Assetto Corsa Celebrates One Year on Consoles

Quality over Quantity... and that is why I always choose to race on AC first on PS4. I have pCars and it collects dust while I literally put in 3 hours a day on Assetto Corsa. Nothing can come close to the FFB at this point. Will be interesting however when pCars2 releases with their physics and FFB refinements but I bet I'd still catch myself giving plenty of seat time to my first true racing love.

I'm in the same boat to be honest. If Kunos ceased all development of the console version now, I would still be playing it for a long time to come. I have had the game since launch and enjoy it now as much, if not more, than when it came out.

VBR
Correction; Assetto Corsa Lite celebrates one year on consoles! Too many options missing compared to the full PC version imho.

:sly:
I couldn't disagree more. I have both versions, and I couldn't care less about the missing features because I can't even remember what they are. None of them matter to me.

I've put far more hours into the PS4 version in 1 year than I have the PC version in 4 years

I couldn't disagree more. I have both versions, and I couldn't care less about the missing features because I can't even remember what they are. None of them matter to me.

I've put far more hours into the PS4 version in 1 year than I have the PC version in 4 years

Really? It would be the other way around for me because it seems the AC PC community is bigger and there's the one thing I want brought to the console version.....MODS!!!!

Really? It would be the other way around for me because it seems the AC PC community is bigger and there's the one thing I want brought to the console version.....MODS!!!!

You're definitely correct. No doubt. There are features console doesn't have but to me it's crazy to act like the console versions are "so lacking" when really it's only missing a couple of things. It all depends on how much importance you place on those things and updates have helped them really narrow the gap. I just personally don't have a problem with the console version not having those things.

In my opinion other than a select few mods, they're not up to the standard of quality that Kunos content has and that just makes me less eager to use them. The community on console is at least a lot better than it was when it first launched. Apparently it was a matchmaking issue back then. It doesn't have minor rating though or text chat unfortunately.

Of course, I don't have a VR headset, or do a lot of the other stuff you need a PC for. I prefer consoles and for me, AC on PS4 is brilliant to have. Also, you'd be surprised at how narrow the gap is graphically. I hardly notice a difference switching between versions unlike the many other games I have on both.

You're definitely correct. No doubt. There are features console doesn't have but to me it's crazy to act like the console versions are "so lacking" when really it's only missing a couple of things. It all depends on how much importance you place on those things and updates have helped them really narrow the gap. I just personally don't have a problem with the console version not having those things.

In my opinion other than a select few mods, they're not up to the standard of quality that Kunos content has and that just makes me less eager to use them. The community on console is at least a lot better than it was when it first launched. Apparently it was a matchmaking issue back then. It doesn't have minor rating though or text chat unfortunately.

Of course, I don't have a VR headset, or do a lot of the other stuff you need a PC for. I prefer consoles and for me, AC on PS4 is brilliant to have. Also, you'd be surprised at how narrow the gap is graphically. I hardly notice a difference switching between versions unlike the many other games I have on both.

To be honest I think the console version does enough aside from mods. I agree that the console versions and the attention to them from the company has also improved greatly. I think the next test is to see how long it will take the new "Ferrari" pack to be released after the PC version release. If it's under 3 weeks I will be impressed. But, we'll see. With more tracks this game could be an even better contender for the "big 3" that's coming out soon.

I only have a control pad for the Xbox One version. The only car that has felt good on the pad was the SF15 and the worst was the Mustang GT, which wouldn’t oversteer worth spit. It just feels very bitty, like there’s no consistency between basic operations of a car.

VXR
I only have a control pad for the Xbox One version. The only car that has felt good on the pad was the SF15 and the worst was the Mustang GT, which wouldn’t oversteer worth spit. It just feels very bitty, like there’s no consistency between basic operations of a car.
only one car lol? You need finer inputs if its understeering because with the controller the wheels turn to full lock too quick with a pad. Also there is a problem I discovered and this could just be me who does this which causes understeer. Because of the way I sit and hold the controller, I noticed that when I turn left ( or right ) I'm not actually moving the stick all the way left, but diagonal down left, which causes understeer. I did this for so long without realising, well actually I knew for years from playing PES but didn't think it would be a problem on a racing game. Worth paying attention to see if you do this too.

The other thing you could do, which is what I did after more testing recently since you can now change the controller algorithms whilst on track. I set up so my low speed steering was set to a slow speed ( which helps with eliminating understeer but quite hard to catch oversteer snap ).

So my settings for the Ferrari 488 GT3 are.

Speed sensitivity 85.
Steering speed 28 ( I started testing from zero )
dead zone 20
Steering filter. 70
Gamma. 2.7.

For the Abarth AC

Speed sensitivity 90
Steering speed. 40
Dead zone 25. ( Pearsonal preference really )
steering filter. 70
Gamma 2.7.

These are my main settings for every car though and work with all F1 cars except the modern Ferrari F1s for me.

Speed insensitivity. 90
Steering speed 100
Dead zone. 25
Filter 70
Gamma. 2.7.

Give them a try and see if they're more to your liking. Hopefully they're good for you.

VXR
@lancia delta hf thank you so much for that. I really want to gel with it because the car list is so good -I bought the season pass on sale - and I want to see what everyone raves about.
Nice, hope you get the hang of it. I'd say that the controller is also less problematic on certain tracks too. The ring seams favorable to the controller, at least for me. The Audi TT cup car is really easy with the controller too, but that's not included in the season pass. Btw, you should be able to download the prestige pack with the season pass. Have you tried to?

Back