Apply to be a Guides Contributor Here!!!

• Thread starter Jordan
  • 136 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to offer my knowledge and services for making video replay tutorials and such, that is once I finish the JGTC Season 2 Series :sly: I dont know who is running this section, but feel free to shoot me a pm, oh and btw I can make BOTH NTSC and PAL replays too ;). Here is my proof as everyone and their dog doesnt believe me that its possible...lol, silly rabbit....www.jumpace.com/gt and if you know ANYTHING about OLR you know of Holl01 and him using PAL and I use NTSC myself, fyi.

jump_ace

I would like to contribute my opinions on the strengths and weaknesses of cars that I have tested. Although specifications are important, it is crucial to understand how the car behaves in different situations. Each car is distinct and requires that the driver pay careful attention to the limits of the car. True skill is not in beating an inferior car, but rather in utilizing what each car has to offer.
I wish to share what knowledge I have gathered and to accurately report the on track performance of each car I have come across. I hope that other drivers will make an effort to comment on the characteristics of any cars they are familiar with. This task is far to large to be carried out by one person alone simply because of the immense number of cars available on Gran Turismo 4.

I would like to apply to be a guides editor because of past experience with settings, tunings, and knowledge of how to get around the track fast. I am in a group that started the BESTuners thread in which we would test cars to their full potential and post the settings for people who wanted to get the most out of the car. I also understand a great deal about modern and classic cars when it comes to factory spec. and how they compare to the in-game cars. I can also tune bikes in TT (though the amount of tuning is limited) in order to get the most out of a turn. I am a DFP racer and can help with any questions regarding such, or refer someone to something that can. Most of all, i can be a help to anyone who is new or just doesnt understand the subject.

-Your consideration is greatly appreciated, 440cuda

Many thanks to everyone for all of their applications. I have not been able to visit the site for the past week or so, much less approve and create all of these accounts, so there has been some delay for which I apologize. Please check your email address (the one which you registered to the forums) for your Guides login details.

Also, once again, please do not post off-topic messages in this thread.

I Would Like To become a guides editor in the gt4 section, unless somebody gives me all the other games for free,

I had an idea 'bout a new section in each track, called "What A Rookie Sees" that would explain what a rookie would see at nurb and think about the game, such as driving at Nurburgring Nordschleife first and then hating the whole game after that, just because they can't master it in 5 min (like mdc3, nfs, e.t.c.). telling them what cars are good for each track at first, and tips on manuvering the track.

Also we should post the top power (max tuned power) of every car.

I could also fix some of the messed up stuff like how Nurburgring Nordschleife is spelled "Nu1/4burgring Nordschleife" in the track pages.

I won't be able to be editing every day though, but i'll be able to fix stuff most of the time.

That Is My Submission for the game guides, i hope it's okay

From,
Wall51

I'd like to volunteer to be a contributor because I've gleaned a lot of very useful imformation from this site and I'd like to help do my part for the next guy.

Since the GT4 races database appears to be incomplete, I'd like to work on that area in particular.

I'd like to be considered for the position of game guides editor. I've been playing Gran Turismo for about 10 years now. I'm no whizz at the game though - just average. I would like to contribute with informational guides. I was thinking of doing a complete guide to the cars from the first to the present game, and maybe do a guide on photomode/phototravel.

Here is an idea. Is there anyway that you can create a dynamic Gran Turismo quiz that could test the memory of GTP users? I'm not that technically minded, but I'm sure it wouldnt be too hard to create a database that questions are added to, and then chosen at random. There could also be a leader board. I dunno, it could work... 👍

Thanks for the applications, everyone - all have been accepted. However, I ask you to please respect my request for no off-topic messages in this thread. I have provided an entire forum here for you to discuss your Wiki account issues, profiles, and everything else dealing with the administration of the Game Guides - PLEASE USE IT!!!

Joined GTPlanet in Januari last year as GT4Fan, and I'm pretty happy that I found this forum.
So I offer my help in anyway I can. I see this wiki is really serieus and I would be glad to help in any way I can. I have been drifting for over a year in GT4. I do know stuff about tuning, although there are alot of good tuners here. I have had a gallery for a certain amount of time, and I got much photoshop experience from it.

I dont mind being rejected either though;) Though I know about drift set ups, normal race set ups, and photoshopping, I'm not "the best" at any of them. But offcourse if you want additional support, I'm glad to help.

If Possible, i would love to take over Bounday_Layer's Spot as GT4 Drifting section's Editor. He Is rather tied up these days with school. And i want the spot simply because it needs to be updated with further competitions now available, with updated Teams and useful threads that should also be added. My knowledge is reasonable, and i spend 80% of my time within that forum.

Please Consider My Offer.

Thanks for the applications, guys, please check your email. :)

Jordan, I too would like to be considered as a guide editor/contributor.

Although I am a certifiable car nut, and enjoy the gameplay and simulation experience Gran Turismo has and continues to offer its fans, one of the reasons I enjoy GT more than any other driving game is the complex statistical and formulaic data it provides if you are interested and willing to dig it up.

I have compiled a great deal of data from my many hours of gameplay and experiments, and would be more than happy to see if I can occasionally help insure the accuracy of GTP's game guides.

Thanks.

Nils Luehrmann

Jordan:

I'd like to be a Guides Editor as well. Although I haven't contributed as much to the Race Reports or the Settings forums in GT4 as I did for GT3, I do believe I have something to add from my knoweldge and experience with the game. I'd like to increase my involvement in those areas.

Thanks for your consideration.

Hi, how are you?

I would like to have the opportunity to contribute to the Game Guides as I am on here pretty much all day, and I spend more time testing and setting cars up than I do actually racing (hence why I still only have about 20-odd% completion this time round.

I like to think I have a pretty good eye for readability in posts, and I love to try to help people out. I would like to be able to participate in data aquisition and compilation, for those that may be interested.

I would like to be a guides editor as I have experience in developing car setups for top speeds and completing the FGT championship. I have been playing the Gran Turismo series for around 6 years and, although I have only been a member of this site for one year, have developed a solid background knowledge of the various areas in Gran Turismo specifically relating to perfomance tuning. I am also bilingual in both French and English and can assist in maintaining high quality and clear language within the guides.

Thanks for your concideration,

FormulaGT

Thank you, gentlmen, please check the email address which you have associated with your GTPlanet Forums account.

I would like to be a Game Guides editor, as I don't mind helping out either, and I love to see GTPlanet getting even better. I have been playing Gran Turismo since the release date of GT1. Since then, I have learned many useful things, both through Gran Turismo and real life, which would be useful additions to the game guides section.

I would be able to contribute useful tuning tips, tips for specific circuits, and use my general car knowledge wherever necessary. I also feel that I know how to make an effective game guide.

why?, well i grew up with a unique understanding of vehicles and racing, and no i wasn't one of those hick-farmer types that grew up winning various kart trophies at age 7 and winning short track stock racing at 16, i lived most of my life so far, away fromt eh drivers seat, watching and learning from the sidelines, i've never been too a race in person (well other than the famed brockton street races) but i just retained every single bit of knowledge of cars i witnessed, and it picked up quite fast when i first saw GT, i was 13, and being a nerd about cars, i always complained about the lack of realizum in games, movies, etc., GT caught my eye, "driving simulator", GT2 came out the following week and i was inline for it, that night i plunked down and played it for a good 14 hours, it was a friday ight, no school, my mom hated how i only asked for "car games" and books and video's and yadda yadda, and im a perfectionist on top of that, so everything i know, i surely know, if im wrong, a rare thing, i correct myself, people always come up to me asking "well how would my car compare to so and so's" and i give comparisions off the top of my head in my words and opinons, people think i quote car and driver, but no i just have a passion for cars, the GT series, great for people looking for closly realistic expereince, i lvoe the game, its quality and fine detail, i'd like to help out with the site in anyway i can, so if i come across something i definatly know is off, i'd like to be able to fix it........

I'd like to be a guides contributer because my Dad got me into cars at a very young age, so I know quite a bit about them, I've had GT4 for a long time and have completed it, now I'm testing cars and trying to break my own barriers. Since I joined GTP, I've been getting tips from other members which has really helped me, so I'd like to payed GTP back by helping others that need help like they helped me.

I've been playing since GT2, which I completed after a few weeks, then the day came, I got a Playstation 2 along with GT3, I completed it with help from my friends, then when I got GT4 I was stuck on many occasions since none of my friends had bought GT4, they went down the GTA San Andreas path, so I came to GTP.

To conclude, I'd like to become a Guides Editor and contribute to the GT4 forums because I'm in love with the game and I want to help others when they're stuck.

Thanks Alot,
George

Jordan,

I would love to be a Guides Editor Because I grew up loving cars. To me, the Gran Turismo games are the best driving simulators out there. I never had a chance to do anything like this and I think it would be excellent if I could help out with the GT4 Tuning guides, or the GT4 Car Settings section. I think its excellent that we all want to contribute to this site (well at least most of us :) ) so people do not have to go out buying guides off the internet.

If you were to pick me as a Guides Editor, you have my trust, and my promise not to vandalize any of this websites content.

I would like to contribute to be an editor in the GT4 Game Guides. Mainly, I've been searching a lot of track information but couldn't find the information I was looking for and even on some tracks, there was no information on the whole line. No track map, scetch or even image, sometimes no info at all (Referring to "Ice Arena"), etc.

Therefore I'd like to be an editor, to get the most out of the track list with as much information a GT4 gamer asks out of it 👍

It quite speaks for itself I never would and will abuse any of GTP's information and editing options, vandalize the site or do any illegal things which are not allowed at GTP, I have been part of this website since July 2004, created my own team here, made up to almost 2,000 posts, created a very succesful GT4 Photo Gallery, etc. GTP has my loyalty to even make this site better then ever before 👍

Pink,

Thanks guys, please check your email. :)

Well, I just sent you a PM, so check them now.

I'd like to apply for the positions on the grounds that I have played every GT since the first one and I like helping out people. I am some what of a gramar Nazi, I just can't spell quite as good.

I love working on projects such as this wich require research and I love to shed light on the underdogs, such as the Mazda Protoge (< example of horid spelling). I think I could contribute most to the History and GT4's Photomode sections most.
Thanks for taking the time.

I'd like to contribute to the GT4 games guide. I am going through the game for my first time now and am trying to write down my progress from beginning to end. I'll certainly fill out the manufacturer races as I do them and I think I've found a couple of instances where the races database doesn't match what I am seeing in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back