Are new generation wheels coming soon?

• Thread starter zavisic_
  • 3 comments
Slovenia
Slovenia
Hello, I am a GT Sport player... waiting for gt7 obviously. I came to a point where I want to buy a top level wheel, something like Fanatec CSL Elite....
But I want to buy something that will last for next 3-5 years in terms of compatibility...
Do you think I should wait for new wheels to come out? Maybe a new licensed Gt wheel?

tnx for help!

Hello, I am a GT Sport player... waiting for gt7 obviously. I came to a point where I want to buy a top level wheel, something like Fanatec CSL Elite....
But I want to buy something that will last for next 3-5 years in terms of compatibility...
Do you think I should wait for new wheels to come out? Maybe a new licensed Gt wheel?

tnx for help!
I would think that anyone that does know if there's any new wheels coming is probably bound by a Non-Disclosure Agreement.

Also, If you want a top level wheel the CSL Elite isn't the one to go for. The Fanatec Podium Racing Wheel F1 is the best available PS4/PS5 console compatible wheel at the moment and is a good deal above the CSL Elite and the T-GT, both of which I'd consider to be the next best but more mid-level wheels.

Last edited:
The cat is out of the bag on this topic so to speak. Safe to pull the trigger. You’re good to go with Fanatec CSL Elite, especially if that’s your price point. Consider this however, coming from a guy whose had the CSL Elite for 2 years. Entertain getting a V2.5 wheel base paired with Drivehub. (EDIT: See next post). It has a stronger motor, supports newest Porsche GT3 wheel with Endurance Module (CSL doesn’t).

24F27FD1-A58F-45CE-A28B-2BCBD847F706.jpeg

In keeping with the cat analogy, if you’re flush with cash, the Podium F1 is the cat’s ass! If you don’t want the F1 wheel, eBay it for $700.
661EC689-E300-4C72-A259-28D3E3DF1055.jpeg

Last edited:
Entertain getting a V2.5 wheel base paired with Drivehub.
I'm not sure that's good advice at this point in time. The OP mentions GT7 so it's fairly safe to say he'll be using a PS5. At this early stage Drivehub isn't working correctly on PS5 (as detailed in the Drivehub thread) with GT Sport using a DS4 and the CSL V2.5 base let alone with the completely untested GT7/PS5/PS5 controller combination.

This may be rectified in the future but at this point I would be holding off from buying any unsupported wheels for PS5 use.

Last edited:
Back