ARRGH! Corvette Grand Sport slips away from me!!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Anderton Prime
  • 50 comments
  • 4,102 views
Messages
2,760
Darn it! I saw it in the Used Car II Showroom for something like $26,000, but I only had about 8,000. So I went to race and when I came back, it was GONE GONE GONE! What the HELL? It was one of my favourite cars from GT3 and I was so excited that it was in GT4, but will I ever get the chance to buy it again? :banghead::banghead:
 
the used cars are on a cycle.. ittl be back :dopey: couldnt tell you when tho
 
MadduckUK
the used cars are on a cycle.. ittl be back :dopey: couldnt tell you when tho

Day 190 :D

EDIT: And Day 197
 
Thank the Lord! Also, I have been checking bag pretty regularly for the Mustang SVT Cobra, but I haven't been able to find that either. Do you perhaps know when it'll be appearing? I would like to know how you're figuring this all out, but if it involves that complicated math equation to figure out what week you're on, etc, forget it. I don't do math.
 
There's a used car cycle somewhere...
 
The SVT Cobra R is a really good car so I hope ya get it somtime.
I got one but I cant remeber what day it was on but I got it with only 6.2 miles on it :D
Its one of my best cars and most used I think.
It sure dont have 6.2 miles on it now lol

I am using it to get up enough cash to buy all 4 black LMP cars.
 
wow, that's quite the undertaking....

DJT
The SVT Cobra R is a really good car so I hope ya get it somtime.
I got one but I cant remeber what day it was on but I got it with only 6.2 miles on it :D
Its one of my best cars and most used I think.
It sure dont have 6.2 miles on it now lol

I am using it to get up enough cash to buy all 4 black LMP cars.
 
lol, i almost had the same problem with the corvette, but I sold one of my cars and that got me 240k, and then i bought the grand sport. 👍

right now I'm watiing for an S15 to show up... :indiff: oh.. and a sw20 turbo
 
Ive got 5,182,013 (US)Cr. so far.
Just 2 or 3 mill. to go :crazy: :)
 
i got the SVT and the taurus SHO . I want the Gtapex shinego version and the Spoon Civic. I took a pass on the Grand Sport when I saw it. Gamefaqs has a used car guide BTW.
 
For the black LMP cars :)
 
MCX
Day 190 :D

EDIT: And Day 197


Nope, not in the US version, it doesn't come around until about the 230-260 day or so, don't remember the exact day. Trust me, I checked every 7 days, the US version is different.
 
Anderton Prime
Thank the Lord! Also, I have been checking bag pretty regularly for the Mustang SVT Cobra, but I haven't been able to find that either. Do you perhaps know when it'll be appearing? I would like to know how you're figuring this all out, but if it involves that complicated math equation to figure out what week you're on, etc, forget it. I don't do math.

There are no accurate guides for the US version right now, I check the inventory every 7 days and compare it to the current guides on the net, none of them are accurate right now for the US version. I have the 2000 Cobra R, I can't remember the exact day but it came around the 190th day or so. I've seen it at least 2 more times since I first bought it. I'm on the 293rd day now.

If you want to find a car, keep checking the inventory every 7 days, and remember to check BOTH used car dealers because their inventory is different.
 
I seen a grand sport in the Used Car Lot somewhere around those days, so who's to say that he's not correct?
 
Ignor this, late reply already answered, left my browser for ages without refershing when I came back :dunce:.
 
cttchris24
What kind of car are the black LMP cars?
It's the Toyota GT-One, Mazda 787B, Nissan R390 and Nissan R89CP all black, unpainted carbonfibre. You get them very, very rarely in the used car lots. Very pricey too, still cheaper than thoes cars new.
 
The Corvette is GREAT ... until you turn the wheel.
 
They arn't all LMP cars, infact only the Toyota GT-One is an LMP car, the Nissan R390 is a GT1 car and the Nissan R89CP is a Group C car, I'm sure I read that the Mazda wasn't a group C car somewhere but I can't remember what the class was called that it raced in. Anyway all thoes terms, LMP, GT1, Group C ect are all racing classes. Out of all thoes only LMP is being used today, LMP stands for LeMans prototype.
 
LoudMusic
The Corvette is GREAT ... until you turn the wheel.


you havent figured out how to make the corvette corner well, I mean technique wise?
 
Acid X
I seen a grand sport in the Used Car Lot somewhere around those days, so who's to say that he's not correct?


Because me and my brother both have the game and neither of us saw the GS for sale during those days. Why is it so hard for you to believe that the US version is different that Japanese version?
 
LoudMusic
The Corvette is GREAT ... until you turn the wheel.



What does that mean? And please, think about your answer before you reply, your last post was total ignorance.
 
Gabkicks
you havent figured out how to make the corvette corner well, I mean technique wise?



It corners just fine with no mods, apparently he doesn't know how to drive.
 
The Corvette Grand sport is not a great handling car compared to other sportscars in GT4, or in real life. The only stock production C4 Corvettes that could handle well were the Z06's, thats not to say it CAN'T hadle, it's just not up there or close to the better cars. In GT4 (and other GT's) you can make the Gran Sport a very competitive car all you need to do is play with the suspension, dampers and ride height and you'll have it cornering fine.

And cttchris24, no problem mate, happy to help.
 
live4speed
The Corvette Grand sport is not a great handling car compared to other sportscars in GT4, or in real life. The only stock production C4 Corvettes that could handle well were the Z06's, thats not to say it CAN'T hadle, it's just not up there or close to the better cars. In GT4 (and other GT's) you can make the Gran Sport a very competitive car all you need to do is play with the suspension, dampers and ride height and you'll have it cornering fine.

And cttchris24, no problem mate, happy to help.



LOL, your post stinks of ignorance, the Grand Sport handles just fine, are we talking real life or in the game just for reference? Secondly, they never made a Z06 C4, the Z06 came along in 2001-2004 which is clearly a C5, I know because I own a 2003 Z06 in real life.
 
The C4 was a typo, I meant C5, as for the Grand sport correct me if I'm wrong since I haven't been in one but they're based on the same car in the Corvette coupe which isn't a fixed top coupe, as a result like the Coupe it suffers from a softer chassis which in turn affects the cars handling. So please enlighten me why my post stinks of ignorance when it's not unknown to the car world that the C5 Corvettes (barring the Z06 which IS a true fixed coupe) don't handle as well as cars like the Mazda MX5 (okay bad example since thats a very very good handling car) but cars like the Griffith or S2000 are better handling cars than the Corvette.
 
Back