Apparently I was on another planet...

I was out of town for 12 days, I thought I missed something...thank goodness...

Naw... I was wondering if paint jobs were still being ripped and resold or if bans had successfully kept the numbers down.

No one deemed it an issue worthy of comment, so I have to assume no one cared or it's not a real issue anymore.

I'm in a different world from what most are doing anyway, so I don't even know if it would matter...

I'd just like to know the new SRT and Viper logo I spent 2 days on, or the sheets of 60's NASCAR and Drag/NHRA contingencies wouldn't be swiped after all the days put into them. As it seems everyone is all about the newer stuff and anime and all that, I don't even know if I would need to bother with doing much with it in the first place.

I guess being 20 years behind the times has it's advantages...:lol:

Naw... I was wondering if paint jobs were still being ripped and resold or if bans had successfully kept the numbers down.

No one deemed it an issue worthy of comment, so I have to assume no one cared or it's not a real issue anymore.

I'm in a different world from what most are doing anyway, so I don't even know if it would matter...

I'd just like to know the new SRT and Viper logo I spent 2 days on, or the sheets of 60's NASCAR and Drag/NHRA contingencies wouldn't be swiped after all the days put into them. As it seems everyone is all about the newer stuff and anime and all that, I don't even know if I would need to bother with doing much with it in the first place.

I guess being 20 years behind the times has it's advantages...:lol:

I spend sometime working on my designs, which I will admit are not the best, but I like them. I can only imagine when you spend days working and perfecting a design only to have someone rip it off.

It's one thing to steal something, it's another to sell it as your own. To me that is stooping really low...especially when the money is not real, it's more for bragging rights.

I guess they don't realize the personal pride that is stolen at the same time.

I spend sometime working on my designs, which I will admit are not the best, but I like them. I can only imagine when you spend days working and perfecting a design only to have someone rip it off.

It's one thing to steal something, it's another to sell it as your own. To me that is stooping really low...especially when the money is not real, it's more for bragging rights.

I guess they don't realize the personal pride that is stolen at the same time.

Not really worried about the ego, I sell most of my stuff for pocket lint. Well, spare change anyway. I do have a number of things that I don't see every day hidden away, you can check the pics on my Forza page and see some of it.

Nothing spectacular, just not the same decals everyone else has.

Sometimes I think I'll just put it all up on the storefront and give it sway. If everyone has it, it won't matter.

But then you go a while without anyone giving you the time of day to a simple question, and it kind of changes the mind a bit I guess.

I usually abbreviate names, but calling you "b-e-d" is more than a bit awkward... :lol:

If you want, go through my pics and my storefront. If something catches your eye let me know what number you want on it instead of what's on it now. Send you a personalized whatever design. Figure it's the east I can do for taking the time to answer...

I usually abbreviate names, but calling you "b-e-d" is more than a bit awkward... :lol:

haha....in other chat rooms, they call me BEM (BrownEyedMan)....but BED works for me also....call me anything you like, just not late for dinner:)

Add me as a friend and we can talk any time and all the time.....

Next time I'm on I'll check your storefront.

haha....in other chat rooms, they call me BEM (BrownEyedMan)....but BED works for me also....call me anything you like, just not late for dinner:)

Add me as a friend and we can talk any time and all the time.....

Next time I'm on I'll check your storefront.

If I can get my hands to work the text thingy in XBL.
I hate texting on that thing.
Or I'll have to break down and get another long USB cable and hook my keyboard into it.

And then try to remember how to spell...

If you knew me, you'd know this is something I should definitely not be trusted with completing... :lol:

My head takes certain tasks beyond the scope of reality. Really hard things like "what day is it..?".
Yes, seriously. I ask at least three times a day... Or is it 10..? Can't remember.
Only way I know is if I have an appointment and I get told 20 times before hand.

On the "bright" side, I have like 15 years of movies and music to rediscover as "new"...
Which is pretty cool given the Carp they make now a days.
_

If you can swing an XBL FR, I'm sure we can get something done. Got more than I'll probably ever use, might as well start sorting it out and getting it to someone who can.

It'll give me something to do. :)

I put this here because of the character limit in the PM's. Just some of the stuff I do for the AH cars, and other stuff I had run through my head as I was typing. Yeah, it's a book, but if I don't type it, it goes away and never comes back. At least now it's here for future reference.

First, a couple of pics from the latest AH batch...

This one is the design I sent you..:

70GTRNo17SKMN1.jpg

All my AH cars get different numbers each time, as well as small tweaks to the design. I don't like doing the same car twice. Yours will be the only #17, the one I have going to Auction is #18. If you want another number, let me know and I'll whip it up. It'll be the only one with that hood design on it too.

If a car does poorly in the AH, I put the paint on the SF. I only sell 5-10 of them at 2K a pop and then take them down to keep from having too many of the same one out there. One thing I absolutely HATE about GT5 is all the same cars on the track. Ugh. Just brain dead that is. Not even a number or in some cases a color available to use beside just the one.

The Cougar and the ACR I put up went on Buy Out, 97K and 117K respectively..:

B426CougarFram153.jpg

The Cougar was tuned to B426, ran some nice numbers with that tune in the Maple Valley rival. Made a good 200K or so before I was moving on to the next car, which was Wally's Charger. There's a pic on my SF of how NOT to set a good leader board time with that car in it...

This is one of a series of ACR's, all are different.

ACRViperDodgeNo3.jpg

If I was smart I'd just make a ton of them, but I hate repetition... And I'd be just like many others that already flood the place with the same car or same design 100 times a day. There are some REALLY excellent painters out there, and then there's all the Earl Scheib's... "Any car, any color... Just $39.95..."

I'd at least have to do different #'s for each one.

One thing you may want to do, if you want to make something a little special... I take # requests, and then notify the person and send them through the AH for people who ask for a specific number. The buy outs don't usually fly away immediately, and they aren't silly cheap. The person on the other end usually has no problem getting the car. I don't sell unlocked stuff usually, especially if I didn't make it. Those Numbers never go up again or get put on the store front. If somebody pays for exclusivity, they get it. It can be a way for you to build a nice little side bit and help those that can't paint well.

I set the buy out too high on this next one, it still cleared 57K+ on bids alone. Not bad for a 1600 AH pick up and the $8500 for the Aero parts and wheels on a car everyone can have 8 of in a heart beat. Gotta use 60 mil on something, and these poor neglected cars need a little love.

DiscountTireChevelle884.jpg

I always add something to the car. It's nice when you get something for your money besides a few garbage parts. Even if it goes cheap, I know someone can break even, they didn't just get stuck with a car. I figure even with just the wheels and a rim upgrade anyone buying a car can at least get some cash back out of it if they need to.

Sometimes I add every part just for giggles so people can tune it the way they want even if they don't have any affinity levels for the car. Some drivers haven't figured out how to use the rivals for all the free affinity you could want for many of the makes. It really can help someone for those makes that don't really have an event or need help to be remotely competitive. Me, I just drive around. Did it today in a Jeep Grand Cherokee. 13 laps at Hockenheim and I'm level 4+ with free parts. Works for me...

All my cars also have a baseline tune in them. There's a couple guys that have tested them for me and they like it. I basically make the car less tail happy, have some even tire heat and wear and turn in better. I also work the trans a little with a current rival track in mind so it's usable for something.

In GT5, I tune so I can hammer out full throttle from Apex out. Haven't got that worked out yet here as the physics and adjustments are different. Forza has a nasty tendency for cars to date Peggy Fleming any time you push a little. Skating is OK for some people, I'm not particularly fond of it, especially while driving.

As I said in the PM, got me a big old Ford Service Van to use for a logo transport. Works the nuts I tell ya. So nice to have big, flat spaces...

Let me know if there's anything you like to work with specifically. I'll send some numbers I have at the ready too. The game fonts are just used way too often, something I have to say I really don't like to do.

There's a ton of little tricks to using the fonts to look like other things, like swapping parts or using #'s and letters differently that let's you use many of them but not have it "look" like you're using them. Maybe once you have a few in hand to see how they're done you'll start to see how to do it.

The top guys aren't on top for no reason... They do most everything from scratch, and creatively using what's available to save layers is king. That's what I try to do more than anything else. I've been able to take hundreds of layers out of some designs and still have them look right. It takes some time to find just the right part, some fiddling around and some out of the box thinking sometimes, but there is always a way. Yeah, you can use 50 ovals and 126 parenthesis... But it's very cool when you can shave that to 10 (not so) easy pieces.

Thanks for the design. I really like the look of it... Modern cars are kind of lost on me, but I really like how that one comes together.

You do know that I now have to play around with it though, right...? :D

Hope the GTR design comes in handy, if not just to drive around in and be stylin' like an old man. At the least there should be some usable stuff for you on it. I scratched or redid every logo on the car, whether by adding or subtracting parts or making visual changes or eliminating layers. They're all legit from my fingers to yours. I'd be a bit displeased to see them on your storefront, but as part of a complete design or an AH car, no problem. Just make sure what you sell is original and yours, not just a change in color. Not that I think you'd do that, but I'm just putting it on electronic paper so there's no confusion or anything.

I did try something new on the hood of that car. Not sure I like it, but I now know what I'll do for the next one... Should eliminate a good many layers and make for some really nice effects.

Anyway, gotta get back to making the next batch. It takes me so dang long to do even a simple car.
I feel like I'm trapped in my head. Like I'm stuck in a big bubble...
__

Back