Assassins Creed III

Really enjoying this more than i expected i would, I wasnt originally planning on purchasing it at release because as enjoyable as the preceeding games were they were very similar in feel and playstyle. When i heard it was set in the Revolutionary War i suddenly become more excited. This still hadnt made my mind on a release purchase though. That was dicided by the reading of plenty of Reviews, Watching loads of video's and Medal of Honor Warfighter turning out to be a load of crap.

Im at Sequence 8 and have just Assassinated
Pitcairn

My homestead is coming along real nicely, Love the quarrelling scot lumberjacks :lol:, And the Aquila is ruling the waves undaunted.

My favourite moment has to be the bad weather mission on the Aquila...................>Mind Blown:drool:

There so many others, But that sticks out :)

Truly epic game:bowdown:, Thanks Danger Close. I wouldnt have bought this at release if it wasnt for you.👍

I regret buying this...

But, that's because I've just lost so many hours to it already, my copy turned up on wednesday and every free moment I've had since I've been playing it and I still feel like I'm not even close to the end of the game. It really is epic and the game world is just huge. The only thing I don't like is the tree viewpoints, I find them a real pain to climb.

Yup I don't climb trees for that reason. The game is great, it's sometimes buggy and annoying missions are there, but again all AC games are like that, but they've put a lot of effort into making this game

Tiddy
I regret buying this...

But, that's because I've just lost so many hours to it already, my copy turned up on wednesday and every free moment I've had since I've been playing it and I still feel like I'm not even close to the end of the game. It really is epic and the game world is just huge. The only thing I don't like is the tree viewpoints, I find them a real pain to climb.

All of those tree viewpoints are the same though, So once you've done one the rest shouldnt be a problem.

I havn't finished the game yet trying to unlock the Achilles outfit doing all the homestead mission I am at seq11 apparently not far from finishing the game. I am trying to upgrade my weapons and items etc so I can feel abit more comfortable lol.

I would have loved an option to play as haythem some more cause I enjoy his character more then connors. I miss upgrading armour. I have noticed that I am sure that ezio and altair are right handed and connor is left handed.

I have noticed that I am sure that ezio and altair are right handed and connor is left handed.

Interesting you say that because in the reveal trailer, he uses the bow right handed, but his quiver is over his left shoulder (that's for left handed archers).

💡

So I've finished it (well the main story at least).

I found the very end to be an uninspiring way to end what has been such a great series, compared to the final scenes of say AC1 and AC2 I feel that it is somewhat of a let down, there was no real conflict in the decision made at the end more of just an acceptance and although I do not like Desmond himself as a character I still think there should have been a better way to end the game.

As far as Connor goes the story is brilliant although I would say that he seems permanently angry throughout the whole game, this itself seems to be intentional since in the end scenes the hologram tells him that he "seeks the impossible", even so I felt that in comparison with Ezio and Altair he put little thought into planning and instead focussed on a more aggressive approach which led to him seeming rash and poor in judgement.

Haythem was a good character I felt, he seemed to be as good as opposite to Connor in that he was much more like Ezio and Altair as he seemed much more strategically competent.

I'm on sequence 10 and putting off finishing it by doing as much other stuff as I can.

In other news, the "Predator" move is awesome. You'll need to do it five times for a trophy anyway, but it's funny.
  • Equip rope darts
  • Find a branch across the road
  • Wait for an enemy to pass below
  • Hit triangle to use the rope dart and pull the left stick back at the same time
  • Hilarity. Gruesome, gruesome hilarity

Finished the story yesterday and have done all the liberation missions. It seems like there are a million Homestead missions though 👍 I do a few and then another load pop up. Happy now I have my dual holsters, double the flintlock death dealing :D

Duffers917K
Finished the story yesterday and have done all the liberation missions. It seems like there are a million Homestead missions though 👍 I do a few and then another load pop up. Happy now I have my dual holsters, double the flintlock death dealing :D

35 homestead.

So it looks like there's something broken in my game.

The leaderboards have never worked. I thought little of it - until the epilogue and... this.

There's a lot of confusion around this issue. Some people report it's something to do with the connection to Ubisoft servers and associated problems with the UPlay passport and limited multiplayer - my UPlay passport is fine, my multiplayer is fine but my leaderboards and pivots don't work. Some people put it down to raw internet connection - but others report alternate accounts on the same console as working fine - or NAT type - which it isn't. But as things stand, it's a baffling issue for many people.

I really love these series of games, so much so to make sure I didn't miss any story line extra's that I re played every game at least 4 times, AC2 got me by the veg so much so I completed it 3 times in a row, AC3, I don't know what its lacking, but its something, and something big, I'm just up to sequence 10, I would be further into it, if not completing it but I'm looking for excuses to stop or not to play it,

here's a list of things I did today alone to avoid/ stop playing the game,

*mowed the lawn
*poisoned the weeds
*did the dishes
*garden maintenance
*detailed the car
*recycled the cardboards
*recycled metal's
*cleaned the fridge
*home mainenance
*I even vacuumed and mopped the whole house!

I'm sorry guys, it maybe a good game, but it just lacks substance and having to read subtitles irritates me, why couldn't they speak english with accent's like they did in the first 4 games,

For me AC3 is a true rollercoaster, not in the traditional sense though. In the sense that one minute I'm loving it sneaking around pulling off the perfect assassination and the next I'm being driven mad by poor/glitched/broken AI or other bugs which are punishing me and often force me to play by all rights worse than I was originally (be less clever basically). Most of my problems are centered around the hunt for full sync, some of the optional objectives really do mean you have to play like an idiot instead of going for the perfect kill which is somewhat a shame.

That said I'm still enjoying it, currently at sequence 9. There's alot of game in here which is great and when the game doesn't have a silly optional objective and works how it should it's brilliant, I just wish that I wasn't running in to problems so regularly in the last sequence I almost gave up completely but slogged through and worked out how to basically trick the game in to letting me win as despite pulling off ambitious and awesome tactics the game would usually have uber AI who would despite being fixed for 10 minutes turn and detect me THROUGH an object :lol:.

there is one particular glitch that annoy's the S*** out of me, and it has arisen in all the AC's which is the "button mash blitz" and your slamming the attack button and you just stand there looking like a pelican while the AI is awaiting your attack,

I quit.

AC3 is great, but Ubisoft blow chunks. The UPlay DRM they've forced onto this game makes it impossible for me to finish it, by way of making the Pivot point challenge (after the main game) completely inaccessible except in a single set of circumstances - using the PSNID I originally registered with UPlay, which isn't the PSNID I game on. No secondary accounts with their own UPlay accounts - even though the gaming account is the one I installed their UPlay passport on - can get access to it.

If UPlay still exists for AC4 I'm not buying it, nor any other Ubisoft game.

I was wondering around in the frontier and wanted to go back to boston.
On the map i noticed the boston icon was missing, so i cant fast travel overthere.

Anyone knows how this comes?
Can you still go there?

Famine
I quit.

AC3 is great, but Ubisoft blow chunks. The UPlay DRM they've forced onto this game makes it impossible for me to finish it, by way of making the Pivot point challenge (after the main game) completely inaccessible except in a single set of circumstances - using the PSNID I originally registered with UPlay, which isn't the PSNID I game on. No secondary accounts with their own UPlay accounts - even though the gaming account is the one I installed their UPlay passport on - can get access to it.

If UPlay still exists for AC4 I'm not buying it, nor any other Ubisoft game.

It seems like all the Pivot point thing gets you are animus hacks, so that you can be invincible in the winter in the night, all the time if you want. Since game progress doesn't save when animus hacks are enabled, they are officially unnesecary. So unless you desperately want to be invincible, don't worry about them :)

MADE OF STEEL - you can't get hurt (on/off)
INFINITE AMMUNITION - you have infinite ammunition (on/off)
KILLING SPREE - you can always assassinate (on/off)
SEMI-AUTOMATIC - no more reload time for ranged weapons (on/off)
NINJA - guard detection and investigation is disabled (on/off)
RECRUIT - you have infinite recruit tokens (on/off)
THUNDER KILL - thunder and lightning surrounds you every time you kill an enemy (on/off)
WEATHER MAN - weather switches from rain/snow to sunny and vice versa (off/always sunny/always raining or snowing)
SUN AND MOON - change from day to night and vice versa (off/always daytime/always nighttime)
SEASON CHANGER - set the season to summer or winter (off/summer/winter)

I just checked, it seems like you can adjust the weather freely, however no progress will be saved while using the other 6 hacks. So Famine, all your missing is weather changing god powers :(.

And the SP leaderboards.

The point is I'm missing stuff due to idiotic DRM designed to hurt pirates but which they can circumvent and just butt(loves) normal gamers. Screw companies that do that.

I don't want to completely ruin the gameplay so I'll try to only use the Weather and Season ones...

And Famine, what version of the game are you playing that has DRM? Do Console versions have Ubisoft's PC DRM, or are you talking about Uplay?

Yes, UPlay.

The issue is a conflict between UPlay and PSN accounts which unnecessarily prevents me accessing part of the game. It's DRM any way up - and the UPlay passport concept is too.

I really love these series of games, so much so to make sure I didn't miss any story line extra's that I re played every game at least 4 times, AC2 got me by the veg so much so I completed it 3 times in a row, AC3, I don't know what its lacking, but its something, and something big, I'm just up to sequence 10, I would be further into it, if not completing it but I'm looking for excuses to stop or not to play it,

here's a list of things I did today alone to avoid/ stop playing the game,

*mowed the lawn
*poisoned the weeds
*did the dishes
*garden maintenance
*detailed the car
*recycled the cardboards
*recycled metal's
*cleaned the fridge
*home mainenance
*I even vacuumed and mopped the whole house!

I'm sorry guys, it maybe a good game, but it just lacks substance and having to read subtitles irritates me, why couldn't they speak english with accent's like they did in the first 4 games,

I agree with you, really surely that the comment or a twist that the annimus makes the speech in the "users" (like desmond) native tounge which would be make sense.

I have got upto seq 12 and can't be bothered going further I have just been doing misc missions. I am not a fan of the conner character, I wish they implemented a sequence or something to go and play as haythem ( i love this bloke) I think that in AC3 seems to be less strategics if you get me.

I miss the oppurtunity to upgrade armour and puzzle missions etc. I hope then next game is a prequeal or an alternative time line to conners maybe it's just my boner for haythem lol

Back