Assault Horizon (New Ace Combat)

• Thread starter Havok_
  • 103 comments
Well I read VEXD's review and it looks like I won't be buying this AC game. The only ones I've played/owned are 4 and 5, and let me say that AC5 is one of the best games I've ever played. Realistic at a simulator level? No way. But the story is movie-quality IMO and the missions are fun and diverse. It also has an absolutely killer soundtrack. Shattered Skies is great too, but lacks the gut-wrenching story line of The Unsung War. I've heard good things about Zero and might eventually get that one, but as for Assault Horizon or AC6 (especially considering I don't have an XBox)? Not a chance.

The general consensus from the Ace Combat Forum I'm on appears to be that AC6 is not at all worth buying storyline wise or gameplay wise.

Well I read VEXD's review and it looks like I won't be buying this AC game. The only ones I've played/owned are 4 and 5, and let me say that AC5 is one of the best games I've ever played. Realistic at a simulator level? No way. But the story is movie-quality IMO and the missions are fun and diverse. It also has an absolutely killer soundtrack. Shattered Skies is great too, but lacks the gut-wrenching story line of The Unsung War. I've heard good things about Zero and might eventually get that one, but as for Assault Horizon or AC6 (especially considering I don't have an XBox)? Not a chance.

Don't forget, I am known as VEXD for a reason....

Just because I don't spell it vexed.... doesn't mean I don't carry that attitude all day long.....
Those that have been unfortunate enough to meet me, have at first found me quirky, but eventually just get sick of negativity, and that is what I peddle.
What I am trying to say is that perhaps I paint a negative picture of the game, but that doesn't mean you should trust that I am right, as even though I know I am, you may still disagree.

What you should do, is rent AC AH.

You may find it is for you.
If so, then buy it.

You may find I speak your language, and it wasn't worth buying, in which case I saved you money.

Either way, it's win.

:irked:👍

I just wish developers would stop changing a winning formular. Thing about ace combat of old, was that for me, it felt like I was playing TopGun. You could be maverick racing around, beating the **** out of everybody and generally feeling like you were making a difference with your expert flying etc. Don't feel it in the new one at all. All I see is a cod wannabe with too much flash and not enough substance.

I agree. I haven't even played trough the whole game yet and I already lost interest. :guilty:
But I hooked up my PS2 again and am enjoying the good AC's again. :D

Seriously?

He's in the Ace Combat thread, asking how to avoid getting "shot down", and you want to know which game he is asking about?

:ouch:👍

Seriously?

He's in the Ace Combat thread, asking how to avoid getting "shot down", and you want to know which game he is asking about?

:ouch:👍

HAHAHAHA.gif

I could distribute an appropriate insult to you for not understanding the joke, due to age. But then my post would be deleted and you wouldn't see it, and thus it would be bad economics.

Don't know if anyone noticed, but there's a Paint feature in the game. I've made and just posted this video to show off some of mine:

Last edited:
Think its abit about time to bump this thread, with my second skins video:

Last edited:
I have a question, maybe a very obvious one, but is possible to turn off the music?
I find some tracks very annoying in the demo, where it wasn't possible turning music off.

Thanks.

Got nostalgia from AC: squadron leader and searched for gameplay, it looks epic and I have it ordered from amazon after a morning of looking in different game shops and seeing if I could order it. No joy, but should come best week.

Anyone else get nostalgia from AC: squadron leader or just me?

Back