Are we ever gonna get ''real'' tracks?

• Thread starter mikecustom
  • 39 comments
^ But that is Sebrings Character. I just wish how rough the course is translated better through the wheel. My CSR doesn't so much as vibrate on the concrete patches for most of the course. At the end, the wheel does not tug at all to denote any imperfections in the surface.

It's like this on Nurburgring GP, Laguna Seca and SSI... Those tracks have the car shaking at some point, and yet all is calm with the wheel.

Speaking of Laguna... I'd like to get a version of it that is un-broked. The Corkscrew is just wrong looking, although the sensation of a quick drop is portrayed better than other versions I played, at no point in Forza 4 is the turn blind.

No thanks. If the problem lies in Forza's programming, then I'd just be out of $600. Besides the new system is coming out, and I don't want to be holding 2 Fanatec bags if none of the existing wheels are compatible with it. I did that once with the Speedster 3 ForceShock on the original Xbox. I am not itching to do it again.

If the wheel is incompatible, I will not be getting the Xbox Infinity. I will probably leave consoles alone.

The whole thread is moot when you consider T10 chose for it to be inaccurate. It's not a job gone wrong, it's a design consideration. Personally, I'm no fan of the Nord as it isn't even that tricky in GT5, which is supposed to be closer recreation. I actually go off track more often in Forza's rendition, but that's likely down to higher speeds if the distance between corners is greater.

Part of lapping the Nordschleife is positioning yourself on the narrow surface to set up for entry/apex/exit; learning where you need to be and how to best turn-in to take advantage of the limited area. When you widen the course you completely change it. In FM4's case I hardly ever selected that track because it killed the experience.

Part of lapping the Nordschleife is positioning yourself on the narrow surface to set up for entry/apex/exit; learning where you need to be and how to best turn-in to take advantage of the limited area. When you widen the course you completely change it. In FM4's case I hardly ever selected that track because it killed the experience.

The track wasn't widened very much. More often than not it was only half a car width wider than it should have been with a few small sections being an exception.

That said the Forza Motorsport Nurburgring model is still very inacurrate.

May be inaccurate but, it sure does feel like getting it wrong will send you over the edge. Scarier than the GT5 version.

May be inaccurate but, it sure does feel like getting it wrong will send you over the edge. Scarier than the GT5 version.

Hard to really call it scarier than any other version because it's the simple nature of the track that makes it scary.

Long, fast and hard to remember every little bump, dip, camber change etc etc. Even in PGR 4 it's scary.

Whilst I agree that the track is not 100% accurate and has not been updated to reflect changes that have been made in the real world (the flattening of the Pflanzgarten bump springs to mind) it's a 'good enough' version to have fun on. I accept Forza is not iracing and it is therefore not perfect but I also accept that I paid £40 not £200+ to play the game so I'm happy to live with the difference.

It will never be the same as real life even if the track was 100% accurate because the driving sensation is just completely different, you can't feel all the elevation changes on the game like you can in real life, you're not worried about what happens if you clip the kerb too much, you don't have to drive your car home afterwards.

There's much bigger issues with the game than an outdated Nurburgring model which I've been having fun on since Forza 2. An updated version would be nice but it's not essential compared to the addition of more tracks in general (and less of these awful made up ones like ladera, alps, iberian, etc).

Outside of the stupid problems with the curbs flipping your car over no matter what you are driving, I honestly never had a problem with the Nurburgring in Forza. Yeah, it's not accurate, but I prefer actually racing on it than the one in GT5 so I don't really care.

Back