Are we getting back the pinnacle race cars back?

• Thread starter ctdc67
  • 7 comments
United States
United States
F1,Indy and nascar. Licensing issues and pricing are good reasons not having them but if they could be added it would be important(gaming important). This type of game is a variety racer even more so than a car upgrading game.(but close)

I kind of doubt it will happen since the PI stops at 999. If they expand it to over 1000 then that would be a good indication that we’re getting more modern F1 cars than what we have now, but that hasn’t happened just yet, hopefully in the future

X999 is pretty much just the catch-all for absurdly fast cars, so that's not the limiting factor. It's more having to navigate around who holds the rights for those series and whether there's any exclusivity to them. EA/Codemasters has F1, iRacing has NASCAR, and potentially we could get IndyCar after the whole debacle with Motorsport Games sees some kind of resolution, but I'm not really banking on it anytime soon.

T10 could theoretically backdoor it by licensing cars direct from the teams, as has been done in the past, but that's a whole cage of rats in itself and I get the feeling they'd rather focus on touring series like WTCC and Trans-Am with this iteration.

I am just hoping we can get the IndyCar back now that the mess with Motorsport Games is ending. They already announced the car will be back in iRacing but nothing about FM yet... I wouldn't think it would be too difficult, considering they had it in FM7 although that was before the aero screens were introduced. I really really hope we can get them back soon!

I would be happy with these cars came back as the same version from F7. They don’t have to be this year’s edition.

Back