Are 100 favories enough?

  • Thread starter Thread starter NjLowrider
  • 51 comments
  • 3,303 views
For me has no sense since the game have +1000 cars!!

Bring back the garage feature from previous GTs.:grumpy:
 
Obviously not enough for anyone playing online.

I'm sure there must be a technical limitation (system resources, network or code related) that forced PD to set this 100 car limit, because there is no valid reason to implement such a restriction in terms of game play.

It has become a major problem for me lately as I play exclusively online and it always happens that I need "that one car" that was left out of the favourites list...

I hope they find a workaround for this soon and update the game accordingly...


I can not think of a single reason why a cap is useful at all. Any player can select any car as a favorite so it is not like the cap can narrow down car selection online. Also there is ZERO reason to transfer car lists between players. It is just yet another one of those situations where PD has either been incompetent in their coding (they have always struggled with net code, they are hopeless at it), or they have made one of those 'fun' decisions like hard coded boost.

They are a frustrating developer.
 
100 are not enough for me ! Why should I only drive my favorite cars online ? It's Like most of the menus - just impractical ! Give us a proper regulation filter and the problem is solved. On top of that let us buy tyres through the online settings screen...
 
Last edited by a moderator:
No not for me they should just let you use all the cars in your garage when your online and hjust use the gt4 car sorting
 
It is not enough...

how about just making our whole garage available... Why isn't our whole garage available for use online... i dont understand why PD would limit it to 100...

Oh and how about an option to make our garage the default selection, rather than seeing those preset multiplayer cars every freaking time i go into garage. :grumpy:

No limit, and they should allow us to use ALL our cars online.

It's really annoying when you don't have the car you need, you have to exit to the main menu, add the car you need, then spend the next 10 minutes loading and searching for the room again:mad:

Exactly. Another poor design decision (or a technical issue that really should be resolved).

1) Why can't we select from our whole garage when we're online?

2) Why can't the host select from their own cars when setting car restrictions, so everyone else can have the exact same car(s) ?

Favorites should stay FAVORITES.
If you want over 500 cars in that list, it's just a usual list.

There is no need to get rid of favourites, just also allow us to select any car from our whole garage while in an online lobby / game, rather than this scenario:

- realise the car you want to drive isn't a favourite
- exit the game lobby and return to GT Life
- go to garage and choose the car(s) we want to use online
- go back to online mode
- try to find the damn server we were in before to use our now-selected car

It is backwards and long-winded operations like this that need rectifying to make the user experience better.
 
Last edited:
I also am peeved at the small amount of Favourites allowed. I don't drive online at the moment, but I am trying to buy as many cars as I can for my kids to play with them in the Arcade section. However I can only use 100 of my cars, which to me is silly. It is long winded to remove and then add over and over again. Why can't the Arcade section refer back to our garages instead of the silly favourites.
There should really be an option to create folders for our own use.
 
You can now use all your cars online. 👍
 
I think the favourites are kind of redundent now, if you can use all your cars online.
 
Why even add cars u can use ur whole garage now. Just use the search feature and u can get the car u want easy
 
I don't think 100 favourites is enough. I do a fair amount of split screen racing and always find that theres a new car I've just bought that I'd like to try. But, I can't because I'm already at 100. It's a stupid rule, why not just let us access all of our garage on split screen.
 
Mmhh, still, it would have have been nice to have the entire garage accesible from the arcade

But if PD insists on limiting what cars we can choose at a time in Arcade, they ought to at least have the courtesy of allowing us to have different saved folders with different vehicles. For example, I'd like to have a folder for particular brands (say, a Honda folder, a Mazda folder, a Mitsubishi folder, you get the idea. ), or for the 3 officially licensed competitions (NASCAR folder, WRC folder, SuperGT folder), or for the other non-licensed competitions. To give us the ability to swap between different sets of favorites, now THAT would be lovely!
 
why don you just buy and keep the cars you want.... all your cars can be favorites
 
You can now use all your cars online. 👍
I think the favourites are kind of redundent now, if you can use all your cars online.
Why even add cars u can use ur whole garage now. Just use the search feature and u can get the car u want easy

Having trouble understanding the relevance of these when he was specifically talking about Arcade mode.
 
I almost never use arcade mode, but it would still be nice to be able to have more favorites. Who knows, I may start using arcade mode more in the future.
 
The maximum amount of cars that you can have in your garage is 2000.

So I think that you should be able to put 10% of that value into your favourites, I think that you should be able to have 200 favourites.
 
I haven't really done much with arcade yet so I can't speak to that.

But I really wish the Favorites tab would just go away from online now that you can use the whole garage, it's just a waste of an extra step. Half the time when deciding on a car I don't even want to use one of the cars I put in the favorites a month ago. The other half of the time I don't even notice I'm looking at the Favorites list and don't realize that I do, in fact, have a car that is suited to the restrictions for the race I'm trying to join.

It's really just nothing more than a pain now. When you miss the start of an autostarting race by 5 seconds after you earlier wasted 30 seconds looking for a car in a list before you realized it was a meaningless list which didn't have that car you just got yesterday in it, it's not a very pleasant feeling. Wasting time constantly updating my Favorites isn't exactly high on my list of priorities, either.
 
Unlimited favourites, because it would be nice to have a method of keeping track of those cars you've tuned/your-reason-here/etc.
 
There should be at least 5 favorite lists of 100, 10 even better. One big infinite list would be way too long to scroll thru, especially in splitscreen selection when the game cannot keep up loading them. Also there should be some sort of unlocking in the default "arcade" garage. Furthermore it'd be nice if we could chose the color outside of "GT Mode".
 
PD should just make them unlimited.. much like the GT Life garage so you can pick ANY of your modded cars in Arcade mode
 
meh. We all have cars that we don't really need to drive. lol
 
Back