Arab spring uprises Tunisia/Egypt/Libya/Syria

Hey, in Britain's case not only was it not approved by Parliament but the current governing party doesn't even have a majority of seats.

A Prime Minister with little mandate is taking a big risk doing something like this.

Hey, in Britain's case not only was it not approved by Parliament but the current governing party doesn't even have a majority of seats.

A Prime Minister with little mandate is taking a big risk doing something like this.

It's almost as if they are a bunch of puppets.

The Guardian is publishing claims Syria shot down 71 of 103 attacking missiles, and doesn't seem to doubt it.
Syria is claiming no serious damage or casualties. So maybe Don threw Vlad a softball, and no escalation will be required for now.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...yria-air-defences-shot-down-majority-missiles
Interestingly, Trump said his missiles are "nice, new, and smart", but the Syrian SAMs are mostly ancient Vietnam-era systems that Russia scraped decades ago.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S-75_Dvina
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S-125_Neva/Pechora
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S-200_(missile)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2K12_Kub

Interestingly, Trump said his missiles are "nice, new, and smart", but the Syrian SAMs are mostly ancient Vietnam-era systems that Russia scraped decades ago.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S-75_Dvina
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S-125_Neva/Pechora
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S-200_(missile)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2K12_Kub
Last night Mattis was mutteringly vaguely about following deconfliction protocols. Perhaps he telegraphed the targets and flightpaths of our missiles in return for safe passage for all airplanes and ships? All choreographed so everybody wins. Even poor old longsuffering Assad is now rewarded with a tranche of S-300's. We are blessed with such genius at work! Postmodern warfare dealt out by our postmodern president. Wow.

So, Nikki whatsherface just mentioned "the red line" in the UNSC emergency meeting and promised that "...when the US president draws a red line, he enforces the red line." She should have added: "...and this time we really mean it!"

Expect another "gas attack by Assad" in the near future.

Been seeing a lot of people here in the states starting question how Assad is some bad guy, citing that why would he gas his own people right after waging a successful war against ISIS and Al Nursa.

Admittedly, I haven’t kept up much at all with this event, but if that’s true, it definitely makes sense. Is this a US or Russian boogeyman then?

Been seeing a lot of people here in the states starting question how Assad is some bad guy, citing that why would he gas his own people right after waging a successful war against ISIS and Al Nursa.

If you take him as the "new Saddam" or "new Gaddafi", he'll brutalise the innocents in his country just as much as the evil sorts.

Just a hypothesis.

Last night Mattis was mutteringly vaguely about following deconfliction protocols. Perhaps he telegraphed the targets and flightpaths of our missiles in return for safe passage for all airplanes and ships? All choreographed so everybody wins. Even poor old longsuffering Assad is now rewarded with a tranche of S-300's. We are blessed with such genius at work! Postmodern warfare dealt out by our postmodern president. Wow.
Like I said in the America thread:
Or, Putin and Trump might play some kind of fixed game, to save their faces with minimal damage taken.
No one wants WW3 right now, so they probably drew the lines they wouldn't cross.
Everyone fired something and everyone counted himself a victory.

So, Nikki whatsherface just mentioned "the red line" in the UNSC emergency meeting and promised that "...when the US president draws a red line, he enforces the red line." She should have added: "...and this time we really mean it!"

Expect another "gas attack by Assad" in the near future.
One year ago, Haley said that the US do not consider Assad an enemy anymore. And then - boom! - chemical attack in Idlib.
A few weeks ago, Trump announced the withdrawal of the US troops from Syria. And boom! - Assad just gassed his own people again.

Bashar is such a degenerate - every time he's about to win something big, he screws it up by launching a chem attack without a strategical benefit from it. :lol:

Last edited:
Last week when they showed people washing faces with water due to the "chemical" attack was the only video the one where they where all inside a building?

While this sounds like a horrible question I feel I must ask it: Is there anyone who could realistically take over for Assad and make the country magnitudes better and maintain a stable country?

While this sounds like a horrible question I feel I must ask it: Is there anyone who could realistically take over for Assad and make the country magnitudes better and maintain a stable country?

Depends if you want a hypothetical person or a real person.

No, Syrias best hope is if Assad takes control of the country properly.

and then gets ousted by the military that somehow allow democracy.

In other words a pipe dream.

No, Syrias best hope is if Assad takes control of the country properly.

and then gets ousted by the military that somehow allow democracy.

In other words a pipe dream.
I slightly disagree. Syria is a country of many minorities. That the dictator Assad has protected them is important and good. A democracy - which may give rise to the tyranny of the majority - could be a bad thing. The best solution for Syria is a benevolent despot who protects minorities, yet does not have too much blood on his hands.

I slightly disagree. Syria is a country of many minorities. That the dictator Assad has protected them is important and good. A democracy - which may give rise to the tyranny of the majority - could be a bad thing. The best solution for Syria is a benevolent despot who protects minorities, yet does not have too much blood on his hands.

Isn't this 7 years too late? He has a lot of blood on his hands now.

Isn't this 7 years too late? He has a lot of blood on his hands now.
The blood on Assad's hands is mainly majority Sunni rebels against the state. Egged on and supported by western interests and Sunni states such as Saudi Arabia, I'd say they had it coming. That said, I'd say once Syria is stabilized under Assad, he should stand for election and if defeated should be replaced by one more suitable for all, majority and minorities alike. That would be Jesus. :rolleyes:

SmartSelect_20180415-150130_Chrome.jpg
Shared by a friend. She doesn't take a stance, just putting some high level overview info on the topic out there.
Edit... sorry forgot the picture.

Can you please add some info and times to this post because you have a habit to post internet poo and I'm not watching 18 minutes to find another pile of excrement.

A fair point. You are quite correct. May I proceed.

This video, is presented by some one who has been to all these places in Syria(mentioned in the video, and she has spoken to the people who live there and are suffering from the heinous crimes perpetrated against them. Aleppo, Homs etc.

There is a war in the offing, if Trump and May have their sickening way, I really don't understand where the hell they get off interfering in Syria's business.

Since videos like this are not presented on our mainstream media, but in my opinion should be, then I felt it was my duty to present an alternative viewpoint to the mainstream media presentations for those people here who have not seen both sides of the story.

I'm not expecting you to listen to it, but if you do then cool. If you don't then maybe some other people may find it interesting.

She explains how cease-fires why cease-fires have been pointless(mainly because the only people adhering to the cease-fires are the Russians and the Syrians).

@Dotini, Go to 4:57. Is she wrong? She says that Aleppo is mainly Sunnis, and is with the government.

A fair point. You are quite correct. May I proceed.

This video, is presented by some one who has been to all these places in Syria(mentioned in the video, and she has spoken to the people who live there and are suffering from the heinous crimes perpetrated against them. Aleppo, Homs etc.

There is a war in the offing, if Trump and May have their sickening way, I really don't understand where the hell they get off interfering in Syria's business.

Since videos like this are not presented on our mainstream media, but in my opinion should be, then I felt it was my duty to present an alternative viewpoint to the mainstream media presentations for those people here who have not seen both sides of the story.

I'm not expecting you to listen to it, but if you do then cool. If you don't then maybe some other people may find it interesting.

She explains how cease-fires why cease-fires have been pointless(mainly because the only people adhering to the cease-fires are the Russians and the Syrians).

@Dotini, Go to 4:57. Is she wrong? She says that Aleppo is mainly Sunnis, and is with the government.
A very impressive video, exceptional, really. Trump, May and Macron needs to choke on a turd in their Syrian punchbowl.

Abu Musab Al Zarqawi was a Sunni Jordanian not a Shia.

Middle East is a clusterf!!!!! of bloody ideologies, interests, factions it goes on and on. There will not be a end in sight. What a sad story for the people who live there :(

No, Teresa May is not at all required to consult parliament before attacking Syria. She is, however, required to pay worship to Donald Trump's raging manhood.

No, Teresa May is not at all required to consult parliament before attacking Syria. She is, however, required to pay worship to Donald Trump's raging manhood.

And then give him a golden shower?

Well... this certainly took a turn.... while he definitely is all about a praise and attention on a level that may be beyond narcissism, it just could be that he does enjoy a solid pee session as well... true or not, Id probably pay a buck or two to dump my waste on him.

For as long as I can remember, US troop levels active in foreign wars were generally known to Congress, if not always the public. But now the numbers are classified secret even to Congress on grounds of national security in the following war zones: Iraq, Syria, Afghanistan, Saudi Arabia and Yemen. As the Antiwar.com article politely suggests, this is not clearly constitutional.

White House Gives Congress Overseas Troop Levels, Omits Iraq, Syria, Afghanistan
Confirms a 'small number' of US troops in Yemen
Jason Ditz Posted on June 8, 2018Categories NewsTags Afghanistan, Iraq, Pentagon, Syria, Trump, Yemen

The White House has offered a letter to Congress detailing US military presences around the world, and in some cases offering legal justifications for having troops there. Despite claiming the letter meant to show their commitment to keeping Congress informed, it also had some conspicuous absences.

23.png
The three biggest US wars, Iraq, Syria, and Afghanistan, all managed to not include any troop levels in the letter. There was no specific reason given within the letter for not providing those numbers, which includes tens of thousands of troops.

President Trump has at times claimed that troop levels in those countries are “classified,” and that the enemy must never know how many US troops are there. Even if the administration using this as a pretext for keeping troop levels from the American public, it’s not clear how they can keep the troop levels from Congress.

Most of the figures aren’t surprising. One noteworthy thing is that it mentions US troops in Saudi Arabia and Yemen who are involved in “combating the Houthi insurgency in Yemen.” This is important because the Pentagon told the Senate before a recent vote on Yemen that no US troops were involved in the Yemen War.

https://news.antiwar.com/2018/06/08...as-troop-levels-omits-iraq-syria-afghanistan/

Latest Posts

Back