• app

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • ios

Votes: 4 44.4%

• Total voters
Sweden
Sweden
trasanIdre
Hi, im wondering if there is a way of getting G-force data out of the system.
Maybe throu sniffing the data sent to the IOS/Android APP.

My idea is to build a motion simulator, but i need the live-data from the game to mimic the throttle, brake and turn feel.

For best use is to have over wifi couse the i can use it both on pc and console.

Any ideas?

That with a VR-headset would be the ultimate driving game!

Project CARS will have an API/SDK available that shares that information (and lots of other info). It's how 3rd party apps will interact with it. I am currently working on one that will expose all the data in the game via JSON over HTTP. :cheers:

Project CARS will have an API/SDK available that shares that information (and lots of other info). It's how 3rd party apps will interact with it. I am currently working on one that will expose all the data in the game via JSON over HTTP. :cheers:

Nice. i found a great forum for motion simulators.
With 2-3 whipersmotors, adurion, powersupply and some hard work, you could build a motion-seat very easy.
www.xsimulator.net but i would be nice to have a console-version

At the moment just PC as consoles don't like 3rd party software
I figured as much. O well, maybe in the future sms can make an app just as other game company's do. Only time will tell. Thanks for the info my friend! 👍

I figured as much. O well, maybe in the future sms can make an app just as other game company's do. Only time will tell. Thanks for the info my friend! 👍
Who else makes an app that works with consoles?

Who else makes an app that works with consoles?
Several (e.g. EA with the NFS Rivals app), but they obviously use a server in between to share the data, so no direct communication between app and console. And no 3rd party app support for that.

That is a great idea! Allowing others to pick up on it and make their own browser based displays. 👍
Exactly. Same for apps on mobile devices. Right now those require some custom server part to be installed on the PC to allow app communication with the game. With the application I made, anyone can write an app against the API. :)

My application will be free, and also open sourced after initial beta phase. Beta is already available here: http://forum.wmdportal.com/showthread.php?20767-CREST-a.k.a.-Cars-REST-API

Here are a few more.

Battlefield 4 - realtime mini map of map currently playing.

Assassins Creed 4 Black Flag - realtime map

Others - I haven't used
Destiny
Warframe
Thanks. I didn't realize that was a thing. Hopefully we can get this for PCars as well.

Please note those are all 1st party apps, not 3rd party. For 1st party it's not a problem, but 3rd party can only be done if an API/SDK is exposed somehow.

No, first party means Sony or Microsoft, or a dev studio owned by those companies. SMS are a third party developer (the second party being the user). Seeing as most of the apps have been developed by members of the WMD community, I don't see a FP dev making one unless they're getting paid, and SMS just don't have the budget for it. Without money, there's little incentive for Sony or MS to make one either.

that is awesome dude! thanks!

No, first party means Sony or Microsoft, or a dev studio owned by those companies. SMS are a third party developer (the second party being the user). Seeing as most of the apps have been developed by members of the WMD community, I don't see a FP dev making one unless they're getting paid, and SMS just don't have the budget for it. Without money, there's little incentive for Sony or MS to make one either.

Ah, my mistake. Thanks DG.

^ Haha, sneaky :lol:

I was actually thinking about this thread, although there's not a lot in there...

As for your question, you can see the discussion above on why it might not be so easy w.r.t. Sony & MS policies. Also bear in mind that making an app can soak up thousands of hours of work. In an ideal situation, existing apps could be adapted to work with a networked API on consoles, but then again the apps themselves might have to be approved by Sony/MS. It's something that just can't be done for now.

But the games listed as examples aren't first party games?

But the games listed as examples aren't first party games?

Yep, you're right, but they had one thing that SMS don't have - money. They probably paid a lot of money to get it through. I think SMS are going to have to wait and see what the unit take up is before they can commit to any external apps. As always, never say never, we've already seen a lot of surprises in this game so far.

^ Haha, sneaky :lol:

I was actually thinking about this thread, although there's not a lot in there...

As for your question, you can see the discussion above on why it might not be so easy w.r.t. Sony & MS policies. Also bear in mind that making an app can soak up thousands of hours of work. In an ideal situation, existing apps could be adapted to work with a networked API on consoles, but then again the apps themselves might have to be approved by Sony/MS. It's something that just can't be done for now.
Thank you.
I get your point. I thought it is easy to convert those pc apps to run on android or iOS. But I have no clue about that programming stuff, to be honest.

The apps already run on android and iOS. The issue is getting them converted to run on the base os of the consoles. Again, shouldn't be too hard, given that most of the smartglass or remote play libraries would have been made available by middle-Ware companies, it's just a case of getting permission from Sony and Microsoft to do so, because the way that the game processes information does not change between the formats.

Back