Assetto Corsa 2 Will be Called "Assetto Corsa Evo", Coming 2024

If it is in fact a sequel to the original AC, I hope it provides a fun and engaging “sim-lite” type campaign mode with good sense of garage and vehicle ownership. Something to wake up PD and T10. The racing genre as a whole has been stagnating, but especially the sim side has lacked good casual entries with solid campaigns for at least 10 years now. I’d argue GT5 and FM4 were the last exceptional entries to the sub genre.

Kunos has been good at delivering their products both at launch and ongoing support/additional content, so I have high hopes for whatever form ACE takes - even if it’s a particular genre or format I may not be as interested in.

Oh gosh. It would be nice if we could just leave the games to being games and let Kunos do what they do.
I personally don't want any garages, economies, gamey anything. And I don't even see why they would do anything like that. That's not who they are. You don't need campaigns to keep you busy or engaged when the driving, physics and immersion is all there.
AMS2 is supposedly going to add a career of some type but honestly, it's doing fine without it for now. If I can go in and create 4-5 race championships, with a fun broad array of car classes, I'm good. And after all, that's basically all the "career" mode is for Forza Motorsport as of now anyways.
The best part about Simulators is that the car drives the way it's supposed to drive, right off the bat. No buying tires or putting some type of race suspension on a car that's already a race car in the first place. If they continue to expand on what they've done on ACC but with other car classes including road cars, That would be great. However I'd like them to work on the tire model for low speed corners. Something's weird about that in ACC. I'm looking forward to jumping in the rig and being immersed to being at a race track (or street circuit or P2P, whatever), not wasting time doing gamey stuff.

If it is in fact a sequel to the original AC, I hope it provides a fun and engaging “sim-lite” type campaign mode with good sense of garage and vehicle ownership. Something to wake up PD and T10. The racing genre as a whole has been stagnating, but especially the sim side has lacked good casual entries with solid campaigns for at least 10 years now. I’d argue GT5 and FM4 were the last exceptional entries to the sub genre.

Kunos has been good at delivering their products both at launch and ongoing support/additional content, so I have high hopes for whatever form ACE takes - even if it’s a particular genre or format I may not be as interested in.

I agree thats what most sim racers lacked, a mode where progression and cars is involved i would be all for it, just look at the gran turismo mod for ac it looks incrediable a thing like that would be incrediable. I plan to test that mod when its close to finshed, he even find a way to upgrade cars ingame,

Interested if this will have a decent DualSense support and will be competitive against GT7 controllerwise. I know you hardcore guys maybe not interested in that and probably don't believe thats the direction for AC but we'll see.

Interested if this will have a decent DualSense support and will be competitive against GT7 controllerwise. I know you hardcore guys maybe not interested in that and probably don't believe thats the direction for AC but we'll see.
The controller controls in ACC took a while to get used to, but I thought they were fine when I got there.

Yeah I think the controller works well in ACC. I also didn't have too much problems with the original AC also

Well, providing support to VR on PS5 is up to Kunos, if they want to move the VR work from the PC version to console it is their decision, not Sony.
It isn’t kunos decision either, as digital bross stated that the porting of AC2/EVO for consoles will be done from a third party studio as happened with ACC (PS4/xbone = D3t ltd & PS5 / Xseries was Untold games)

It’s up to digital bros / 505games and the third party studio selected that will port and support console versions if they add PSVR2 support.

As seen till now with third parties racing games released on PS5 , nobody matters to add PSVR2 support as ea wrc, f1 games .. wich have VR on PC .

Making VR for only one console and a very limited user base it isn’t enough investment and development time worth seems .

It isn’t kunos decision either, as digital bross stated that the porting of AC2/EVO for consoles will be done from a third party studio as happened with ACC (PS4/xbone = D3t ltd & PS5 / Xseries was Untold games)

It’s up to digital bros / 505games and the third party studio selected that will port and support console versions if they add PSVR2 support.

As seen till now with third parties racing games released on PS5 , nobody matters to add PSVR2 support as ea wrc, f1 games .. wich have VR on PC .

Making VR for only one console and a very limited user base it isn’t enough investment and development time worth seems .
Those are both ea games ? Im not really bothered to miss out on ea games.

If they don’t support psvr2 i just won’t buy it. Very simple.

Its also an odd decision to not support the most life like racing experience and call yourself a sim.

Your l33t business summary and conclusion aside, of course.

I really hope the ACC cars carry over to the new ACE game, that would be a huge win. If they get some of the LMDh/LMH cars, too, it will sell like hot cakes

I know, I was referring to leaving the PC VR compatibility code to the company that ports ACE to consoles to adapt it to the PS VR infrastructure.

I know, I was referring to leaving the PC VR compatibility code to the company that ports ACE to consoles to adapt it to the PS VR infrastructure.
Yeah , but look , orginal AC , kunos didn’t add PSVR compatibility cause it didn’t match their minimal requirements. (Only game that kunos themselves portes to consoles before being buyed by digital bross)

Acc on next gen didn’t get PSVR2 support neither.

Say me a racing game that got PSVR2 support apart of GT7 ..
even on PSVR with PS4 the only racing game that they add support and wasn’t from Sony , was codemasters Dirt rally with a 10€ compatibility DLC (free on PC) and they didn’t add any compatibility more.

Those are both ea games ? Im not really bothered to miss out on ea games.

If they don’t support psvr2 i just won’t buy it. Very simple.

Its also an odd decision to not support the most life like racing experience and call yourself a sim.

Your l33t business summary and conclusion aside, of course.
Their are in fact codemasters games (Dirt rally 1&2 + grid + dirt5) and the F1 games, now it’s still codemasters, but they gotten buyed by the EA group, and as seen, no PSVR2 compatibility for the last EA WRC or F1 either.

It think if you only will buy PSVR2 compatible games, you will stay in GT7 then.

It’s a sim (most simracer play on flat screen, single or triple) , even if they don’t add VR support for one single console and a very reduced PSVR2 player base (50 millions of PS5 users, + - 2 million PSVR2 users, and how many users play niche sim racing games of those 2 millions ? )

So probably it isn’t worth development time and investment for no benefits for those studios for just one console

digital bross stated that the porting of AC2/EVO for consoles will be done from a third party studio as happened with ACC

Was sure I read Kunos saying their own engine would make things easier to release updates across all platforms at the same time, could be wrong though.

Was sure I read Kunos saying their own engine would make things easier to release updates across all platforms at the same time, could be wrong though.
I just said what digital bros stated (owners of kunos), first PC , then ported to consoles with a third party dev team (as acc)

I personally don't care if it doesn't have backwards compatible mods. I don't want the same old tired stuff. It would be nice to have new stuff with better physics, better looking tracks, better race features. It would be nice to look forward, not backwards.

If the models can be reused through a whole new pipeline of development but be added, I would be for that. One would have to assume that would be the only way possible anyways seeing as their physics and graphical engines have been changed.

I personally don't care if it doesn't have backwards compatible mods. I don't want the same old tired stuff. It would be nice to have new stuff with better physics, better looking tracks, better race features. It would be nice to look forward, not backwards.

If the models can be reused through a whole new pipeline of development but be added, I would be for that. One would have to assume that would be the only way possible anyways seeing as their physics and graphical engines have been changed.
Im just hoping for a path, one much easier and logical than the rF->r2 situation that all but illed the rF mod community.
Lets see!

Last edited:
Im just hoping for a path, one much easier and logical than the rF->r2 situation that all but illed the rF mod community.
Lets see!
Please don't get me wrong. I'd love there to be a new pipeline and avenue for the great talented people. I am just a little tired of ALL the updates and checking all the sites and so much downloading and places to follow. I know I sound like a fuddy duddy but I want to get into the races and not editing text docs forever and ever. lol

2024 is not a great year for games. Indies have been carrying the weight but AC Evo has got me excited but I'm afraid to get excited nowadays. We are not exactly getting information.

I don't know. 2024 seems to be cooking along. Especially for racers. We just got Le Mans Ultimate. ACC is still getting DLC.
ACEvo incoming. GTR Revival incoming. Whatever happens with Rennsport. It's hard to say if any of these will make it in 2024 but they were all trying.
Also to mention that AMS2 is banging along nicely with wonderful DLC's. BeamNG getting good DLC's. I don't have enough time in a week to keep up let alone outside of racers.

Kunos have always been somewhat secretive. ACC is good. It shows that if they focus, they can take a series and knock it out of the park. ACC is a top tier standard that all other sims can be held to. This is what they do. I don't think you should be worried about what they can do rather then when they can do it and how fast. I'm completely accepting mid 2025 for ACEvo. 😄

Kunos hasn't released any information on ACE apart from the logo for now because they have to release Nords on console first and maybe other things (cough cough GTWC Europe 2024 liveries cough cough) on ACC.

Almost the same happens for ACC, they didn't release any information or trailer until they stopped the development of AC1.

I think we'll see something from ACE in June at some video game conference, my bet on the game's launch (like an EA for Steam) is September.

2024 is not a great year for games. Indies have been carrying the weight but AC Evo has got me excited but I'm afraid to get excited nowadays. We are not exactly getting information.
I agree 2024 has not been looking good so far for games in general, hopefully it changes soon,
I am still worried about the lack of info with ac evo feels like it will not release this year after all, if it dosent have mod support i will not bother with it, and plenty of people will stay with first game instead, and that would be bad for kunos, still belive that pc version is the way to go, console versions of most sim racers is to lacking,

Back