April Car Pack Mystery (AKA Road & Track Pack)

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 54 comments
Anyone get this April pak? I tried out the free Mini, its very sexy. Now I wonder if we can shove an S33 or better motor in it.

Anyone get this April pak? I tried out the free Mini, its very sexy. Now I wonder if we can shove an S33 or better motor in it.

The W427 is full of awesomeness, and so is the Taurus.

Haven't tried the others, yet.

*Peeps at active users*

Mhm. Mhm.

Anyone else notice Jube floating around here lately, or am I just late to the party?

@Eric - If you've brought the pack already, you could save up for a SHO rather quickly. It's only 39k, or something in that ballpark.

Just a second, I'll boot up and see (I don't have the new pack yet).

Edit: Yeah, that's what mine is.

Edit: Yeah, that's what mine is.

That's kind of retarded.

I don't know how I overlooked it, but I just noticed the price and am wondering how it's more expensive than the Super GT NSX.

The prices for vehicles in Forza (especially once you get past the basic eco-boxes) do not in any way coincide with their actual market value...

;)

So, I downloaded this pack anyways, & so far, the w427 is my favorite. That car has some amazing grip through Le Sarthe's Porsche Curves. Sounds mean, too. Only downside is that 6th gear is more of a gas-saving/cruising gear as it's a lot easier to hit 167-8Mph in 5th than it is in 6th. Still, very fun car.

So, I downloaded this pack anyways, & so far, the w427 is my favorite. That car has some amazing grip through Le Sarthe's Porsche Curves. Sounds mean, too. Only downside is that 6th gear is more of a gas-saving/cruising gear as it's a lot easier to hit 167-8Mph in 5th than it is in 6th. Still, very fun car.

HAH, I caught you saying you liked a Holden!:lol::sly:

Obviously I don't have this game, but a mechanic at work (goes by the name Gaz0x on the Forza forums if anyone knows him?) gave me a video to watch of a W427 with a bit of Lion's Den Performance livery on it doing the 1/4mile. Pretty cool, and for the first time I'm wishing I had Forza 3.:sly:
Unfortunately I can't upload said video to YouTube, it keeps giving me error messages, stupid computers.

Edit: Hang on, how's this?

Last edited:
That's kind of retarded.

I don't know how I overlooked it, but I just noticed the price and am wondering how it's more expensive than the Super GT NSX.

They only made one.

Yeah, I think, I cant do this one....I dont have enough of an urge for any of these cars...Some of them should be sold separately. :P

HAH, I caught you saying you liked a Holden!:lol::sly:
In truth, I've always had a soft spot for Holdens since I first read about them. The performance & that is great, but the designs are the reason I love 'em. It's so out-there & badass-looking. All the over-sized air ducts, wheels, rotors, it's awesome.

medium_2299317306_119e256494_o.jpg

Seriously, if it was possible, I'd buy the closest GM counterpart now & just buy parts from Australia to have my own w427 swap.

I have to say that the MX5 Superlight is one amazing piece of machinery. Just testing it out, I managed to pull a (nearly) top-100 laptime on the Fujimi Kaido Old Downhill. Stock-for-stock, driving without any practice. Totally amazing.

The Taurus SHO isn't bad either. Given a few upgrades, I imagine that sled could be a solid choice within its class.

G8 GT, LS7 swap. There ya go.

Oh, and one of those clutch thingamabobs.

And the suspension, bushings, body kit, brakes, etc etc.

In truth, I've always had a soft spot for Holdens since I first read about them. The performance & that is great, but the designs are the reason I love 'em. It's so out-there & badass-looking. All the over-sized air ducts, wheels, rotors, it's awesome.

medium_2299317306_119e256494_o.jpg

Seriously, if it was possible, I'd buy the closest GM counterpart now & just buy parts from Australia to have my own w427 swap.

Ah, well at least I now know your beef is with me, not my preferred car of choice.:sly:

Back