Asphalt to Get Its Own GT Academy-Style Reality Television Show

• Thread starter Famine
  • 20 comments
I tried one of these games out of curiosity a few years back - no. 8 I think. It was unbelievably easy with a ton of assists that seemingly couldn't be disabled, closer in experience to watching a let's play with no commentary than actually playing a game. I can see how you can make a game with simplified physics such as NFS viable for competitive play provided it doesn't have a hard coded skill ceiling but this I just can't understand. I suppose all the top times will be within a few nanoseconds of each other.
Also, where does it go from there? They have a bunch of nerdy types who managed to get the best out of a very easy game. Will they just play the game more or will they put them behind the wheel of real cars next? How will their skills translate to real world driving? Perhaps that would be interesting to see...

Last edited:
I tried one of these games out of curiosity a few years back - no. 8 I think. It was unbelievably easy with a ton of assists that seemingly couldn't be disabled, closer in experience to watching a let's play with no commentary than actually playing a game. I can see how you can make a game with simplified physics such as NFS viable for competitive play provided it doesn't have a hard coded skill ceiling but this I just can't understand. I suppose all the top times will be within a few nanoseconds of each other.
Also, where does it go from there? They have a bunch of nerdy types who managed to get the best out of a very easy game. Will they just play the game more or will they put them behind the wheel of real cars next? How will their skills translate to real world driving? Perhaps that would be interesting to see...
Asphalt 9 is actually pretty competitive and needs good amount of skill to do great lap times. It seems simple but there are quite a few tricks to learn to be fast in this game. The game has had multiple esports competitions already with real money prizes. Last year I won 1500€ from a tournament in this game. 😃

Last edited:
9a51a5b01c12ad8e982cc870130b9f9b.gif

I use to play that on DS.
I still maintain that the original two are somewhat decent. Nothing great (especially today) but as portable racers they were pretty competent and had a good variety of things to do. I tried Asphalt 9 recently since it is F2P, and it was just... bleh. Technically impressive for a freebie, but just seems like the sort of imaginary game characters in a TV show would play if that makes sense.

I still maintain that the original two are somewhat decent. Nothing great (especially today) but as portable racers they were pretty competent and had a good variety of things to do.
The second game had the Viper Concept! My mind was blown at how good the car list was!

Last edited:
I assume that only Americans are allowed to become part of the Reality show, or will the winning contestants be from all over the world?

I played Asphalt 9 on mobile a few months back, kinda annoying because the installer was preloaded on my phone and I had no option to delete it (thanks sony).......it's my first asphalt game so it was kinda okay I guess lol.

Last edited:
...so they train their Finalists to become anything but a actual driver?

Their games dont have a slightest element of driving involved, just airtime after airtime on a cocktail of hallucinogenic drugs...

I actually tried out this game yesterday and today, yesterday on Xbox Series X & today on my iPad Pro. Both chances failed to impress me. The Xbox Series X has broken multi-player where I get stuck on searching for players & location for over 10 minutes (even though it's supposed to give an error & Refund my Gas after just one minute) forcing a Reset, and as for the iOS...

One single abrupt pop-up ad was all it took to make me delete the game on the spot. Same reason I deleted CSR2 (though that one took months, long story).

Back