Arcade mode

• Thread starter IH8GWB
  • 6 comments
couldn't find any thing usde "Arcade"

what happens when you win in acade mode fully from bigginer>Expert

I did this a long time ago and think you unlock a high resolution mode at Special stage ??.
You get the ending movie from simulation mode completion.

http://www.geocities.com/gt2toxs/albrnickgt/arcade/extras.html
  • By winning all 8 tracks using all 3 classes of cars on the Normal level, the staff credit movie is displayed. This is now also accessible from the menus.
  • By winning all 8 tracks using all 3 classes of cars on the Difficult level, the "GT Hi-Res" mode is accessible from the menus.

I think you can do "Hi-Res" arcade-mode time trials. I think they're under a separate Arcade Mode menu item, but I'm not sure. You might need to access it from the "bonus" screen itself.

I actually fired up GT1 last night and checked.

After you have won all your "red dots" indicating races won in all classes on all tracks in difficult mode, "HiRes GT" appears in the bottom slot of the "Bonus Items" page. It is a selectable item, and works just like Arcade time trial mode, with normal Arcade car selection, but the only tracks available are Hi-Res versions of CR5, SSR5 and SSR11. As with the main Arcade Time Trial mode, the top 8 times are recorded, along with with a three-letter player name.

I must not have played it much in this, my "original game". On my second attempt with a WRX'96STiIII I beat all three other recorded attempts with that car, and was in 4th, about 10 seconds behind my Viper time. And I had made several visible total gaffs during the run.

I know this is gonna sound like gt blasphemy but I don't get the hi-res mode. It's just boring...I'd rather fire up GT3 or 4 if I need better graphics.

Last edited:
I know this is gonna sound like gt blasphemy but i don't get the hi-res mode. I'ts just boring...i'd rather fire up GT3 or 4 if i need better graphix.

Agreed, but at the time GT1 came out both GT3 and 4 were way down the road. Still, it was just eye candy.

Back