Are Sim Dash Displays Still Relevant In The Age Of VR?

Do you use a sim racing dash display?

• Total voters
Australia
The Netherlands
Hey guys,

Was wondering if I could get your take on sim racing dash displays? Interested to know your thoughts and please check out my poll and the questions here:

Q, Do you think sim dash displays are still relevant if you use VR?
Q. How do you mount yours if you use one?
Q. What size sim dash screen do you have?
Q. Do you use a phone or tablet with a sim dash app?
Q. If you are looking for a dashboard display, what would be a reasonable price?

Cheers, AussieStig (Mark)

Yeah, definitely not ATM. I could see a "renaissance" of types with augmented reality, or if there was a better way to get hand and digit tracking without a controller. Can't get more tactile than reaching out and hitting a real switch or knob.

I think so. Not everybody wants VR.
I took it as meaning with VR. I can agree with this though. Not everyone wants to afford VR, or can handle VR without motion sickness. That said, if I didn't already have VR and had button boxes, they would be shelved in short order and I would jump on VR. Trips and button boxes have absolutely nothing compared to VR for immersion and awareness. Being able to look around in a proper 3d space. Man, 8ts so good.

I think so. Not everybody wants VR.
I would love to go VR, but I get motion sick at the drop of a hat. I can't even use the screen shake effects in some games, because it will unsettle me after awhile. Been that way most of my life. Land, Sea, or Air. The weird thing is, if I'm driving, I can go all day and never get sick. If, I ride as a passenger for more than 30 minutes, I'm turning green.

I took it as meaning with VR. I can agree with this though. Not everyone wants to afford VR, or can handle VR without motion sickness. That said, if I didn't already have VR and had button boxes, they would be shelved in short order and I would jump on VR. Trips and button boxes have absolutely nothing compared to VR for immersion and awareness. Being able to look around in a proper 3d space. Man, 8ts so good.
The ideal setup for me is both. VR for that full immersion but also having a great traditional setup for when you want to race without using VR.

Back