ARL Vintages

• Thread starter SydViscus
  • 64 comments
Canada
Ontario
SydViscus
Monday night series, it will be held bi-weekly on Mondays, starting Jan. 11th.

OFFICIAL LOBBY OPENS 9:45 EASTERN TIME

My idea is for a classics series that combines the fun one-make racing of Wednesday's with the strategy and allure of Gr3 Saturdays. It will feature circuits designed for keeping traffic close and racing tight. Also, it is designed to fit in an easy 1 hour to 1 and 1/2 hour time frame, making it easy for people to show up and race without taking too much time. The goal is to give people who have rare classics a chance to run them, because when you've spent millions on a cool classic car its nice to get to race them. My first season is based on Shelby's (and thus has almost all the American circuits), but other makes with a variety of classics could be used in this series. (i.e. Ford, Chevy, Jaguar, Ferrari, Lamborghini, Toyota, Mazda, Nissan)

Shelby's
Daytona Class
Cobra Class
G.T. Class

STANDINGS

upload_2021-4-19_0-57-0.png

TRACKS

Laguna Seca (18:00 Clear, 20 Lap Feature, 11 Lap Sprint)
Big Willow (19:50 Clear, 23 Lap Feature, 12 Lap Sprint)
BMB Speedway (17:00 Clear, 44 Lap Feature, 23 Lap Sprint)
Interlagos (19:15 Fine, 18 Lap Feature, 9 Lap Sprint)
Goodwood (19:45 Clear, 25 Lap Feature, 13 Lap Sprint)
Maggiore East II (21:00 Clear, 21 Lap Feature, 11 Lap Sprint)
Sardegna Rd B II (17:00 Fine, 21 Lap Feature, 11 Lap Sprint)
Tsukuba (18:00 Clear, 32 Lap Feature, 17 Lap Sprint)
Autopolis Shortcut (19:00 Clear, 25 Lap Feature, 13 Lap Sprint)
BMB Infield A II (17:00 Clear, 24 Lap Feature, 13 Lap Sprint)

20 Min for practice and Qually
30 Mins Feature race (any tire start, 1 change mandatory)
15 Mins double points sprint with reverse top 10 (on qually tire)

Two championships will be judged at the same time:

1) Overall championship: Each Class (i.e. Daytona, Cobra..) will be scored on finish as follows:

Pts (in class)

1st- 20, 2nd-17, 3rd-15, 4th-12, 5th-10, 6th-8, 7th-7, 8th-5, 9th-3, 10th-1

Pts scored will be for main championship, which can be done in any car at any time.

2) Class championship will be decided by finishes in class, i.e. most firsts wins, tie breaker goes seconds, thirds, fourths etc.

This way, people can switch back and forth between cars throughout if they have them, and not have impacted overall championship, but to win class you must compete in that car more often, adding incentive to race with a single make.

Tuning setups will be permitted, but each car will remain at 100/100

All Race tire compounds available, only change that's mandatory is two compounds in the feature.

All aids except ABS disabled.

Grid with false start
Slip real, damage heavy, corner cut weak, all aids except ABS off
Feature Tire 5x fuel 5x, sprint Tire 9x, fuel 5x
RSS to RH available

Let me know if you are interested.

If you want some fun racing on the alternate Mondays, try SNAIL's GReddy Series!!

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ts-bi-weekly-open-to-all-for-sign-ups.397578/

Incident Reporting Form

Last edited:
Gauging interest for a new Monday night series, it will be held bi-weekly on Mondays, starting Dec. 28th and running opposite to R4MROD's Miata Madness series.

My idea is for a classics series that combines the fun one-make racing of Wednesday's with the strategy and allure of Gr3 Saturdays. It will feature circuits designed for keeping traffic close and racing tight. Also, it is designed to fit in an easy 1 hour to 1 and 1/2 hour time frame, making it easy for people to show up and race without taking too much time. The goal is to give people who have rare classics a chance to run them, because when you've spent millions on a cool classic car its nice to get to race them. My first season is based on Shelby's (and thus has almost all the American circuits), but other makes with a variety of classics could be used in this series. (i.e. Ford, Chevy, Jaguar, Ferrari, Lamborghini, Toyota, Mazda, Nissan)

Shelby's
Daytona Class
Cobra Class
G.T. Class

TRACKS
Laguna Seca
Big Willow
BMB Speedway
Interlagos
Goodwood
Maggiore East II
Sardegna Rd B II
Tsukuba
Autopolis Shortcut
BMB Infield A II

15-20 Min for practice and Qually
20-30 Mins Feature race (any tire start, 1 change mandatory)
10 Mins double points sprint with reverse top 10 (on qually tire)

Times are up for suggestion, but I like around 25 for feature because of the strategy it brings out.

1) Overall championship: Each Class (i.e. Daytona, Cobra..) will be scored on finish as follows:

Pts (in class)

Pts scored will be for main championship, which can be done in any car at any time.

2) Class championship will be decided by finishes in class, i.e. most firsts wins, tie breaker goes seconds, thirds, fourths etc.

This way, people can switch back and forth between cars throughout if they have them, and not have impacted overall championship, but to win class you must compete in that car more often, adding incentive to race with a single make.

All Race tire compounds available, only change that's mandatory is two compounds in the feature.

Grid with false start
Feature Tire 5x fuel 5x, sprint Tire 9x, fuel 6x
RSS to RH available

Eeeeee sounds expensive. I’m in. Bringing the Shelby.

I tried something similar to this a little while back...

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ague-arl-cobra-cup-challenge-see-poll.390921/

It’s a great idea that sounds fun if it’s done correctly. The Cobra Cup was originally supposed to be Ford vs. Ferrari using the ‘67 Ford Mark IV and ‘67 Ferrari 330. Because those cars are 20M a piece I decided to include all the classics over 1M. The problem you run into with that is they’re all Gr.X cars and you can’t set BoP with Gr.X. You would have to manually test and tune each car to find a BoP that makes all the cars competitive and then check to make sure people are actually making the settings. This is how I ended up just making the series a one-make with the Shelby Cobra. The series never really got off the ground for me because of so many schedule conflicts at the time. It was pre-COVID and ARL was hosting events every single night plus a lot of drivers were running SNAIL as well. I was also making the transition over to iracing. We did a few tests and some mock races but nothing official unfortunately. I ultimately gave up on it and @TexasJDC put it in the attic for me. You’re welcome to use whatever ideas you’d like from Cobra Cup and I might just show up for one of these races. I’ve been getting the GTSport itch lately.

I tried something similar to this a little while back...

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ague-arl-cobra-cup-challenge-see-poll.390921/

It’s a great idea that sounds fun if it’s done correctly. The Cobra Cup was originally supposed to be Ford vs. Ferrari using the ‘67 Ford Mark IV and ‘67 Ferrari 330. Because those cars are 20M a piece I decided to include all the classics over 1M. The problem you run into with that is they’re all Gr.X cars and you can’t set BoP with Gr.X. You would have to manually test and tune each car to find a BoP that makes all the cars competitive and then check to make sure people are actually making the settings. This is how I ended up just making the series a one-make with the Shelby Cobra. The series never really got off the ground for me because of so many schedule conflicts at the time. It was pre-COVID and ARL was hosting events every single night plus a lot of drivers were running SNAIL as well. I was also making the transition over to iracing. We did a few tests and some mock races but nothing official unfortunately. I ultimately gave up on it and @TexasJDC put it in the attic for me. You’re welcome to use whatever ideas you’d like from Cobra Cup and I might just show up for one of these races. I’ve been getting the GTSport itch lately.

Awesome thanks man!! Really appreciate the input and support, and it'd be awesome to have you whenever you get the chance to drop in! :cheers: The idea for me is that no one HAS to run the massively expensive vehicles, they are free to run Cobra or GT so it makes it more affordable. The classes wont be balanced with each other, all just set to 100/100 with tuning as an option, so for the most part it'll be a one make racing in each class but with faster classes (similar to the GT300/GT500 classes in Wangan's SuperGT series) racing as well. The slightly shorter tracks means Daytona and even Cobra users may have to fight through lapped traffic at some point.

I'll definitely go through that thread and cherry-pick anything that could improve this series, and feel free to ask the hard questions or give pointers, im always open to suggestions and support! :cheers:

Gauging interest for a new Monday night series, it will be held bi-weekly on Mondays, starting Dec. 28th and running opposite to R4MROD's Miata Madness series.

Shelby's
Daytona Class
Cobra Class
G.T. Class

TRACKS
Laguna Seca
Big Willow
BMB Speedway
Interlagos
Goodwood
Maggiore East II
Sardegna Rd B II
Tsukuba
Autopolis Shortcut
BMB Infield A II

15-20 Min for practice and Qually
20-30 Mins Feature race (any tire start, 1 change mandatory)
10 Mins double points sprint with reverse top 10 (on qually tire)

Times are up for suggestion, but I like around 25 for feature because of the strategy it brings out.

Pts (in class)

Grid with false start
Feature Tire 5x fuel 5x, sprint Tire 9x, fuel 6x
RSS to RH available

Interested!!!! My kinda cars.

Perfect, this is around 7 confirmed so it will likely go ahead. If you havent yet please respond to the poll for your preferred length of races, and I'll likely throw up a practice lobby on saturday and sunday.

Remember you ARE allowed to switch car classes without impacting your points, any car for any race, you'll be scored for overall points against those in the same car.

I'm on the fence about Monday start because of Nova's DTM event, Ill keep you all posted :cheers::cheers:

Thanks for helping get this off the ground lads, appreciate the interest :cheers::cheers: Also Merry Christmas :cheers:

Last edited:
I dont understand the time table datalog on your poll.

I do not want to do 15 20:10min races.

Looking like longer sessions are in the lead so far in polling.

First race will be scheduled for Monday, January 11th due to the SNAIL event at Spa tomorrow.

Trying to be there. What cars will we use? Same as last time?
I'm pretty sure you can pick any of the 3 Shelby cars, the points battle will be against anyone that picks the same car but I think the most popular car is the Cobra.

Latest Posts

Back