Ashlee Simpson pulled a Milli VanilliMusic 

  • Thread starter Thread starter MistaX
  • 45 comments
  • 2,437 views

MistaX

Deus Rex
Premium
Messages
13,643
United States
North Jersey
Messages
MistaX1
If you don't already know, Ashlee Simpson screwed up on SNL. And now her career is shot.

See it for yourself:
Link
 
Yea, I heard on the radio this morning. Superb career move 👍

Her song blows anyway :indiff:
 
Yeah, I was watching that night. She did this stupid dance and walked off the stage.

It was pretty awesome, much better than her previous performance. 👍
 
On the 28th she'll be at the Best Buy 3 blocks away from my house.
I know 5 or so people that work there.
So I'm gonna go and punch her in the face.
 
I dare you, MistaX.

She is not a real singer anyway. She is just getting a free ride from her big sister.
 
You should goto this music shop and ask her [ali'g']whats it like to have that guy Fenderline as your brother-inlaw?[/ali'g']

And then ask her to sign an Avril Lavigne CD to "my dog Jimbob, for all the good times".
 
You should just tape record something to say to her, and try to mime the words, but mime something completely different.

She got owned. That's all I can say.
 
She sorta pulled a Milli Vanilli. Milli Vanilli had someone else sing for them then they played their tape when they performed live. Still must not feel good for here and im sure it doesnt help stage fright any. :scared:
 
CAMAROBOY69
Milli Vanilli had someone else sing for them then they played their tape when they performed live.
Sorry, I have to ask: Are Milli Vanilli that Black Guy Duo thing, that never sang a note of any of their songs?
 
Yup they sure are. One of the guys killed himself. Sorry to post that.
 
Thanks for confirming that. I heard about them a while ago, but I could never remember the full story 'til now.

Still, Ashlee Simpson: about time one of these little "Pop Princess Riding Off my Sister's Success" teenie boppers got owned. I'm really sick of this Hilary Duff, Kellie Osbourne, etc, teenage girl fad.

Why do I care, seeing that I listen to Metal, I hear you ask? Because my parents play mainstream radio alot. I have 5 more months until I get to drive a car by myself, so I have to hear it.
 
I also didnt know anything about them until they had a biography on one of the channels about them. I never knew Milli Vanilli didnt sing any of their music. THEY got owned!
Im sure Ashley is singing her own music and she will probably recover from this. Just about all those actors lip sink now. Brittany, Christina.... How else could they dance around like that and sing without you hearing their breath and body bouncing around. :lol:
 
I had that "Dancing" argument at school.

It's an awful lot harder to play guitar and sing at the same time, and I don't see any rock/metal/etc bands lip syncing.
 
I find it funny how the band just kept playing. They're not half bad if you give them the time. :)
 
Yeah, and the ***** blamed it on them too. 👎

The article at MTV.com


Simpson has since been widely attacked for the snafu, with an interview she gave to Lucky magazine coming back to haunt her. When asked what her take on lip-synching was, she had told the magazine, "I'm totally against it and offended by it. I'm going to let my real talent show, not just stand there and dance around. Personally, I'd never lip-synch. It's just not me."

Haha!
 
My band played the wrong song.

Yeah...right.

Jessica Simpson is better in everyway.
 
Hahaha, oh god yes. "It's just not me."

What an absolute fool.
 
Jpec07
I find it funny how the band just kept playing. They're not half bad if you give them the time. :)

You could tell they were about to burst out laughing. :D
 
Viper Zero
She is just getting a free ride from her big sister.

I could use one of those as well 👍

In all seriousness, I'm glad it came out.
 
I have no idea who Ashlee Simpson or Milli Vanilli are, I guess I should be proud of my ignorance.
 
Race Idiot
I have no idea who Ashlee Simpson or Milli Vanilli are, I guess I should be proud of my ignorance.
Ashlee Simpson = Jessica Simpson's lil' sister
Milli Vanilli = Two black blokes who lip-synched all their songs over anonymous studio vocalists. MTV Bio.
 
I don't know who Jessica Simpson is though.

But now I vaugely remember watching some program about Milli Vanilli and they kept that secret about miming for a while.
 
MistaX
I had that "Dancing" argument at school.
It's an awful lot harder to play guitar and sing at the same time, and I don't see any rock/metal/etc bands lip syncing.
This is the best point made so far and I agree 100% 👍
 
So do I.

And you don't know Jessica Simpson, Race_Idiot? She is one of the Hottest looking celebrities around at the moment, IMO. "Newlyweds" (ugh) ring a bell?

Also, Milli Vanilli won awards, I found out tonight. They never sung a note of any of their songs, not even at their concerts. It was 2 large African-American males that sung them. I have a question, though. How did Milli Vanilli get caught out?

(If it's on that Video posted above, I'm on 56K, about to go to bed, and I don't want to wait around, as I can't leave the Internet going all night tonight)
 
I have a question, though. How did Milli Vanilli get caught out?
The record skipped really bad at one of the concerts. Seriously thats what VH1 said in the biography. :lol:
 
CAMAROBOY69
The record skipped really bad at one of the concerts. Seriously thats what VH1 said in the biography. :lol:
I saw when it happened. It was a song called, "Girl You Know It's True". The line in the song went, "Girl, you know it's true! Ooh, ooh, ooh, I love you" But they got busted when the song kept repeating, "Girl, you know it... Girl, you know it... Girl, you know it... Girl, you know it... Girl, you know it... Girl, you know it... Girl, you know it... Girl, you know it... Girl, you know it... Girl, you know it... Girl, you know it... Girl, you know it... Girl, you know it... Girl, you know it... Girl, you know it... Girl, you know it...Girl, you know it... Girl, you know it... Girl, you know it... Girl, you know it... Girl, you know it... etc. The whole time Milli and Vanilli stayed on stage and tried to play it off. It didn't work.

For the several months before, Arsenio Hall got really mad at them, and labled them frauds when the deal to have them on his then TV talk show went bust. The deal went bust when they refused to show proof they can sing live. Arsenio Hall did not want to feature musical acts who didn't/couldn't sing their own songs.
 
"Girl, you know it... Girl, you know it... Girl, you know it... Girl, you know it... Girl, you know it... Girl, you know it... Girl, you know it... Girl, you know it... Girl, you know it... Girl, you know it... Girl, you know it... Girl, you know it... Girl, you know it... Girl, you know it... Girl, you know it... Girl, you know it...Girl, you know it... Girl, you know it... Girl, you know it... Girl, you know it... Girl, you know it...
lmao :lol: 👍
 
Back