Are you pro street car or pro race car?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mazziko
  • 49 comments
  • 3,192 views
Im a streetcar/tuner enthusiast, not supercar. And as i wrote on the post above, its all about the context. if a rich kid just want to flash his supercar because it has a brand name like lamborghini or ferrari just for the sake of "flashing", i dont really give him any respect, because i feel sick of those kind of people. The majority of people that buy a car out of the box and just driving it to get women and brag, those people arent real car enthusiast according to me, because they owning the car for wrong purposes. And that is what ferrari and lamborghini knows, thats why they can take 300 000 dollar for a car, that majority of streetcars with 35 000 dollar worth of tuning will beat.

People buy these cars because they are superior straight from the showroom. Not only are they fast and handle well but they are considered art to some people. Yea, they are a status symbol, so? Let them get on with it!

Don't write me off as a rich kid... I'm a VW guy through and through. I just appreciate any cool car, whoever is driving and whatever the badge is.
 
Both I suppose.
I Love my Street Cars...
and I Love My Race Cars!
and I can drive them both...
 
People buy these cars because they are superior straight from the showroom. Not only are they fast and handle well but they are considered art to some people. Yea, they are a status symbol, so? Let them get on with it!

Don't write me off as a rich kid... I'm a VW guy through and through. I just appreciate any cool car, whoever is driving and whatever the badge is.
Well, i have nothing against supercars, but in the context they are brought in to, that is what i dont like. The supercars are superior stock, yes, but as you know i sont like stock things, i like modified stuff straight up.

Look at the youtube video i posted in some posts above at the meatball who tried to mess with a supra, guess what happened? 👍

Dangerous enough, im serious but the part of "showing" less respect to this kind of people.
 
I prefer road cars, i'll always try and use an "underdog" road car than a race car in a room where anything goes.

Whats peoples issues with racing softs??

You build a car to be the best it can be, to be competitive and lap as fast and hard as it can. You fit the best suspension to it and set the handling up to it's optimum, then some body restricts you to middle range sports tyres. Why???

You don't get restricted to just sports suspension, or sports filters and sports exhausts.
 
I don't understand the fascination of people being against racing softs.

Plenty of people run slicks on track days on their road cars.
 
Well, i have nothing against supercars, but in the context they are brought in to, that is what i dont like. The supercars are superior stock, yes, but as you know i sont like stock things, i like modified stuff straight up.

Look at the youtube video i posted in some posts above at the meatball who tried to mess with a supra, guess what happened? 👍

Dangerous enough, im serious but the part of "showing" less respect to this kind of people.

Seriously... I'm all for a tuned up, cheap(ish) street car, but I'd like to note two things:
First, a Lambo or Ferrari or whatever will get you chicks. No matter how many HP you can squeeze out of a 2JZGTE (and no matter how delicious it sounds), it's never gonna compare to ariving in a Murcielago. Even if a car like the Supra is all business, it'll never have that 'I made it!' flair a super car will have.

Second, a 2JZ producing 1000+WHP won't last you as long as a Lambo's 670HP V12 :lol:

Personally, I'd rather go with a reworked C10 or C110 Skyline than either as far as daily drivers go, but disregarding supercars because someone 'flashes' them is the same as disregarding all JDM cars cause John Doe put a huge wing on his stock Civic.

I don't understand the fascination of people being against racing softs.

Plenty of people run slicks on track days on their road cars.
It's not because they're slicks, but because the soft racing tyres seem to be made out of glue, not out of rubber :lol:
That's my opiion, at least.
 
for the most part, i'm pro 'both'.
as long as it's got a steering wheel and an accelerator pedal - drive it, and isn't that what we're all playing gt5 to do?
👍

i would have to give an edge to 'street' cars, though i would rather use the description of 'production' cars instead.

from a budget hatchback to a luxury sedan to a convertible coupe to a monster supercar, these are the machines that inhabit the roads all over the globe. stock or pumped up, i totally enjoy hopping in just about any of these and blazing through whatever paved path i can find!

for me, a 'race' car exists to inhabit a class of tracks it's designed to compete on, and i guess that's not as much to my taste. besides, i just don't think i'm a good enough driver to command control of a 'race' car.
(i will say, though, that 'race' cars that are derived from 'production' cars are more appealing to me, whether it's rally cars or lm race cars or the seventeen possible rm cars out there, because the association to the 'production' car.)
 
Seriously... I'm all for a tuned up, cheap(ish) street car, but I'd like to note two things:
First, a Lambo or Ferrari or whatever will get you chicks. No matter how many HP you can squeeze out of a 2JZGTE (and no matter how delicious it sounds), it's never gonna compare to ariving in a Murcielago. Even if a car like the Supra is all business, it'll never have that 'I made it!' flair a super car will have.

Second, a 2JZ producing 1000+WHP won't last you as long as a Lambo's 670HP V12 :lol:

Personally, I'd rather go with a reworked C10 or C110 Skyline than either as far as daily drivers go, but disregarding supercars because someone 'flashes' them is the same as disregarding all JDM cars cause John Doe put a huge wing on his stock Civic.


It's not because they're slicks, but because the soft racing tyres seem to be made out of glue, not out of rubber :lol:
That's my opiion, at least.

First of all, buying any car out of the box doesnt imporess me at all. Buying a car and then mod it with your hard work, that impress me. A 1000 hp supra maybe wont las very much, but then again, who drives a 1000 hp supra as a daily driver? A 800-1000 hp supra is an work of art if you do all the modding yourself, paying 300 000 for a lambo and dont even know it its a gallardo or murcielago, that is stupidity. What can you posibly be proud of with a stock lambo? There are more lambos and ferraris out there than properly modded supras or gt-r35, I can tell you that man. Supras and gt-r arent cheap at all, and no low income guy can afford these things anyway. But im just saying that if i had the money, i wouldnt buy a car just to flash, especially if its bone stock. Everybody earning enought money can buy a lambo of ferrari used. But not everybody can properly mod a streetcar. And im not talking about these shopbuild supras and gt-r, i mean those that actually have put on all the aftermarket parts themselves. Its like buying a "bad ass" computer from HP or Packard Bell for 1400 dollars, for those amount of money you can custom build an even greater computer if you buy the parts separante and mount them at home. You understand my concept?
 
^ are you old enough to even drive?

I've been around people with 'tuned' cars most of my teenage and adult life, and I don't know any of them who wouldn't buy a Ferrari/Lambo/Corvette etc if they could.

Without speaking to these supercar owners, how do you know they know nothing about their cars? The worst people I've encountered are Skyline/Evo owners who think they are awesome cos they have something Japanese. Pity my £900 Golf sat on the arse of the R33 Skyline to 130mph on Wednesday night!
 
Im a streetcar/tuner enthusiast, not supercar. And as i wrote on the post above, its all about the context. if a rich kid just want to flash his supercar because it has a brand name like lamborghini or ferrari just for the sake of "flashing", i dont really give him any respect, because i feel sick of those kind of people. The majority of people that buy a car out of the box and just driving it to get women and brag, those people arent real car enthusiast according to me, because they owning the car for wrong purposes. And that is what ferrari and lamborghini knows, thats why they can take 300 000 dollar for a car, that majority of streetcars with 35 000 dollar worth of tuning will beat.

It is just a minority of those supercar owners that are real enthusiasts. I mean if you cant do a simple oil change or change exhaust without paying 1000 dollar to a auto shop, you dont "need" the supercar. it isnt about money, but the character of person. Its like im buying a rolex watch just to brag, even though i cant read time. This personality is the same in gt5 aswell, kids try to flash with theri virtual supercars, even though they havent tune them or done anything to make them "unique". They dont even know how to drive without driving aids. Thats what buggs me.

You se rappers in the US driving lambos, and they havent even got driving license, and you see thet ironic kid Justin Bieber driving a lambo gallardo, he cant even ride a bmx bike man.

👎

You sound like more of an elitist than any exotic owner I've ever met.

..On topic, I like DTM/SuperGT stuff and road cars going up to about the R8/SLS realm of speed. I usually drive them stock or with some handling upgrades.
 
First of all, buying any car out of the box doesnt imporess me at all. Buying a car and then mod it with your hard work, that impress me. A 1000 hp supra maybe wont las very much, but then again, who drives a 1000 hp supra as a daily driver? A 800-1000 hp supra is an work of art if you do all the modding yourself,
Or you just send it to a tuning garage and have that stuff done for you. Doesn't impress me either.

paying 300 000 for a lambo and dont even know it its a gallardo or murcielago, that is stupidity. What can you posibly be proud of with a stock lambo?
Why wouldn't I know whether it's a Gallardo or a Murcielago?
Oh, and I'll probably be proud of, you know, earning craploads of cash, kkthxbai.

There are more lambos and ferraris out there than properly modded supras or gt-r35, I can tell you that man. Supras and gt-r arent cheap at all, and no low income guy can afford these things anyway.
I know that, you know that, and I guess a lot of other people do so as well. A Murcielago is still in a completely different league, as far as status symbols go.

But im just saying that if i had the money, i wouldnt buy a car just to flash, especially if its bone stock. Everybody earning enought money can buy a lambo of ferrari used.
You make it sound like there are loads of people who earn that much :lol:

But not everybody can properly mod a streetcar. And im not talking about these shopbuild supras and gt-r, i mean those that actually have put on all the aftermarket parts themselves. Its like buying a "bad ass" computer from HP or Packard Bell for 1400 dollars, for those amount of money you can custom build an even greater computer if you buy the parts separante and mount them at home. You understand my concept?
I understand that concept perfectly well and that's what I'd personally do as well. Doesn't change a thing about exotic super cars being:
A) More of a status symbol.
B) Easily offer reliability (unless it's a 458), performance and comfort at the same time.
 
Pro both (except the open wheel race cars FGT and F1)
 
Street cars. As far as I'm concerned, they could take the race cars outta the game without complaint from me.
 
First of all, buying any car out of the box doesnt imporess me at all. Buying a car and then mod it with your hard work, that impress me. A 1000 hp supra maybe wont las very much, but then again, who drives a 1000 hp supra as a daily driver? A 800-1000 hp supra is an work of art if you do all the modding yourself, paying 300 000 for a lambo and dont even know it its a gallardo or murcielago, that is stupidity. What can you posibly be proud of with a stock lambo? There are more lambos and ferraris out there than properly modded supras or gt-r35, I can tell you that man. Supras and gt-r arent cheap at all, and no low income guy can afford these things anyway. But im just saying that if i had the money, i wouldnt buy a car just to flash, especially if its bone stock. Everybody earning enought money can buy a lambo of ferrari used. But not everybody can properly mod a streetcar. And im not talking about these shopbuild supras and gt-r, i mean those that actually have put on all the aftermarket parts themselves. Its like buying a "bad ass" computer from HP or Packard Bell for 1400 dollars, for those amount of money you can custom build an even greater computer if you buy the parts separante and mount them at home. You understand my concept?


At the end of the day, an 800 hp Toyota Supra is STILL just a Toyota Supra. Don't matter how big the rattlecan exhaust is, ain't nothing gonna change that.
 
I'm pro whatever I feel like driving at the moment.
 
I like both.
 
Im a streetcar/tuner enthusiast, not supercar. And as i wrote on the post above, its all about the context. if a rich kid just want to flash his supercar because it has a brand name like lamborghini or ferrari just for the sake of "flashing", i dont really give him any respect, because i feel sick of those kind of people. The majority of people that buy a car out of the box and just driving it to get women and brag, those people arent real car enthusiast according to me, because they owning the car for wrong purposes. And that is what ferrari and lamborghini knows, thats why they can take 300 000 dollar for a car, that majority of streetcars with 35 000 dollar worth of tuning will beat.

It is just a minority of those supercar owners that are real enthusiasts. I mean if you cant do a simple oil change or change exhaust without paying 1000 dollar to a auto shop, you dont "need" the supercar. it isnt about money, but the character of person. Its like im buying a rolex watch just to brag, even though i cant read time. This personality is the same in gt5 aswell, kids try to flash with theri virtual supercars, even though they havent tune them or done anything to make them "unique". They dont even know how to drive without driving aids. Thats what buggs me.

You se rappers in the US driving lambos, and they havent even got driving license, and you see thet ironic kid Justin Bieber driving a lambo gallardo, he cant even ride a bmx bike man.

👎

People like you are so blind to the fact that its still a lambo and is much more reliable and better looking then your 600hp+ 2jz or w/e else you have in there. I love street/tuner cars but you cannot just blow off supercars like that.

How about we face your "street" car against, lets say for argument sake, the UGR TT 458 italia? Tuned supercar, and still a street car as it is street legal and driven on the streets.

I like both types of cars equally. Especially F1 cars and JGTC cars.
 
yup, ill race anything with anything. the only thing i dont like is people making up for bad driving with racing tires.
 
I m pro both, but recently I have become more pro street car. For me, the Race cars all end up feeling too much a like and too "perfect", where as every single street car has a unqiue build and flavour. My favorites are the super car races online, where I bring my 458 against 430s, Gallardos, Mclarens etc.
 
I enjoy both, but if I had to make a choice, I think I'd go with road cars. 👍
 
Back