Assetto Corsa Competizione Coming to PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X in 2021

• Thread starter GlamFM
  • 2,177 comments

Assetto Corsa: Competizione (XsX|S) v1.8.4.1 Patch Notes (2022 November 10)​

• 7 minutes ago

• Updated
X series X|S Fixes
• missing RPM Bar on HUD.
• Career - Car models in intro sequence are missing wheels.
• Replays - End of race replay does not play properly.
• Custom Cars - Liveries do not display on custom cars.
• Controls/UI - Loss of L Stick controller input after pressing multiple controller buttons simultaneously and rotating the L Stick.
• Multiplayer/UI - Incorrect message at the end of multiplayer sessions.
• UI - Lorem ipsum text on CP picture
• Gameplay - Multiposition switch on Fanatec only working in encoder mode and not in constant mode or pulse mode
• UI - The Kyalami circuit does not preview when highlighted in Track Selection.
• Gameplay - Extreme temperatures in static Light Rain conditions.
• UI - Unable to select car classes and toggle car/team points on mixed Open Series championship final leaderboard.
• Championship - In Open Series championships low values in Opponent Car Groups cuts the number of opponents.
• Replay - Saving a replay while it is paused will not dismiss the file operation textbox until it is unpaused again.
• UI - Dashboard computer screen displayed on session start menu in 3rd person camera when Dashboard Display in HUD is set to ON.
• UI - French new career settings text indenting makes the description overlap with the settings.
• UI - The wheel status indicator becomes zero for half a second after unpausing.
• UI - Blacked out content pages displayed for around 10 seconds when accessing the Driver menu for the first time after a session.
• Career - Monochrome black showroom displayed for around 20 seconds on car selection screen.
• Replay/Saves - Exiting a replay or loading a save mid-session freezes the display for a few seconds.
• UI/Multiplayer - Placeholder variable text displayed when viewing the CP event widget featuring a DLC track with the related DLC uninstalled.
• Physics - Mercedes GT3 car models jitter in even-numbered grid slots P26-P30 at Brands Hatch in the rain with a full formation lap and multiple opponent classes.
• UI - Incorrect text on Saved Games widget in main menu.
• Text - Opponent skill and aggressiveness tooltips are reversed in custom-type championships.
• UI - Duplicate pre-race timer in Multiplayer race.
• Multiplayer - Some password protected servers can be joined with no password being entered.
• Graphics - Pit crew is rendered in a very low framerate after getting sent back to the pit.
• Graphics - AI cars in close proximity in the pits are rendered invisible.
• UI/Gameplay Logic - Cars in even-numbered grid positions are briefly displayed as in the pits in races at Zolder.
• UI - AI Skill and AI Aggressiveness settings are inverted on the pre-race settings screen in Custom Championship.
• Laguna Seca - Leading AI cars frequently spin out in the Corkscrew during formation.
• Zolder - Advertising board beside pit entrance references Blancpain sponsorship.
• M. Bortoletti's VO throughout the introduction video of Career mode does not match with the lip sync in the video.
• BMV M4 GT3 door logos may disappear under certain angle when doors are opened on the Car Selection screen
• Zolder - Collision near the tire barrier after the second chicane causes the rear suspension to break.
• HUD - Missing Light Indicators widget.
• No data for brake pressure on dashboard screen for several entries.
• Graphics - A helmet overlay can appear when the Player uses the replay functionality and proceeds back to the pause menu.
• Text - In Japanese, the initial track competence message has overlapping text at the top right corner.
• Graphics - In Japanese, on the Career mode car selection screen, the trophy in the bottom right corner jitters noticeably.
• UI - On the loading screen, text switches from English to Japanese.
• Gameplay - Single Make race using official liveries with the Cup Porsche or Huracan ST does not spawn any opponents on the grid.
I can't read the full patch notes until I get home tonight. But from what I can see here I don't see anything addressing the FFB issues. They slightly addressed the rolling start problem but only at Laguna Seca. And still nothing about the Bentley steering wheel flickering issue.

I am glad they addressed the end of race procedure.

Full patch notes here. .https://support.505games.com/hc/en-...-XsX-S-v1-8-4-1-Patch-Notes-2022-November-10-

Quite some of the issue fix listed were already fixed in las 2 updates...i don't understand why In hell they introduce "fixes" reported from pre 1.8 update,that got fixed in 1.8 and posterior updates.

Shows perfectly that they don't play and test the game by themselves, well, what to expect if they were working on the update still yesterday evening and they didn't even know if it was launching today.

Happy bug catching console ACC player's "beta" team
I know its a complex sim but I've rarely seen such poor console game quality assurance, from all posts i read about it.

Pretty sad how this is done.
I get it's a lot of work etc but still.
Must be a better way.
Still so grateful we get serious sim style games on console of course.

This current DLC is $40 AUD for what amounts to two cars and four tracks? No thanks. I guess I'll be waiting ages for a sale again like I did for the GT4 Pack.

Man, they know how to charge for this game! It's now up to $207 AUD for the game plus all DLC for such a limited game.

This current DLC is $40 AUD for what amounts to two cars and four tracks? No thanks. I guess I'll be waiting ages for a sale again like I did for the GT4 Pack.

Man, they know how to charge for this game! It's now up to $207 AUD for the game plus all DLC for such a limited game.
I've got my money's worth from this game. I picked it up upon release for Xbox One in June 2020 for $40 US (which included the Intercontinental DLC at the time). It's now on sale at Best Buy for $12.99, which is a steal if you have a Series X. I have the GT4 Pack ($20), plus there's the 2020 GT ($9) and British Pack ($13), which I have but don't necessarily remember purchasing, lol. Was there a discounted "future DLC" bundle that was once available and included the aforementioned packs that I simply forgot due to an aging brain???

I guess my point is that with all of this content spread out over 2+ years, plus the free upgrade for Series X & PS5, it's been a good value for me - but I can understand it may not be like that for others who may have missed out on various discounts along the way.

After updating the game (PS5) and installing the new DLCs, the game crashes 100% when I try to get on to the track. After some detective work I found that it was because I was using a controller instead of a wheel like I usually do. I used controller because I just wanted to quickly check if the new DLCs were properly installed. Not sure if this glitch was there before the update.

Last edited:
I've got my money's worth from this game. I picked it up upon release for Xbox One in June 2020 for $40 US (which included the Intercontinental DLC at the time). It's now on sale at Best Buy for $12.99, which is a steal if you have a Series X. I have the GT4 Pack ($20), plus there's the 2020 GT ($9) and British Pack ($13), which I have but don't necessarily remember purchasing, lol. Was there a discounted "future DLC" bundle that was once available and included the aforementioned packs that I simply forgot due to an aging brain???

I guess my point is that with all of this content spread out over 2+ years, plus the free upgrade for Series X & PS5, it's been a good value for me - but I can understand it may not be like that for others who may have missed out on various discounts along the way.
I pre ordered and got it day one too, the Launch Edition, upgraded to the PS5 version, and recently (September I think) bought the Gt 4 pack on special for $15 AUD so it's been reasonable value for me too.

I just don't like the idea of paying more for the add-ons than what the game cost in the first place. It was $77.95 when I bought it but if I were to purchase it now, you guessed it, $77.95 still, but with less content... and then add the approximately $130 of DLC's to get to it's full form.

I've also not seen many sales on the DLC at all for this game, but when I have, thanks to eagle eyed people on this forum (sorry, I forget who tipped us off to the GT4 pack sale but thank you very much :cheers:), I've bought it... but I'm still missing $76 worth of DLC (Edit: British Pack, 2020 World Challenge Pack, Challengers Pack and the American Track Pack).

What I was getting at is that's extremely pricey for a new buyer (on the PS Store, which is where I get all my games) for such a limited game.

...And then there's the dropping of all PS4 support.

Last edited:
You dont have to download. After you bought the pack it is in the game.
Thanks, got it working by launching the game.

However screenshots attached just for information.

Attachments

• SHARE_20221110_0740300.jpeg
    SHARE_20221110_0740300.jpeg
    50.3 KB · Views: 8
  • SHARE_20221110_0741240.jpeg
    SHARE_20221110_0741240.jpeg
    92.9 KB · Views: 8
  • SHARE_20221110_0741000.jpeg
    SHARE_20221110_0741000.jpeg
    66.2 KB · Views: 8
I pre ordered and got it day one too, the Launch Edition, upgraded to the PS5 version, and recently (September I think) bought the Gt 4 pack on special for $15 AUD so it's been reasonable value for me too.

I just don't like the idea of paying more for the add-ons than what the game cost in the first place. It was $77.95 when I bought it but if I were to purchase it now, you guessed it, $77.95 still, but with less content... and then add the approximately $130 of DLC's to get to it's full form.

I've also not seen many sales on the DLC at all for this game, but when I have, thanks to eagle eyed people on this forum (sorry, I forget who tipped us off to the GT4 pack sale but thank you very much :cheers:), I've bought it... but I'm still missing $76 worth of DLC (Edit: British Pack, 2020 World Challenge Pack, Challengers Pack and the American Track Pack).

What I was getting at is that's extremely pricey for a new buyer (on the PS Store, which is where I get all my games) for such a limited game.

...And then there's the dropping of all PS4 support.
Yeah, I get what you're saying for someone to jump in and buy everything today - especially if buying from the PS or Xbox store, where the base game is $39.99 US vs. $12.99 at Best Buy. If they've missed discounts along the way, they'd be paying a LOT more for DLC than the base game, and these days you need to be on Series X/S or PS5 to enjoy the updates.

For me it's been a trickle, but for someone new it's a tidal wave.

Last edited:
After updating the game (PS5) and installing the new DLCs, the game crashes 100% when I try to get on to the track. After some detective work I found that it was because I was using a controller instead of a wheel like I usually do. I used controller because I just wanted to quickly check if the new DLCs were properly installed. Not sure if this glitch was there before the update.
I was able to play it with controller. Not crashing on my system.

According to discord right now: Build 1.8.3.2 on PS and 1.8.4.1 on Xbox
So another update on PS is incoming ( …probably monday )
Hopefully this is the case. As I just tested, and my encoders on my Fanatec Mclarenm rim still don't really work. Bought the challengers and American DLC. What is it? Couple tracks and cars right?

I was able to play it with controller. Not crashing on my system.
I can too if I delete my save. I think the problem is that the game has registered my wheel as the input device before, and when starting a session it doesn’t fall back to controller even though wheel isn’t connected, eventually trying to read from a nonexistent device caused crashing. I can probably set gamepad as input in the game settings to fix this but I haven’t tried.

Last edited:
Where does it say that, I updated and it went to 1.8.3.2

According to discord right now: Build 1.8.3.2 on PS and 1.8.4.1 on Xbox
So another update on PS is incoming ( …probably monday )
Updated my game on PS5 earlier today. That was 1.8.3. Flipped it on tonight and it launched another update, 1.8.4. Took probably a good 30 min to download it all.

Got the update and the DLC's downloaded. Ran a Ferrari Challenge race at COTA and a Super Trefeo race at Watkins Glen after a brief practice session at each one. Lastly I ran a brief practice at Imola in the Porsche Super Cup car. I didn't get a chance to drive the BMW M2 yet.

The Ferrari Challenge car is a handful to drive at least for me now. I might get better at it in the future. The lack of downforce feels strange.

The ST feels the best out of the three I've driven so far. But when you are selecting the car, it starts with #63 and then I think it goes 01, 02, 03, etc. etc. but when you get in the race there are other numbered cars (37, 19, 27, etc.) in the field and different liveries. How do you pick them? Or did I just not go far enough over to the right? There is a bad bug in the ST's rear view mirror. When a car is closely behind it keeps jumping back and forth, getting bigger and smaller.

With the 992 Porsche, is it just the one car you can use with two different numbers?

They did not address the end of race procedure like they said in the patch notes. Hitting A right after the race ends takes you straight to the podium instead letting all cars finish then going to the podium.

I also noticed some stuttering during the formation lap that I don't think was in the game pre patch.

I’m going to jump on soon.
Got the update and the DLC's downloaded. Ran a Ferrari Challenge race at COTA and a Super Trefeo race at Watkins Glen after a brief practice session at each one. Lastly I ran a brief practice at Imola in the Porsche Super Cup car. I didn't get a chance to drive the BMW M2 yet.

The Ferrari Challenge car is a handful to drive at least for me now. I might get better at it in the future. The lack of downforce feels strange.

The ST feels the best out of the three I've driven so far. But when you are selecting the car, it starts with #63 and then I think it goes 01, 02, 03, etc. etc. but when you get in the race there are other numbered cars (37, 19, 27, etc.) in the field and different liveries. How do you pick them? Or did I just not go far enough over to the right? There is a bad bug in the ST's rear view mirror. When a car is closely behind it keeps jumping back and forth, getting bigger and smaller.

With the 992 Porsche, is it just the one car you can use with two different numbers?

They did not address the end of race procedure like they said in the patch notes. Hitting A right after the race ends takes you straight to the podium instead letting all cars finish then going to the podium.

I also noticed some stuttering during the formation lap that I don't think was in the game pre patch.
You should be able to click on the car and it displays the various teams/liveries.

Just ran a Five minute M2 One Make, in Samatha Tan’s car, at Watkins Glen. I’m having fun.

Edit: Did a race at Indy with the same set up. I’m getting no problems with graphics. Only big I can see, are “Test Car” being shown under some AI cars.

Edit2: Practice in the 488 2020 EVO at COTA. I don’t recall static cameras at any of the other tracks. There seem to be a heap of the. at this track. There’s still some TV camera views, but more static camera like AC1. Love it. Keep ‘em coming.

Last edited:
I didn’t get to try the update yesterday. My irl car broke (when 505 doesn’t break the game my car breaks 🤦‍♂️).

I’m debating getting the challengers pack. I want to try the M2, ST and 992 but it’s expensive to get both. I’ll probably wait for a Black Friday deal on the challengers and maybe get the GT4 pack as well.

The game is finally getting there. Now we need more people online and I would donate one of my testicles to science if we could get LFM on consoles.

Uploaded latest patch, did my wheel settings and button binding. Set ffb to 35. Now when I start, the ffb automatically increases to 100!! Using fanatec Dd pro. Ps5. Any advice.

Back