Are you happy with Gran Turismo 6? Speak your voice directly at Polyphony Digital.

• Thread starter JDM SRE70
  • 131 comments

Are you happy with Gran Turismo 6?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I voted yes on this poll, even though I'm not 100% happy with the game just yet and find the single player game rather disappointing so far. Nonetheless, I know that many more updates are waiting on the horizon and the game will continue to improve over the coming months. I'm anxiously awaiting the new Course Maker and am very relieved that there is very strong evidence that the enormous lakeside highway track set in Zahara de la Sierra will be in the game soon (and an Alfa Romeo VGT if our resident prophet is to be believed)

I was pumped for GAS, I loved it for the first few days then I ran out of things to do. I love the GT3's but all the liveries on every single car was terribly pixelated and the online mode was utterly disappointing with only 2 to 3 rooms available at the best of times. The AI was terrific for the first few days but it started to get a bit irritating when they cut the track they don't get a penalty but if I make the slightest mistake by going over the white lines, I get the book thrown at me. Don't get me wrong, GAS was a terrific game, it lived up to my expectations but didn't quite hit the mark that I feel GT6 hits. I do come back to GAS when I have a few free minutes but I'll only play it for 30 minutes until I get bored of it then I go play GT6 for hours on end.

As for online "not cutting it", I barely play online all that much now, I prefer to go tune and fiddle around with the settings of my favourite cars at the Nurburgring, in my endless pursuit to find that "perfect car".
I think you should give GT6 another try, just appreciate how far it has come.
Instead of broadly defending a game I wish people would just be able to see and state the truth and be done with it. This post captures it in a nutshell. You turn away from GAS because an AI cut the track and didn't get a penalty so you go back to driving solo on GT and tuning. As I've said many times, that is GT's strength, TT's, hotlapping, car and track variety. But that doesn't make it a great game, because all you're doing is utilizing the assets of the game in your own way, not actually utilizing the offline or online racing aspect of the game which is the game or a large part of it.

GAS on the other hand has an in depth career mode, AI that are competitive, physics that are simcade but predictable and not too easy, and everything is scalable to your own talent level. That's a good game. What it lacks is the variety of cars GT has and the level of tuning and upgrade options, so it doesn't make for a good solo driving-for-pure-pleasure type of experience. That's why it doesn't appeal to many people because they aren't looking for a true racing experience, they are more interested in car selection and graphics.

Instead of broadly defending a game I wish people would just be able to see and state the truth and be done with it. This post captures it in a nutshell. You turn away from GAS because an AI cut the track and didn't get a penalty so you go back to driving solo on GT and tuning. As I've said many times, that is GT's strength, TT's, hotlapping, car and track variety. But that doesn't make it a great game, because all you're doing is utilizing the assets of the game in your own way, not actually utilizing the offline or online racing aspect of the game which is the game or a large part of it.

GAS on the other hand has an in depth career mode, AI that are competitive, physics that are simcade but predictable and not too easy, and everything is scalable to your own talent level. That's a good game. What it lacks is the variety of cars GT has and the level of tuning and upgrade options, so it doesn't make for a good solo driving-for-pure-pleasure type of experience. That's why it doesn't appeal to many people because they aren't looking for a true racing experience, they are more interested in car selection and graphics.

GAS, as I said had inconsisitent graphics, physics that are too like a NFS game, poor online (I only used online twice in the time I was playing it because it was terrible), AI was a tad bit unrealistic and had limited appeal.

And as for you not thoroughly reading a few of my previous posts (but I will accept responsibilty if they were vague), I didn't solely turn away from GAS due to an AI blunder, I turned away from it due to a number of reasons that I have made ever-so clear.

You seem like you aren't really accepting my opinion as an opinion unlike @TokoTurismo, who accepted my view on both GAS and GT6 then got back on with his life, now that is something I highly respect. So, let's do that instead of continuing on like a bunch of school-yard kids arguing over who has the most impressive sporting credentials or something like that because that is essentially what this argument is equivalent to.

I enjoy Gran Turismo 6 for the game that it is. It is nowhere near perfect, but then again, no game is perfect. I hated Gran Turismo 5, but for some reason, I prefer GT6 more. It's mostly the same game, but updated in a lot of areas. The graphics have improved slightly, semi-premium cars are great (Although they could be better), etc. I personally think GT6 gets a lot of undeserved hate, but I am fearful of what will happen with GT7 and the future of the Gran Turismo franchise.

My thoughts exactly. 👍

in my hoest oppnion,im not happy with GT6 only because ive been a forza fan my whole life. but this year i just decided to mabey take on GT6. It has its up and certianly has its downs but GT6 is a pretty,as people might say a balanced game. i would say PD get rid of the tin can sounds for the engines,and certianly introduce the option to adjust your controller settings. deadzone inside and out,seem fimilar forza fans :)

I am satisfied (puts on nomex leotard). Idk. It looks and has a better physics engine than gt5. Online racing is great when you race with the right people...takes minor networking and this place helps. They're going in the right direction with everything. Tuning has become more realistic as is driving. Yeah, sound sucks, but oh well. I didn't buy it to listen to. It hasn't come with course creator yet and a track or two...but, that doesn't disappoint me. We'll get it eventually. Until then, I'll enjoy racing and tuning as I always have with GTs. That's why I've bought them. Not for spec b, photo mode, course creator, etc.

When we get course creator, I couldn't care less if we get anything else after that, other than physics updates. IMO, the core of gt6 - the tracks, cars and physics are worth the price tag. That's just me, though. It was a $60 game for a few months.

Even at 60 bucks, we get a lot of cars, tracks and pretty damn good physics for a console simcade. I don't care if a lot of the cars weren't rendered better visually, all the original tracks have been updated and the real world tracks are very, very well modelled all things considered. A lot of people also get turned off by the standards, as if they took a great deal of time and effort to port them from gt5 to gt6 lol. They're just more options, so complaining about them doesn't make sense to me, when people cry about wanting more options. It doesn't hurt the game, other than taking up a little more space on the disc. And we get to use some of our favorite cars. Some people don't use the unrealistic in-car cam. If gt7 didn't (and we already know it will) include the current standards, I wouldn't buy it. I can see my own wheel and hands in front of me. I don't need two sets with the hands and wheel on the screen turning at a different rate than my own. Of course there are improvements to be made. But, I don't feel cheated out of a cent at this point on the physics, tracks, cars and tuning alone. It will be nice when they implement better modelling with brake and tire temps, etc...but, it is better than any previous gt. Idk what people expect for $60 or less...more like 20-30 right now...but the expectations are over the moon. The things that they're doing aren't easy or cheap to reserqch, design and make flawless, which is what every gt fan is after. Perfection. Not perfect? This game sucks! I want my money back, but it is too late! Psh. Also, I would rather they improve gt6, release it and be able to play a better game, than have waited and kept playing gt5. Hands down.

I'm not saying this to offend anyone, but I feel like a lot of the dissatisfied people didn't get into the gt series until 5 or 6. 4 at best. And I feel that sculpts much of their opinion. You bought gt5 and got used to so much filler material, that gt6 feels empty to you. That is the best way I can put it.

Course creator and endurance racing. Even the endurance racing, I would rather do it online anyways.

Gt6 is as good as you make of it right now. If you think online will suck for you and probably does. And it will continue to until you stop sifting through random rooms with all sorts of aids allowed, etc. I have zero issue with finding a good room.

I've started screwing with more sims and people should be pretty happy with what they get in gt6. Especially for what it costs.

Of you have dead zones in your wheel and dislike it, some wheels have lower lock settings and disable various BS in the circuitry/assembly and ditch the dead zone. If you can't, I would consider another wheel. Not all wheels have dead zones in gt6. My g27 doesn't on 450 and 670 lock and you can get them for a steal now. 900 lock is ridiculous anyways.

I'm not saying I am 100% satisfied, but for a gt series game, I am damn close to it. Step by step. They can't turn it into a total sim over night with some of the BS fluff content that some people want.

Last edited:
Ok so what you are saying is that developers that have been making games cannot make the slightest mistake? Well you'll be surprised to know that's not the case. As for the other statements they are not warranted at all, saying their focus is on "moon patroling cars" is completely false as that was a novelty item that was implemented to give Gran Turismo that element that other games do not have. GT Academy is a great opportunity for budding race drivers to showcase their talent that was honed through Gran Turismo, it was something that hasn't been done before on this scale, something that is incredibly innovative that promotes the game worldwide. So GT Academy is in the best interest of GT. Kaz and his participation in the Nurburgring 24hrs had nothing to do with the production of GT6, so again you're wrong. The app that was released earlier this week again was just a novelty item that YOU DON'T NEED TO GET, and it was completely up to PD and SONY to release it on Apple Devices and not Android, honestly why threaten to delete GT6 of your HDD just because a novelty item wasn't released on Android!! They have listened to the fans and you'd see that by going to the Kazunori Yamauchi Q&A. And finally, I could easily name you a list of movies and games that have announced the next game in the series before the predecesor has reached a year in it's game life. Now I could go on but why should I bother, I'm certain that my arguements are valid enough to help you change you mind over tiny, tiny problems.
Say what u may, it's irrelevant to me & a lot of us, GT can do what it wants as long as it's focus is kept on the game first NOT! Other interest that takes away from it, focus on what got you there, us the fans our needs first were the ones who put GT there.

As for tiny mistake u say, get real 15 years in the making & GT6 is what they have to show for it so far, gt4 blows this game away, talk about a half broken made game that's what GT6 is, no prologue they said, then what is GT6 not being out a year & there already talking about a GT7? Riiiight.......prologue to GT7 is what it is.

Wrong u say I am LOL sorry Ling Dingle I been here since GT one, seen & heard to many misleading & broken promises, glad your happy happy with it, heard kaz or some one crashed a GT-R in some race, why don't you go & buy some credits online with there new micro transaction & help them pay the bill since u care so MUCH about things outside of the actual GAME community.

Then don't play gt4, if you feel thag strongly. It is stupid to argue about what people are satisfied over. No! Stop being satisfied! What? I'm sorry but gt4 is fun and all, but it is straight up arcade compared to anything respectable out there now. If you like it better, that's great. Go play it. That's a pretty abrasive/angry post and it doesn't make much sense. You get pretty far fetched with your last paragraph. I don't like the novelty crap either, but the core/heart (driving, tracks and cars) is there.

Just using the features you mentioned above. The Moon Missions were novelty diversions. There's no replay value in them and they are very linear. It certainly took some time to model the car and the environment, some would argue the tradeoff wasn't worth it.

When it comes to GTAcademy, I can see how it benefits the winner, Nissan and PD, but I don't see how it benefits the average gamer. The competition is essentially 4 time trials. It's great they can transistion a gamer into a race driver, but it doesn't benefit me or 99.99999% of GT players in any way I can see.

When it comes to the Kaz Q and A, Kaz has answered 1 question, a question we've had for years about improving sounds. His answer? The sound update isn't ready, it's a big job and we don't have enough staff and we need to hire people. I don't think that's the answer most of us were hoping for nor lead to believe given his admittedly cryptic statements over the past year regarding sounds.

The problems with GT are tiny only if you don't care about racing. I realize some people like hotlapping and racing against the worst AI in sim racing but most of us actually want to race and that's not a tiny problem in GT. Nor is the lack of proper sounds, the missing features etc. etc. etc.
Well said my friend, PERFECTLY written.

I'm afraid I'm going to vote no. GT6 doesn't feel like a game anymore, but a tool for menufacters. Kaz is lost in his own dreamland who assumes GT is still on top, but its not anymore either. Sure the physics are good, but its not enough to keep me playing and is NOT a good excuse to have slow AI that sucks. The license tests is not so GT, because PD dump the difficult down with SRF forced on. Everything about GT6 really disappoints me and makes me wonder wth PD was doing in those 3 years, and two, we paid FULL price for a beta... I feel outraged, which is why I was so negative towards PD lately and can't seem to let it go no matter how hard I try, because they killed that spirit GT once had before GT5, THE GAME. It's hurting me.

After playing other racing games such as GAS, and mostly sticking on to my Xbox 360, I can't look back to GT6. It's dead to me. All I ever wanted was the Course Maker, but I can't wait any longer. I think I'm going to delete GT6 from my HDD again.
Completely agree with you Amigo. I just been playing other titles as well, don't even look back at GT6 anymore, it's funny how I was putting my games away back in there cases & along the line I picked up GT6 case looked inside & the disk wasn't there, I just closed it & didn't care too look where it was, now that's a big rule breaker for me, how the times have changed.

This is ridicolous

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1,007.1 KB · Views: 16
I'm cool with it, believe it or not.

Gran Turismo's been a part of my life since I was 7, when I first got a PS2. I mean yeah, that only means I've got nostalgia in my way from pointing out a lot of GT6's problems. Quite a few of them are pretty easy fixes, some are surely gonna take some time and us having to bite down and bear it for a little while. Aside from the course creator, I've gotten everything I paid for, heck there were some great surprises like the TS030! And one other thing that's starting to annoy me is everyone raving about the sounds. Yes, it's bad. But no, it's not the antichrist of noise like some of y'all make it out to be. The 4-AGE in my AE86 sounds spot on, same with the Lexus LFA and the Lamborghini Gallardo. The cars that actually sound real sound pretty satisfying if you ask me, it's just a work in progress for now.

One thing I'll never get though is why people think they can compare GT to Forza. Forza just exaggerates everything. You turn in and hold the throttle in an AE86 in forza, it starts drifting like a D1 car. In real life and GT, you gotta work to get it sliding, and you only have to work that much harder to keep it going with such little power. Maybe I just don't play enough racing games, but you know what, that's fine. GT is all the racing game I'll ever need. Not even racing, just driving a car I'll never buy in real life, or impossible builds for my AE86 and have fun throwing it at the Nurburgring.

Okay, one more thing. Who cares about the duplicates? They're not hurting anybody there, if anything it just makes the Miata and Skyline owners go "Holy crap, that's the exact car I drive!" And they get a case of the happys. Plus it gives me choice, for example I would never drive an Acura, but the Honda version is something I can see myself getting into.

Oh well, there's some of my view, keep on rocking, PD!

I slowed down a lot, but I was very happy with it. My biggest complaint, is not enough of my type of cars. I need a 57 Bel Air, 65 Impala with the 454, I need my Chevelle to be premium, a 58 vette, and the Mopars to be premium.

But, this game doesn't cater to only me, so I took what it gave me and had a blast.

Say what u may, it's irrelevant to me & a lot of us, GT can do what it wants as long as it's focus is kept on the game first NOT! Other interest that takes away from it, focus on what got you there, us the fans our needs first were the ones who put GT there.

As for tiny mistake u say, get real 15 years in the making & GT6 is what they have to show for it so far, gt4 blows this game away, talk about a half broken made game that's what GT6 is, no prologue they said, then what is GT6 not being out a year & there already talking about a GT7? Riiiight.......prologue to GT7 is what it is.

Wrong u say I am LOL sorry Ling Dingle I been here since GT one, seen & heard to many misleading & broken promises, glad your happy happy with it, heard kaz or some one crashed a GT-R in some race, why don't you go & buy some credits online with there new micro transaction & help them pay the bill since u care so MUCH about things outside of the actual GAME community.

If my comments are irelevant to this conversation, then why have people been liking them and why haven't they been deleted by a moderator? Exactly, my comments are relevant and the focus of PD is still on GT. And the fans might put a game out there but it is actually the company that does the hard yards, they promote the game with new partnerships and by the announcement of special DLC and, lets not forget this, but every single car on the 2014 Nurburgring 24 Hours had a GT banner across the top of its windscreen. Now if that's not advertising, I don't know what is.

As for your 2nd paragraph in your little argument, that is pretty useless, you have basically used your old reasoning, which was false to begin with, to respond to an argument that is far better thought out than both of your arguments and the worse thing about that is, I was right. I could find you a list of veteran companies that have made a mistake, I would do that but I don't want to prove you wrong... AGAIN! Oh and GT7 Prologue, well Kaz said himself that it's not happening.

Now to disect your 3rd and final paragraph. Calling me 'Ling Dingle' is ever-so childish. Now I now for a fact that this pathetic 'broken promises' business started in GT5, not GT1, so you're wrong again! Kaz crashing at the N24 has nothing to do with GT as a whole so why bring it up, you must be struggling for a legitimate argument. Now, micro-transactions, I've never used them and never will, and I'm sure that any money that is earnt through micro-transactions won't be going to Nissan to pay for some damage. Again, not a legitimate excuse.

I can't think of any other game that comes even close with whom I have spent more time. So yeah pretty happy with GT6

I love how Forza 5 is thrown into the flame wars, as if GT5/6 could even dream to compete with that game, they forget that GT5.5 must first win over Forza 3/4 so they can move to the next level.

I mean, GT5/6 have yet to beat GT4 as a game, how pathetic is that?

Forza 5 and next level. :lol: It is Forza4 HD with less content. GT6 has done on PS3 what Forza5 couldn't do on a new console technically as well as content and features wise. Gameplay is always top notch in GT as well.

No, I'm not happy (anymore). Never since the release of GT5 did I play less than currently. The reason is mostly a lack of interesting racing online. There just aren't enough (good) people online. I remember back in GT5 when you could find Nurb-rooms with 12-16 people finishing within a few seconds and good times too, close racing all the way. I never saw that in GT6.

Of course that's not only a fault of the game, it's the community or the lack of a community too. But the game doesn't encourage online racing at all, there are no community features and PD should also find solutions for the typical problems people have with online racing (and I'm not even talking about technical stuff like networking). All these time trials, video features etc. are so 2004(?). Online player vs. player is were the endless fun is (or could be). But online is just the same as in GT5 (minus shuffle) and people apparently got bored from more of the same. It's 2014, PD needs an "online racing first" approach.

Yes and no.

I pre-ordered it and got it on release day, and it was $60 well spent. As a game, I love it. It provides plenty of challenge for me (Goodwood is my kryptonite) while being accessible and fun. Racing feels great in the game, and I only wish I had a wheel to take more advantage of it. Many of the gripes the community has, especially the car selection, aren't a problem for me. Personally, I love collecting all of the different versions of the Skylines and Miatas and all that, and have always been glad that they've been in the game.

However, I don't play it much. I don't find myself eager to jump back in and continue progressing (I haven't done online stuff at all yet - I'm not much of an online player). Other games like GTA V and Sleeping Dogs occupy almost all of my PS3 time, and I find myself only booting up GT6 when I need to update, and then losing interest. Basically, although for me it's a great game and I do love it, it lost GT4's magic that made me desperate to play it. It just feels...shallow. Whereas I've put in probably about twelve hours or so into GT6 and already feel like I've had the complete experience, GT4 had a magic that made me coming back for more even after my mostly complete save got wiped twice. It just didn't get old. The menus, the soundtrack, the events, the cars, and just everything about it made it so addicting and immersive, and it felt like a complete game with a ridiculous amount of depth. By comparison, I boot up GT6's simple menu and it feels empty, and I get discouraged from playing. I go into an event and have a great time racing as I always have in GT, but there's something missing.

GT will always be my racing series of choice, but for me the pinnacle of that sentiment lies in GT4 (and I've been playing since I got GT1 on my 6th birthday). In fact, I'm probably going to start a new save on it the next chance I get.

This is ridicolous

You are right it is ridiculous and there are loads of duplicates especially within the so called standard cars. But then with premiums they have done dodgy things to increase the number as well (stealth models, base models, etc).

If you want to laugh have a look at the Opel dealership and then have a look at the Vauxhall dealership.

You are right it is ridiculous and there are loads of duplicates especially within the so called standard cars. But then with premiums they have done dodgy things to increase the number as well (stealth models, base models, etc).

If you want to laugh have a look at the Opel dealership and then have a look at the Vauxhall dealership.
Some people may prefer the Vauxhall rather than the Opel and you get to have a choice which one you like. I have got all of the Opel cars and the Vauxhall cars in my garage and as well as the Honda NSX Concept '13 and the Acura NSX Concept '13 and what is wrong with that having these cars and they are not hurting anything even in the dealership and that goes with the stealth models and base models as well and it is good for the game and as I said having these cars is not hurting anything.

Back