Arcade Mode

  • Thread starter Thread starter fguil1
  • 21 comments
  • 2,109 views
Messages
72
Messages
nancybell3
Has anyone played in arcade mode? I don't because it doesn't give any XP or Cr or any prize car. What do you get playing in arcade mode?
 
If I recall properly:

2P Battle
Difficulties (A B C Class)
16 car races
Access to some cars you may not already have
Mileage doesn't count
 
I play 2 player split screen and time attacks.. I've also used arcade mode the get a trophy where you have to crash a car until a piece falls off, so I used an arcade mode car ;)
 
You get to have fun, duh.
 
You get nothing whilst in Arcade Mode, but the mode is quite fun. I ran a replication of Monaco GP (stopped at 'round lap 18 'cause It was getting a bit tedious) and it was awesome! Since the mode instantly sets you to 16th position and I set the AI to Pro level, it took a few laps to reach 1st position. It was super fun until the AI hanged back when I got to 1st (time gap from 2nd was 10 seconds). Still, It was fun and it improved my skills a bit in F1's. Even if there was some major flaws. I also did a 3-lap demo on La Sarthe '09 in a LMP and that was fun, too. I didn't reach nighttime, though.
 
I like Arcade Mode...

I enjoy doing races against AI at professional level. I think it gives more variety than just doing A-Spec races. Like elitedriver said, it starts you off in 16th, so its usually a good fight to take first.
 
Arcade races are better then any A-spec race. the AI is 100x better
 
Arcade is the second best mode.
I race there all the time!
 
I only use Arcade mode when friends come over, it's very fun. After reading this thread, I'll also give it a try in solo.
 
Only time I use the extremely stupid arcade mode is for 2p battles when I'm "experiencing stuff" & oh yeah that 1 trophy or 2......but once PSN gets back on track arcade mode can kiss my @$$.
 
I like arcade mode.
It's fun for a bit of messing around and I find I get a good challenge. Setting it on pro and using a Super GT or less powerful race car is awesome and really requires a battle to get to the front.
Also the damage feature makes it more interesting as control needs to be near perfect to pull out a fast lap and avoid bumping the car.
 
I find that some Professional races in certain cars are nearly impossible (without racing softs). If you choose an Professional difficulty, an M3 (or something like it), the game puts you against full-on supercars. A design flaw, but Arcade mode is still fun.
 
Arcade is fun enough, but it has one major (in my opinion) flaw. It's kind of mindless when it comes to choosing your opponents. I can go into the game, set myself to the tank car, and it says "Oh, this car has 800 BHP, so i'll set it up against Zondas", regardless of the fact that the tank car weighs as much as a house, with half the turning radius (That made so much sense that it didn't) Bad jokes aside, I'll use arcade for tuning and 2p. Nothing else.
 
I find that some Professional races in certain cars are nearly impossible (without racing softs). If you choose an Professional difficulty, an M3 (or something like it), the game puts you against full-on supercars. A design flaw, but Arcade mode is still fun.

This is what I like. :)

The M3 GTR race car V. LMP race cars! I've not won this yet on racing hard tyres but even to get a second place against a LM GT, LM Jag and NSXs' and what not really sorts the good from the average racer.
The M3 GTR is possibly my favourite race car in GT and this race around somewhere like Tokyo is awesome fun.
 
To be honest, I haven't touched arcade mode yet.
 
I've been using Arcade Mode a lot more recently, purely to eliminate the boredom of the a-spec grind and just get back to enjoying a variety of different cars at tracks that don't appear much in the a-spec mode...

Plus it's the only place you can have an offline race on one of your own custom tracks.
 
Honestly I hardly ever go outside of GT mode, most of my time is in practice.
 
Yeah. I play it more often than GT mode because it won't auto save your "progress", even though there isn't any in Arcade, anymore.
 
I find that some Professional races in certain cars are nearly impossible (without racing softs). If you choose an Professional difficulty, an M3 (or something like it), the game puts you against full-on supercars. A design flaw, but Arcade mode is still fun.

I get to compete in my M3 against others alike. Set powerlimiter to around 70% before entering Arcade-mode, then reset before race.
It's a standard version, except for the tires. I bought it some really nice comfort mediums :)
 
Just played it recently to get the trophies. Will probably try the professional mode as suggested.
 
Now that Ps Network is offline, this is basically the mode I play. I create races and sometimes, when a friend comes, splitscreen and time trial in the different circuits, testing all the cars.
 
Back