Anyone still playing Tourist Trophy ?

• Thread starter krazzeeman
  • 66 comments
I bought and played TT last week. It's a really great game in many ways but it feels lonely just racing one other guy in TT mode. Four bikes in arcade is better but still pretty lonely... :( that's the worst thing about the game.

(...) but it feels lonely just racing one other guy in TT mode
I support you, but for me, personally: hot lapping>racing, so I have fun anyway 👍

Kaz is a lame, no really big money from motorcycle game so I think that for a long time we will be doomed to TT. I don't regret it because I still enjoying this game, but I enjoyed even more with a new, good game, not necessarily from Polyphony. Especially after GT5.

Hello, I also still play this game and have a lot of fun 👍

Maybe someone will think about the league/hotlap or something? 💡

You like and still play the game. How about you? Why wait for someone else to do it. Balang/RacerPaul and I all did a series in the past. Now it's your turn. Just search for the results and it will give you a good starting point.

I support you, but for me, personally: hot lapping>racing, so I have fun anyway 👍
I noticed that some TT mode races do have 4 riders. So at least that's better but it still feels lonely. So I guess I might start hotlapping too. And I might just post a time here if someone wants to beat it (and it will most probably be quite beatable) and suddenly we have ourselves a friendly hotlap competition with minimal administration required. No proof demanded either or anything lol. Because there won't be any prices anyway. :gtpflag:

Currently winning the races to unlock those bikes. Will have to strive very hard to gold the licenses, especially as the Honda NR is one of my all time favourites.

For anyone who remembers: how I make a wheelie? I tested moving backwards the weight with my left stick but nothing, even with the >120HP bikes and in low gears. I had years to play TT and I forgot how to do it.

VXR
Currently winning the races to unlock those bikes. Will have to strive very hard to gold the licenses, especially as the Honda NR is one of my all time favourites.
I found the license tests to be fairly easy to gold (done them all, twice), with the exception of a few tricky ones.

For anyone who remembers: how I make a wheelie? I tested moving backwards the weight with my left stick but nothing, even with the >120HP bikes and in low gears. I had years to play TT and I forgot how to do it.
Only a handful or so bikes are able to wheelie, sadly. Try the 600cc and 1000cc Honda/Kawasaki/Yamaha/Suzuki bikes, as well the race modified ones. Those are your best bets.

This game is AWESOME...
now jump on yur 600.. and GET SOME

Nurburgring

Yamaha YZF R-600(street)
TIME ( 7'28'168 )

C'MON KAZ
PLEASE MAKE TT2 .. DAMMIT:nervous:

This game is AWESOME...
now jump on yur 600.. and GET SOME

Nurburgring

Yamaha YZF R-600(street)
TIME ( 7'28'168 )

C'MON KAZ
PLEASE MAKE TT2 .. DAMMIT:nervous:

That's so cool. The wind, and the speed and the feel :)
But at the same time I can't help but feel sad when I'm reminded that "those days are over". Not everything advanced in gaming. Some things just got worse and in terms of motorcycle games, things were alot better in the old days. It's not a matter of perception, today motorcycle games lost their way and are worse.

Hey all, I just started playing this amazing game again after a loooooong break.
What happened was, I got bored with GT5 and decided to give GT4 another go...when I opened the case I found my old memory card labeled GT4 and Tourist Trophy!

Holy crap! I scrambled around looking thru my boxes of stuff and Lo and Behold...there it was, my Tourist Trophy disk. Sweet.

What an awesome game, still after all these years. Just amazing.

So. Who wants to run hot laps? I haven't graduated to pro mode yet, but who cares? Lets run.

Hi,

yesterday my wife supprised me with a fresh copy (legal) of Tourist Trophy Platinum. Before that it was impossible to find a used copy for me.

Aaaand its a lot of fun. I play with standard ps2-gamepad (unfortunately L1 L2 and UP LEFT and DOWN from D-Pad are not working) - so i cannot shift manually. I brake with the right stick (both brakes combined) and my driver ducks automatically. I have to learn to steer and brake a little bit smoother and I miss the feedback from my G25 from GT4 or GT5 a lot - I simply dont feel what the bike is actually doing. But I getting used to it and with safety comes speed.

I wish my PS3 was able to play it. I still have my copy handy in the event that I eventually pickup a ps2 again.

I wish they'd just port the damn thing over to PSN and re-release it

Yes I'm still playing, but mostly view of beating my old license test times(I have all golds) and surprisingly I have managed to shave on average 1-2 seconds off my times.

Also its not just TT I'm replaying, but also MotoGP 3 and 4.

I lent this game to friend a while back because he has a working PS2, he can't get the hang of it. So I just go over every now and again and play. I am up to having gold on every license, all bike challenges done and am working on the races. I am having a blast too.

I recently found my copy of TT in my old collection of games, and have found myself playing it quiet frequently!

It's still a great game, and I really do hope Kaz decides to make a TT 2 in the future.

Last time I have played TT again but my pad doesn't want to cooperate with me :(
I'm looking forward to this game with new one.

Was playing the game all weekend since ive been pretty bored with GT5 and 6, hot lapping El capitan. Last time I played which was about 2 years ago i thought i was fast doing 1:50s with the R1 RM. Brought my time down to mid 1:46 pro mode manual transmission. and knocked 20s off my nurb time

Was playing the game all weekend since ive been pretty bored with GT5 and 6, hot lapping El capitan. Last time I played which was about 2 years ago i thought i was fast doing 1:50s with the R1 RM. Brought my time down to mid 1:46 pro mode manual transmission. and knocked 20s off my nurb time
Nice to see TT getting some love after all these years.

That's all I've been doing the last couple of days as well - hotlapping El Capitan with various bikes and setups (best time being 1'46.090 with still plenty of time to shave off). Such a great and addicting track. Miss it dearly in Gran Turismo.

Nice to see TT getting some love after all these years.

That's all I've been doing the last couple of days as well - hotlapping El Capitan with various bikes and setups (best time being 1'46.090 with still plenty of time to shave off). Such a great and addicting track. Miss it dearly in Gran Turismo.

Best motorcycle game ever. Yeah i can see a 1:45 being achievable just have to work on set up. Really wish PD would see that this game is a gem and come out with TT2

I lent this game to friend a while back because he has a working PS2, he can't get the hang of it. So I just go over every now and again and play. I am up to having gold on every license, all bike challenges done and am working on the races. I am having a blast too.

I too managed gold on all the licenses. Something I couldn't do on the GT games. Enjoyed the game a lot. Even did a lot of race series with RacerPaul, Viperin and DJ Baker years back. I uploaded a number of them to Youtube. Just do a search for "gtmodelt" and they should pop up. But my favorite still remains RacerPaul's one on the Ring. Here it is..

Playing this again, today. It really has stood the test of time. As an experience, it nails the fun factor completely.

Back