Are cars all understeary?

• Thread starter Damien89
  • 6 comments
Brake to the required corner speed before reaching turn-in point.

If every car is understeering, you are probably placing too much load on the front tires during cornering by trying to do too much at the same time (turning and braking).

Yes.
Before 1.06 I would wear tires evenly, since 1.06 every car I drive wears the fronts at a higher rate.
My driving style is unchanged, deliberate in - hard out... no aids (well, ABS weak), so, not powering through the steering on exit, or I'd be spinning out.

It feels this way some times and I'm using a wheel. It's like I'm putting a lot of steering input and the car is not responding to it.

It feels this way some times and I'm using a wheel. It's like I'm putting a lot of steering input and the car is not responding to it.

I just bought gt sport today, last gt i drove was gt4, in the first instance i already felt that cars just arent responding to the steering input i'm giving them. They just want to keep going straight. Same old gt with same reoccurring niggling problems. Shame.

I just bought gt sport today, last gt i drove was gt4, in the first instance i already felt that cars just arent responding to the steering input i'm giving them. They just want to keep going straight. Same old gt with same reoccurring niggling problems. Shame.

You see I can't tell if it's my fault or the game or what. I slow down enough and apply a little throttle to shift momentum to rear wheels and still some corners my car won't steer. Some cars have a direct response and I thought it's my wheel settings so I've been adjusting steering sensitivity stuff lately. But, then I watch players streams like Z28 gaming and he is taking turns faster then me and managing them. I think it has to do with how they apply brake and throttle into a corner. My pedals are pretty mediocre on the T150, I can drive smoothly on some tracks but other tracks the brake pedal doesn't inspire enough confidence and I don't get feedback or enough weighty feel through the pedals. So I'm assuming new pedals can help.

I think the track pavement/surface imperfections contribute too. On nurburgring most cars I can steer just fine, on nurburgring GP I have trouble with Gr.3 cars. Tons of understeer on that track.

Latest Posts

Back