes be unpredictable for me, mostly because in FM7 there's so much cars. It's somewhat tough managing to place your car in a certain class (such as placing it one class above the last, like C over B to A for example, and maintaining power and handling), but both games (alongwith FH3) have taught me how to become a better builder. :)

Well I play Forza Motorsport 6 Apex since I don't have a Xbox one atm
It's good and gives me a feel of what Forza 6 could be like on PC, but Forza 6 Apex is like a demo and the content isn't enough turn10 could've released the full Forza 6 for PC

Well I play Forza Motorsport 6 Apex since I don't have a Xbox one atm
It's good and gives me a feel of what Forza 6 could be like on PC, but Forza 6 Apex is like a demo and the content isn't enough turn10 could've released the full Forza 6 for PC

Same here, PC only.
Apex is not bad, it's free for us but a full FM6 would be nice on PC.

I tried the 7 demo, not for me.

FM4 had the best menu music.

The only reason I don't delete FM6 from my XBox is for the Indycars and the Chryslus.

I've returned to FM6 to hunt for achievements and raise my Forza level. Hopefully I will complete the Porsche/Nascar expansions and then the campaign/showcases. After that there will be probably no reason to get back.
The thing about FM6 is that it was grindy, although the money was not the problem actually. It was something about the campaign's design and progression (and limited number of laps for races.)

I am still plugging along on FM6 every week. Some people may not like it but I really enjoy the slow grind through career and showcase. It is a really solid racer, imo.

Just completed the Road Atlanta 100 endurance and using a McLaren in the Can-Am career race. Great fun!

Back