Arcade mode barely playable. (Help, please!)

• Thread starter Vitzio
  • 11 comments
United States
Texas
GTP_Vitzio/vezze61
Has anyone had freezing issues and the ground dissapearing in arcade mode? I'm getting this all the time. All I want to do is race my DLC cars against the AI. But on every lap certain parts of the track are invisible, and the game will freeze on me in 1-10 minutes every single time I enter La Sarthe. Is it my GT5 disc, or are other people experiencing this? Arcade mode's amazing and and after update 2.03 my favorite part of the game just got all screwed up. :(
Help would be appreciated, although I'm starting to think it's my disc since no one else really said anything about this..

It never happened to me. But I find that a little strange. It might be the disk or maybe corrupted data. If its the disk, you might want to clean it with lens cleaner (glasses lens cleaner). If its corrupted data, you might want back up your save data. I hope I helped.

I think weather and/or time-of-day calculations can confuse it a little. Not that cleaning the disc to help it load things faster can't help. But I have personally only seen this happen for more than an instant at Nürburgring and Spa-Francorchamps with weather on. The worst was at Spa, driving all the way up the Kemmel straight through Les Combes to the entry of Rivage with no road is NOT EASY, let me assure you.

Apologies if I botched any spellings.

I experienced the track disappearing last night. no freezing though, i hope that polyphony fixes this soon. its impossible to find or start a good room online, and it makes my cars pointless if i can't even use them aside from on the dreadful A-Spec

Clear your system cache.

sorry but that has nothing to do with it, i know because GT5 corrupted my system data before christmas and i had to perform a complete system restore. and i restarted friday, so yeah. the whole "system cache" BS won't save PD's backside this time

I spend most of my time on GT5 in arcade mode and the road-disappearing have happened to me too. As mentioned above, only on change time/change weather tracks like 24h Nurburgring or Spa.
Some times it helps to pause the game for a short time to help the game catch up with the rendering. I agree it kind of destroys the arcade mode. I was hoping it would have be fixed in the last update. But it wasn't.

I used to have this regularly. Go to utilities in the game and delete the installed files and reinstall them, or just leave them uninstalled and run the game from disk. I do that now with no problems and the game seems to run a lot better.

You will get an annoying message recommending you install the files every time you log in though, but just click past it.

I used to have this regularly. Go to utilities in the game and delete the installed files and reinstall them, or just leave them uninstalled and run the game from disk. I do that now with no problems and the game seems to run a lot better.

Did not work for me.

I still get freezing problem when loading arcade race. As the list of cars scrolls the top of the
screen, the list starts to jitter and the loading bar slows down , then nothing.
I have to quit gt5 and start over. Getting quite frustrating!

Back