Assetto Corsa Celebrates One Year on Consoles

AC2 anyone? It's about that time, not sure how much longer they can milk pt. 1. Plus with the console release, just about every gamer who is also a car enthusiast knows about AC.

I imagine pt. 2 will be a much more fully-featured game.

I'm not a fan of this trend of creating sequels! (I'm looking at you FIFA, PES, COD).

I would rather see post launch content and updates to bring more content, and therefore have the developers continue to build on a successful base.
I'm sure there are some limitations, like licensing for instance, but surely you only have to look at a title like iRacing to see that it's possible!

Besides, with the size of team that Kunos have, to have focus split across two games over three platforms is not really practical is it?

Looking forward to the year ahead, as us racing fans have a plethora of choice open to us.

Quality over Quantity... and that is why I always choose to race on AC first on PS4. I have pCars and it collects dust while I literally put in 3 hours a day on Assetto Corsa. Nothing can come close to the FFB at this point. Will be interesting however when pCars2 releases with their physics and FFB refinements but I bet I'd still catch myself giving plenty of seat time to my first true racing love.

I love ac, but no one is ever online! Less then 20 people last night. They need to get the rtr dlc out with the next update to hopefully bring people back.

I'm not a fan of this trend of creating sequels! (I'm looking at you FIFA, PES, COD).

I would rather see post launch content and updates to bring more content, and therefore have the developers continue to build on a successful base.
I'm sure there are some limitations, like licensing for instance, but surely you only have to look at a title like iRacing to see that it's possible!

Besides, with the size of team that Kunos have, to have focus split across two games over three platforms is not really practical is it?

Looking forward to the year ahead, as us racing fans have a plethora of choice open to us.

One question with that approach is how do you take advantage of advancements in hardware? On the PC front, that is a viable option, but not so much with consoles.

At some point, they'd just have to drop AC to focus on a new, fresh game (not many things match the new car scent).

I agree partially that sequels shouldn't be released on a clockwork schedule (FIFA, PES, NBA 2K, Madden). Sometimes, simply an update to bring rosters up to date would suffice. Considering GT Sport's release timing, I'm hoping it is the only GT that releases on PS4, and that they just add to it and give us a new game when the PS5 comes out.

Quality over Quantity... and that is why I always choose to race on AC first on PS4. I have pCars and it collects dust while I literally put in 3 hours a day on Assetto Corsa. Nothing can come close to the FFB at this point. Will be interesting however when pCars2 releases with their physics and FFB refinements but I bet I'd still catch myself giving plenty of seat time to my first true racing love.

I wanted to write something here to applaud AC, but you've done it for me.
Couldn't of said it better myself.

I love ac, but no one is ever online! Less then 20 people last night. They need to get the rtr dlc out with the next update to hopefully bring people back.

I'm in the U.S. and mid day (11am CST til 3pm CST) I see at least 6 or 7 lobbies filled with the max 16 drivers. Also first thing in the morning on the weekends. I get up by 9am to start racing and it's plenty packed in my experiences.

AC was my simracing rebirth. I'd given up on many games, but I saw AC was coming out last year and picked it up. A few months later ditched my PS4 for a PC, now I own T300, RSeat, VR, Pcars 1, and HE Pro pedals. Thank you Kunos for reawakening the love of simracing with beauty, quality, realism, and pure driving magic.

*IF* Kunos want to bring back PS4 players to online then they need to do online properly. Not this fiasco of system they now have >:-(

Since it's the anniversary I should point out that kunos hasn't done PS4 online properly since day one!!!! They have had one year to fix it it and it is is still unacceptable :-(

In another few weeks PS4 online servers will be ghost towns so I suppose it is a moot point anyway.

I'm in the U.S. and mid day (11am CST til 3pm CST) I see at least 6 or 7 lobbies filled with the max 16 drivers. Also first thing in the morning on the weekends. I get up by 9am to start racing and it's plenty packed in my experiences.
I'm on the east coast of US and get on around 10pm every night and sometimes during the day and never seen that many max lobbies.

*IF* Kunos want to bring back PS4 players to online then they need to do online properly. Not this fiasco of system they now have >:-(

Since it's the anniversary I should point out that kunos hasn't done PS4 online properly since day one!!!! They have had one year to fix it it and it is is still unacceptable :-(

In another few weeks PS4 online servers will be ghost towns so I suppose it is a moot point anyway.
I know the online system is awful!

It's their Achilles tendon and I can't even understand why!
A team that creates that state of art car physics in terms of ffb, tire, suspension and track surface feel can't come out with a damn functioning on line experience?
Regarding competitive on line rooms it's as simple as this... race European times because when night falls in Europe all you get on this side of the pond is crap like "cruising", "drift" and "nordschleife tourists". You wanna race? Like, go around the track as fast as you can to beat the guy in front of you? Yeah, follow those guys.

Holy cow, I completely forgot about that ready to race pack... I got excited for a second there thinking I could go get it right now! (PS4, ha.) I've hardly touched the thing in months.

With fall creeping in now I can feel the need to drive coming back. It'll be all AC, the game is a gem. It's got to possess some dark magic to be keeping me from getting excited at all for a new GT title, but here we are.

It has absolutely zero peers in the console space when it comes to driving simulators. It's physics are completely unparalleled in more than one way, and the areas it's not the best ever like AI, graphics, sound, it's still very very good. I get that some people use controllers, and the default controller settings are kind of bad so it doesn't get the rep it clearly deserves but that doesn't change the fact that it's in another league physics and FFB wise compared to anything that's ever been on console. In my opinion it's the king on PC as well though by a very slight margin and also due to its consistency across a range of vehicle types.

But is that Ready to race DLC even confirmed? It's been so long I'm starting to wonder if they're done with the console version. I'm lucky that I have the PC version so I do have those cars, but I'm also unlucky that I prefer to play the PS4 version.

One question with that approach is how do you take advantage of advancements in hardware? On the PC front, that is a viable option, but not so much with consoles.

At some point, they'd just have to drop AC to focus on a new, fresh game (not many things match the new car scent).

I agree partially that sequels shouldn't be released on a clockwork schedule (FIFA, PES, NBA 2K, Madden). Sometimes, simply an update to bring rosters up to date would suffice. Considering GT Sport's release timing, I'm hoping it is the only GT that releases on PS4, and that they just add to it and give us a new game when the PS5 comes out.

If you're talking console generation changes, like PS3 to PS4 then understandably I would expect a new title release. But life cycles for consoles are long enough to give a healthy amount of time to a single game, and support it properly.
I'm not against having sequels, just the frequency as indicated above by other titles.

Je pilote de temps a autres (dans le réel) ,des voitures anciennes de collection sur pas mal de circuits Européens.Et je confirme que ASSETTO CORSA,c'est la simulation numéro un pour le moment,de tout ce qui existe sur le marché.Sur un simulateur volant en main,c'est de loin ASSETTO CORSA qui me procure la sensation de pilotage le plus prés de la réalité;je pilote parfois certaines voitures en course qui sont dans ASSETTO CORSA,comme par exemple la PORSCHE 911 Carrera RSR de 1974,la SHELBY Cobra 427,la FORD GT40,ou encore la LOTUS 49;et donc je peux juger de la différence,entre le réel,et le virtuel.La seule simulation en ce qui concerne la réalité physique des voitures qui se rapprocherait le plus d'ASSETTO CORSA coté sensations de pilotage,c'est PROJECT CARS;mais la physique,et le comportement des voitures sur la piste,n'est pas a la hauteur d'excellence d'un ASSETTO CORSA. On va voir ci PROJECT CARS 2 a fait du progrès de ce coté la a partir du 22 Septembre 2017.Mais d'après les commentaires des premiers essais,que j'ai lu ci et la,il ne semble pas que ce soit le cas.

Je pilote de temps a autres (dans le réel) ,des voitures anciennes de collection sur pas mal de circuits Européens.Et je confirme que ASSETTO CORSA,c'est la simulation numéro un pour le moment,de tout ce qui existe sur le marché.Sur un simulateur volant en main,c'est de loin ASSETTO CORSA qui me procure la sensation de pilotage le plus prés de la réalité;je pilote parfois certaines voitures en course qui sont dans ASSETTO CORSA,comme par exemple la PORSCHE 911 Carrera RSR de 1974,la SHELBY Cobra 427,la FORD GT40,ou encore la LOTUS 49;et donc je peux juger de la différence,entre le réel,et le virtuel.La seule simulation en ce qui concerne la réalité physique des voitures qui se rapprocherait le plus d'ASSETTO CORSA coté sensations de pilotage,c'est PROJECT CARS;mais la physique,et le comportement des voitures sur la piste,n'est pas a la hauteur d'excellence d'un ASSETTO CORSA. On va voir ci PROJECT CARS 2 a fait du progrès de ce coté la a partir du 22 Septembre 2017.Mais d'après les commentaires des premiers essais,que j'ai lu ci et la,il ne semble pas que ce soit le cas.
All posts must be in English, as covered in the AUP.

ok

Who needs translation? :sly:

:cheers:

I think the game is great aside from the content delays. That game was the main reason I bought my rig and wheel setup. I remember wanting this fame to come to consoles when I saw it on PC. Then when it was announced I couldn't wait to get it. I was probably the only person that pre-ordered from the GameStop I bought it from. Then the two delays came. Lol. I was upset. But after getting it I was happy despite its horrible reviews. With updates and additions to the game it's gotten a lot better on consoles. The only thing I wish for with this game is for the DLC to be released simultaneously and for CONSOLE MODS! I think it could help bring more people to the game on consoles.

It's a great feeling game (I'm on PS4) but I still can't figure out why we can't have laptimes logged like the PC version and there's no customization on the button mapping for my wheel (Thrustmaster T150) which is kind of sad. Thank god they finally got the private lobby release sorted but it's super clunky and needs some work to be on par with PCars easy setups. My friends and I don't really get to enjoy AC as much as we should because of this unrefined online component.

Last edited:
I'm not a pro simracer just an amateur of racing games, so I don't care about delays or PC priority - I like how it feels on console but game looks chilly/cold in the whole. GT always looks more hearty welcome, if you understand what I mean. Kunos needs more gamedev experience IMO.

"Celebrates" may be too strong of a word. :lol:

Yes, agree. "Celebrates" would indicate a party, presents/gifts/giveaways, enjoyment shared by many and a milestone of achievement.

Where as would a castaway celebrate their first year of being stranded or a homeless person their first year of being on the street? ;-)

I have seen no evidence that there has been *any* celebration with AC on Console, not even some meagre update or new DLC to acknowledge that we (the last few) have hung in there.

Back