Apple Pi (Raspberry Pi in a Titanium PowerBook G4 case) build

Hey,
I'm getting a Powerbook g4 and I'd really love to join this project.
At the end of the month I'll be able to buy the parts.
I'm really new to this (Well I'm studying IT but we didn't do hardware projects till now) so it would be great if you could Help me getting as far as you got :)

It's really more electronic engineering than IT, I think. It's not as if any of it is plug and play, and because of college work I haven't made any progress on the monitor or trackpad since I last posted. It seems as though the trackpad isn't going to work at this point, I need to get some time with an oscilloscope to be able to test what's going on with it though.

If the PowerBook still works I honestly wouldn't recommend pulling it apart unless you're confident with your soldering and Arduino work, there's also the added problem that the PowerBook's keyboard might be different (I honestly can't remember whether it is or not, it's been some time since I lost the keyboard that was in my 12" G4) so I might be of little help there.

If you really want to do it I can try to help you out with the keyboard, the trackpad is still a mystery to me and you'll likely have an easier time with the display because if I remember correctly its much easier (as in it's entirely feasible) to open the lid to get to the LCD panel. As for fitting the electronics in the case, that'll be entirely up to you but I can tell you now that most of the ports on the Pi will have to be desoldered to make it fit. Overall it's not an easy job!

Hi, you have probably moved on from this - but for anyone else searching - the trackpad is an ADB device, not USB.

Did you get the LCD working? If so, what controller?

Latest Posts

Back