Are racing games going to die out

More and more motor sport you used to be able to watch for free is now behind a paywall. That doesn't exactly help either.

Depends what you want to watch, though it's true it's true some are now paid, there's a lot more motorsport that can be watched for free now than there was a few years ago.

And yet, even though they're the most vocal, they're still a very minuscule part of the fanbase. Hell, even this forum as a whole barely amounts a tiny percentage of actual fans of GT. I doubt it's such a high issue that it's completely swaying the genre as a whole, or at all even.

I certainly think that the sim racing community's elitism is doing no favors in allowing new people to jump into harder edged sims like AC or PCARS, but specifically, developers seeming hostility to at least provide somewhat decent pad support so that people don't have to spend 150, 200+ on a wheel just to get started. There's no real bridging of the gap - you either take the leap, or you don't.

Damn right. It's disgusting that its come to this, short sighted greedy idiots.

There's quite a bit of irony in calling someone greedy because they won't give you something for free. :lol:

I certainly think that the sim racing community's elitism is doing no favors in allowing new people to jump into harder edged sims like AC or PCARS, but specifically, developers seeming hostility to at least provide somewhat decent pad support so that people don't have to spend 150, 200+ on a wheel just to get started. There's no real bridging of the gap - you either take the leap, or you don't.

That's one thing I've never understood about most niche things. The fans of whatever it may be complain that it's not more popular, while at the same time hurling abuse at anyone who isn't an expert.

There's quite a bit of irony in calling someone greedy because they won't give you something for free. :lol:

Whatever! :lol:
In my opinion all sport should be free to watch on terristal television. Locking it behind a pay wall loses fans and ultimately hurts the sport. :banghead:

Of all genres that fall in and out of fashion I think it's racing games that have the most sticking power. They are the easiest to pick up and play and don't need any sort of skills to enjoy.

Latest Posts

Back