ARL goes ACC

Curious if anyone has canceled their pre-order yet? Was excited but just read the multiplayer doesn’t support private lobbies which i assume means we can’t create lobbies for ARL events. There also seems to be some concern of which wheels are being supported. I’m having doubts.....

Curious if anyone has canceled their pre-order yet? Was excited but just read the multiplayer doesn’t support private lobbies which i assume means we can’t create lobbies for ARL events. There also seems to be some concern of which wheels are being supported. I’m having doubts.....
That and 30fps. Yikes :scared:

Full FAQ here

Don’t understand why everyone is freaking out at 30fps it is fine. Most games run natively like that anyway for better performance. This isn’t call of duty and speculating about private lobbies has to be seen. I will not be cancelling my preorder as the game is also reasonably priced AND will work on PS5 with improvements.

Don’t understand why everyone is freaking out at 30fps it is fine. Most games run natively like that anyway for better performance. This isn’t call of duty and speculating about private lobbies has to be seen. I will not be cancelling my preorder as the game is also reasonably priced AND will work on PS5 with improvements.
Exactly.

I’m fine with the 30fps but the lack of multiplayer clarity has me concerned. The statement on their console FAQ “At the time of writing, there are no private lobbies in Assetto Corsa Competizione.” is worrisome.

I still plan on buying digitally day one

Last edited:
0A1DD451-0382-4452-BF7D-B2CD177CFFF0.jpeg

Well....I'm sorry I doubted this. I'm liking this game so far (played for about 3.5 hours). It cannot compete graphically with GTS, but we knew that coming in. This is mainly noticable in replays and in the rain. The driving experience is such a pleasure. Feel, sound, driving options all really great. The 30fps I was crying about...I don't even see it. I'll be playing this a lot as I eagerly await private lobbies.

Definitely pick it up if you can!

30fps might be, but is this ?

Its far from the only report of stuttering either.

Also, source on the game having improvements on PS5 ? Last we heard the developer hasn't even looked at next gen.

Leaving for work... hopefully the UPS guy will have delivered my copy by the time I make it home!!

30fps might be, but is this ?

Its far from the only report of stuttering either.

Also, source on the game having improvements on PS5 ? Last we heard the developer hasn't even looked at next gen.
Believe what you will but it would be a mistake not to port it over to ps5. I am confident we will see it on ps5. This is just the beginning so just like gt sport was a bit underwhelming at launch this will have its own issues. Regardless this is a game you need to have if you love gt racing. Too many pc fanboys complaining for no reason, just play it on of pc if you don’t like it on console problem solved.

Believe what you will but it would be a mistake not to port it over to ps5. I am confident we will see it on ps5. This is just the beginning so just like gt sport was a bit underwhelming at launch this will have its own issues. Regardless this is a game you need to have if you love gt racing. Too many pc fanboys complaining for no reason, just play it on of pc if you don’t like it on console problem solved.

So I'm a PC "fanboy" for pointing out that the game has issues ? what sort of logic is that ?

Excusing them for making a bad port isn't really helping anyone is it. As I said, 30fps isn't necessarily an issue, but the console version certainly has others, people are already calling it unplayable due to lag, stuttering or crashes when trying to use steering wheels.

My point was don't take a PS5 version of the game for granted, the handling of the console release has been pretty terrible from all angles thus far.

From what I’ve seen with PS4 Pro gameplay it looks fine to me. I haven’t played on PC, but I have played AC on PS4 Pro and if it’s better than the original AC I don’t think there will be an issue at all with 30 FPS. I guess I’ll have to judge that when I booth up this evening.

So I'm a PC "fanboy" for pointing out that the game has issues ? what sort of logic is that ?

Excusing them for making a bad port isn't really helping anyone is it. As I said, 30fps isn't necessarily an issue, but the console version certainly has others, people are already calling it unplayable due to lag, stuttering or crashes when trying to use steering wheels.

My point was don't take a PS5 version of the game for granted, the handling of the console release has been pretty terrible from all angles thus far.

I'll take it for what it is. A relatively inexpensive premium sim racer. But, you know, haters gonna hate.

Not calling you specifically a fanboy but it seems most of the negative reactions to a PS4 and Xbox port have been from PC users who have access to higher end hardware. The fact that the game can run on a system at the end of its lifespan is impressive. Will it have issues yes, is it unplayable perhaps for some but the majority will not have issues and system updates may improve the game later on. They are a small developer and I’m just glad I get to play it on a system which to most is the preferred way to play games.

Quick edit. There isn’t much in term of fov adjustment but the dash view is great and so is the hood view especially at night since the headlights don’t seem to illuminate very well. It runs solid.

I just got home from work and will give it a spin after dinner. Over the weekend i “hijacked” my daughters PC and bought the original AC just to get a sense of what the little Italian studio can do. I was impressed and look forward to ACC on PS4. I don’t have any unrealistic expectations and will probably be more than excited to have ACC as another option on my PS4. I care more about the core gameplay than the visuals tbh. If i hadn’t discovered ARL, i would have never played GTS and just continued to run laps on PC2. IMo, GTS lacks something in the physics vs PC2, for example, but what makes the racing fun is the group of people I’m racing with. I’ve had a blast with the group at ARL and it’s what keeps me coming back. If enough ARL members drive ACC then i will enjoy that is well. Looking forward to the future of ARL racing all around

Can anyone experiment using a controller on it?
Since I dont own a wheel I dont know if it is worth it

Back