Arosa's car thread: CX-5 with Mugen TT wheels? Yes, you can!

• Thread starter NLxAROSA
  • 63 comments

NLxAROSA

Dual wielding Uzis FTW!
Premium
Netherlands
The Black Lodge
Picked up my brand new Megane RS Coupe today! :D Standard it's already pretty loaded, with 250HP coming from a 2.0 litre turbo, 18" light alloy wheels and very comfy sports seats by Renault, but I ordered it with the following options:

- Cup chassis (lowered 10mm, upgraded springs/dampers/anti-roll bars, grooved Brembo brakes and a LSD)
- Recaro cup seats
- 3D Audio by Arkamys (Bluetooth, iPod, etc.)
- Renault Sport Monitor (acceleration, G-forces, turbo pressure and lots, lots more)
- Panoramic roof
- Matte Black 18" wheels
- Essential Pack (dual zone airconditioning and some other things)
- Lighting Pack (Bi-Xenon headlights, daylights, dimmable mirror
- Alarm
- Wheel locks

More info (links to more recent posts in this thread):

Renault Sport Monitor G-Force meter

Pictures

5537295128_e73542370e_z.jpg

5537400620_1dd75a63e1_z.jpg

5536696897_d927062a20_z.jpg

5537262696_32264ca7b4_z.jpg

5537247522_bbce511f7a_z.jpg

5537291356_ac3deabe20_z.jpg

5536713643_1f80ae4f75_z.jpg

5536712841_6de58cd838_z.jpg

5537761086_80bf6c0650_z.jpg

Direct link to post of Mazda CX-5.

Last edited:
Whats the cost of living over there? How are American ex-pats treated?

These questions are directly related to my emotions surrounding your new car.

Expats are treated very nice over here. :D As for the cost of living: I think importing one to your area will be cheaper. :lol:

In black it looks very nice,i have a yellow one with 18'' for 8 months now,had some niggles you might discover during the ownership but its an amazing car at overall. I have mine with Leather Recaros and fully loaded as yours,got it for 23K.
How much you paid for it over there?

The only car i could change the 250 is the R26.r, which is more nimble around corners and more fun.

Great purchase,i hope you enjoy it at max.

Definitely enjoying it, awesome car!

Over here the base RS, including VAT/BTW costs 33k euro. With the options I added, it comes to over 41k euro.

Very nice car indeed Lars, well done 👍 Is this a company car or private?
Also, will you keep us posted on the number of speeding tickets you'll be receiving over the coming weeks and months? :D

Wish they were in the us with this sort of product, very nice, congrats on the purchase of one fine tuned auto.

:drool:

That car really is awesome, Cup chassis make a huge difference apparently, especially the LSD. My Dad had a 182 which was a lot of fun, I would love to have a go in a 250 Megane though. One day perhaps.

Thanks for all the nice responses guys. Took the car for a few nice drives today, and it just keeps on getting more and more fun. :D

Very nice car indeed Lars, well done 👍 Is this a company car or private?
It's registered to my company.

Sweeeeet! Congrats!
Wheels look like a satin finish though, not matte.
They are called 'matte black' by Renault themselves, but as you already noticed, they're not really matte. Still great lookers. 👍

There is no doubt that the Megane Coupe looks gorgeous, especially for a French car. But the big question is...

WHY NO YELLOW PAINT??? :eek:

Heh, just kidding. It actually looks rather sinister in black, I have to say. Just it really stands out the most to me in yellow. ;)👍

WHY NO YELLOW PAINT??? :eek:
If Renault offered yellow in metallic, that would have been my choice. But they don't, so IMO it looks best in black. Metallic blue looks sweet too BTW. 👍

Ah, so it finally arrived. Saw one a few days ago, pretty awesome sound - congratulations, dear sir. :P

Is that a baby X6 or a CR-Z on steroids? :dopey:

Absolutely luverly. Beautiful car. Should go very well, too.

Ah, so it finally arrived. Saw one a few days ago, pretty awesome sound - congratulations, dear sir. :P

I can tell you sir, it was worth the wait. :D

Is that a baby X6 or a CR-Z on steroids? :dopey:

Absolutely luverly. Beautiful car. Should go very well, too.
It does look rather brutal and muscular, doesn't it? :D And goes very, very well indeed. 👍

Definitely enjoying it, awesome car!

Over here the base RS, including VAT/BTW costs 33k euro. With the options I added, it comes to over 41k euro.

$58,000!? :scared: Damn that's $25k more than what I payed for my mustang.

But seriously that's a beautiful car man I don't know much about them. I think when I was in Belgium I raced a Megane around the track a bit, fun little car. 👍 Enjoy it!

$58,000!? :scared: Damn that's $25k more than what I payed for my mustang.
Taxes over here are horrible, if I would import your Mustang to The Netherlands, it will cost 60-65k EURO with all the taxes included. 👎

Taxes over here are horrible, if I would import your Mustang to The Netherlands, it will cost 60-65k EURO with all the taxes included. 👎

Ah... Well regardless have fun with that car. It already looks great and i'm sure performs well but, any plans in the future for it?

The suspension already got the Renault Sport treatment (and a mechanical LSD, not one of those electronic pretend-to-be thingies, that are basically just advanced ESP), so handling is already excellent. 👍 I might consider chip tuning and a different exhaust, but as far as I can tell from the short time I have it, the car is really well balanced already. Not sure I want to mess with it. Eventually, I probably will though. ;) :lol:

Weather was really great today, so I gave the car a good spin this morning. :)

I was also able to fiddle with the Renault Sport Monitor gadget. Besides monitoring the car (e.g. boost pressure, amount of torque, amount of throttle, brake pressure, amount of power, oil temperature, inlet air temperature, etc., etc.), it also features two acceleration meters. One for measuring 0-100 km/h (0-62 mph) time and one for the quarter mile (400 metres) time. To trigger the system you must stop the car. Then it activates automatically if the car starts moving forward again. Very nice feature, though only the 0-100 can be used on the road legally (sort of that is, at leat you get to keep your license if caught :lol:). The 400 metres definitely NOT, because that will most definitely require speeds that are way above legal limits.
Furthermore, it has a laptime indicator, which holds times for five laps or so. Haven't tried this feature yet. Also, it has a G force meter (which doesn't just show the current force and its angle, but also records it, so you can keep your eye on the road/track). And last, but certainly not least, it allows you to modify the sensitivity of the throttle. Not just a single value, but a whole curve. It comes with a few presets, but you can modify those to your liking.

All in all: very nice gadget. 👍

The suspension already got the Renault Sport treatment (and a mechanical LSD, not one of those electronic pretend-to-be thingies, that are basically just advanced ESP), so handling is already excellent. 👍 I might consider chip tuning and a different exhaust, but as far as I can tell from the short time I have it, the car is really well balanced already. Not sure I want to mess with it. Eventually, I probably will though. ;) :lol:

I was also able to fiddle with the Renault Sport Monitor gadget. Besides monitoring the car (e.g. boost pressure, amount of torque, amount of throttle, brake pressure, amount of power, oil temperature, inlet air temperature, etc., etc.), it also features two acceleration meters. One for measuring 0-100 km/h (0-62 mph) time and one for the quarter mile (400 metres) time. To trigger the system you must stop the car. Then it activates automatically if the car starts moving forward again. Very nice feature, though only the 0-100 can be used on the road legally (sort of that is, at leat you get to keep your license if caught :lol:). The 400 metres definitely NOT, because that will most definitely require speeds that are way above legal limits.
Furthermore, it has a laptime indicator, which holds times for five laps or so. Haven't tried this feature yet. Also, it has a G force meter (which doesn't just show the current force and its angle, but also records it, so you can keep your eye on the road/track). And last, but certainly not least, it allows you to modify the sensitivity of the throttle. Not just a single value, but a whole curve. It comes with a few presets, but you can modify those to your liking.

Wow, that's impressive. 👍

mean!!!! I wish Renault would bring this generation Megane (and Clio) over to Mexico, the previous gen-models still sell very very well here and are still going strong. But the new design of these cars is amazing, and yours looks smashingly sinister in all-black.

though, it's amazingly expensive!

Over here, it's actually one of the cheaper hot-hatches. :lol: Don't ask what a new VW Scirocco R (with similar option level) will cost over here, it will make you cry (or at least surprised). ;)

Saw one in black cruising by a couple of days ago and remembered you just purchased one of these... very nice ride Lars! 👍 I like it :D

Sounds a lot like the system HSV uses in their range, sure would be a cool feature. Your taxes sound a lot like ours, but probably not as bad.

Saw one in black cruising by a couple of days ago and remembered you just purchased one of these... very nice ride Lars! 👍 I like it :D

It may have been him...... OMGoodness!!:eek:

Back