Assetto Corsa Competizione Coming to PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X in 2021

• Thread starter GlamFM
  • 2,176 comments
I've gotten myself registered for the FDS Race Department Porsche Carrera Cup.

Round 1 is at the Nurburgring, and I've done about a 100 practice laps over the last weekend. I think my personal perfect lap would be a 1'57.5 I reckon. So far my best lap is a 1'58.2. It just boggles my mind how Coach Dave drives a 1'56 flat with such a smooth driving style.

Getting a perfect lap is so damn hard without overdriving the car!

Last edited:

Round 1 is at the Nurburgring, and I've done about a 100 practice laps over the last weekend. I think my personal perfect lap would be a 1'57.5 I reckon. So far my best lap is a 1'58.2. It just boggles my mind how Coach Dave drives a 1'56 flat with such a smooth driving style.

Clocked a new PR at 1'57.9 this week, albeit with traffic in the bottom hairpin and a messy exit out of the final chicane. I also did some simulations with race fuel load, and I seem to be running a consistent 1.59 - 1.59.2.
Most importantly I've found a rhythm in the track which makes me clock laps consistently within 0.2s of each other. 👍

Last edited:
Just graphical?! I’m in hope for some physics update as well!
Physics updates just come along every few months anyway to bring it in line with what PC had at the time (obviously it always lags behind)

It doesn't need next gen to run the latest physics version, and there is no simplifying of physics on current gen console. That's why it's so demanding and the graphics struggle.

We will need an update to the game version (including some physics tweaks) in any case to run the British DLC pack so console will go at at least v1.7

Last edited:
Physics updates just come along every few months anyway to bring it in line with what PC had at the time (obviously it always lags behind)

It doesn't need next gen to run the latest physics version, and there is no simplifying of physics on current gen console. That's why it's so demanding and the graphics struggle.

We will need an update to the game version (including some physics tweaks) in any case to run the British DLC pack so console will go at at least v1.7
I understand. Thanks John.
Any chance they will release an update for the PS4 version before the current gen hits?!

I understand. Thanks John.
Any chance they will release an update for the PS4 version before the current gen hits?!
Should be getting a patch next week, then an update together with British pack DLC late spring (so maybe end of May?).

Next gen update sometime Q4 but we don't know if its gonna be paid or not, I think probably it will be

Last edited:

The difference is only graphical and late updates on console like std ps4?

Last edited:
The difference is only graphical and late updates on console like std ps4?
Well plus missing features.
Like can't adjust view position or angle on console, can't double up button press (PC allows you to have one function for short button press, another function for long button press, and also 'shift' button for a 3rd function), CP rating not functional, no keyboard or additional / external sim dash type support, lower FFB frequency for steering wheels (and some wheels like T500 not working), no keyboard support or button box compatibility, no motec telemetry export, limited replay duration...

And more bugs on console version, hopefully getting fixed tho.

But in my view, it's still a great game on console, I had a lot of fun doing league races and the special events

Last edited:
Like can't adjust view position or angle on console, can't double up button press (PC allows you to have one function for short button press, another function for long button press, and also 'shift' button for a 3rd function), CP rating not functional, no keyboard or additional / external sim dash type support, lower FFB frequency for steering wheels (and some wheels like T500 not working), no keyboard support or button box compatibility, no motec telemetry export, limited replay duration...

But in my view, it's still a great game on console, I had a lot of fun doing league races and the special events

I see yeah, thanks, so there's quite a bit of differences still, even for ffb.
I read that there is no full cockpit view maybe too on ps4. Maybe it's just more closed in to the dash, and can't move the seating back as you mention.

Last edited:

Don't forget about bigger grid sizes. :)

Should be getting a patch next week, then an update together with British pack DLC late spring (so maybe end of May?).

Next gen update sometime Q4 but we don't know if its gonna be paid or not, I think probably it will be
Alright. That’s not too long now...
I’ll be happy to pay like 40 Euro for that Version day one! What other choice do I really have, owning a PS5 only.

and yes, i do hope for a graphical update, but also important to me: ffb improvements, fov settings!

Alright. That’s not too long now...
I’ll be happy to pay like 40 Euro for that Version day one! What other choice do I really have, owning a PS5 only.

and yes, i do hope for a graphical update, but also important to me: ffb improvements, fov settings!
Nooo, no more money :D I have complete Xbox and PC version. I think I supported not so good console version and finally want something working for it.

is there any source of this approximate release date ? I didn't see any info about it so i wonder where did "Q4" came from.

I see yeah, thanks, so there's quite a bit of differences still, even for ffb.
I read that there is no full cockpit view maybe too on ps4. Maybe it's just more closed in to the dash, and can't move the seating back as you mention.
There's dash, cockpit and helmet cam views on console. No seat adjustment or FOV options mean the cockpit views aren't quite what I'd like, so tend to run dash myself.
Also, due to the resolution being low on PS4 I find the Motec display flickers in cockpit view and looks bad, which isn't fixed on PS5.

Last edited:

In any racing game I played for significant amounts of time, I'm always around 2-3 seconds off the top times as well. The thing is, once you get that close to the top times, it's all about fine precision and accuracy. You're a very fast driver by any standards, and likely you're not lacking in technique. But the top guys just do the basics just that little bit better everywhere. Nurb GP has 12 corners, so your 2.2 second deficit is actually only 0.18 second per corner. That is the level of fine margins we're talking about here.

Depending on what you want to achieve, you can keep trying to push hard, but it will be an exponential curve. Or you could just be like me and accept that you'll never be an alien, and just enjoy racing people of similar skill level :lol:

is there any source of this approximate release date ? I didn't see any info about it so i wonder where did "Q4" came from.
Only the press release that came out with Marco's interview a few months back. Nothing official. But *if* its coming, its unlikely they would be working on it until after the British pack launch which is Q2 so its a reasonable guess that next gen version will take a few months, to push out to late Q3 / early Q4

https://www.gamespress.com/en-GB/ASSETTO-CORSA-FRANCHISE-REACHED-RECORD-LIFETIME-SALES-OF-100-M

Last edited:
Depending on what you want to achieve, you can keep trying to push hard, but it will be an exponential curve. Or you could just be like me and accept that you'll never be an alien, and just enjoy racing people of similar skill level :lol:
You can't beat talent with hard work. It's a good idea to be happy with so good times like you have. Everybody will find the time when he needs to accept his limitations. I am still on the way which is always optimistic :D

You can't beat talent with hard work. It's a good idea to be happy with so good times like you have. Everybody will find the time when he needs to accept his limitations. I am still on the way which is always optimistic :D

My motto is, "hard work beats talent, but only if talent doesn't work hard". The problem is, all those esport aliens have talent, and they do nothing but grind laps all day. No chance for mere mortals like us :lol: Forcing yourself to be competitive when you don't have the skills just takes the fun out of gaming in my opinion. Back when I was a kid there were no internet, no leaderboards. You just play against yourself. You can be the slowest player but you're still having more fun than today. As long as there are still more people behind than in front of me I'm good :D

My motto is, "hard work beats talent, but only if talent doesn't work hard". The problem is, all those esport aliens have talent, and they do nothing but grind laps all day. No chance for mere mortals like us :lol: Forcing yourself to be competitive when you don't have the skills just takes the fun out of gaming in my opinion. Back when I was a kid there were no internet, no leaderboards. You just play against yourself. You can be the slowest player but you're still having more fun than today. As long as there are still more people behind than in front of me I'm good :D
Exactly! You can beat it if talent is lazy. But top players are usually not lazy :D When you are young it's better to tell you can do anything, because nobody knows. But it's a lie. You can do as much as your talent can go.

It's maybe good to tell people it's not about world competition. It's OK to be best in town. Most of leaderboards are world wide which is not good. And it's very good to compete with yourself too, I still like it before going into wilds.

Another thing is I met many good people with some mental illness and without job. You have more time to train then :D It's complicated and should be always put into right context.

There's dash, cockpit and helmet cam views on console. No seat adjustment or FOV options mean the cockpit views aren't quite what I'd like, so tend to run dash myself.
Also, due to the resolution being low on PS4 I find the Motec display flickers in cockpit view and looks bad, which isn't fixed on PS5.

I see yeah, im guessing you can have an overlay on the hud of the same info as on the motec though? Set it on off, cycling thru different hud info displays.

I see yeah, im guessing you can have an overlay on the hud of the same info as on the motec though? Set it on off, cycling thru different hud info displays.
Yeah all the info you need can be put up on the HUD. I think it's just the resolution they fixed for the standard PS4 that causes the flickering, I don't think it's there on Pro, but for some reason the PS5 looks like the base console in terms of graphics, other than the 60fps.

This is another reason I drive in dash view; a bit closer so a bit less blurry out the windscreen.

I don't think there's different HUD data options, only the possibility to turn it off, change position or size etc. But honestly there's enough info even just in the HUD (tyres and controls app) and timing screen for me, the dash has even more if you run that view.

you can run an external dash using something like sim hub to display whatever you like but for me it would just duplicate what you can already get on the screen

Last edited:

Yeah it's same in the original ac on std ps4, the dash panel/dials info aren't clear in cockpit view but nice in dash view.
Even if all info there isn't always necessary, it's still nice yeah to see it clear, it's immersive to see the info on the dash panel itself as in the real cars.

I still prefer cockpit view in general, surely they will fix this on ps5 jeez, a simple up res of the display and/or textures etc.

Hopefully they will do an on par with pc port when the full ps5 version is out. I don't see why the new consoles couldn't.

Also hope that the newly hinted sequel to ac will have a full blown ps5 version, from Kunos itself even.

Just tempting to get it now on ps4, it looks so immersive in cockpit with the feel and sound. I know I'll be thrilled, i love ac.
Did they fix the micro stutter in curves in acc on std ps4?

Last edited:
In any racing game I played for significant amounts of time, I'm always around 2-3 seconds off the top times as well. The thing is, once you get that close to the top times, it's all about fine precision and accuracy. You're a very fast driver by any standards, and likely you're not lacking in technique. But the top guys just do the basics just that little bit better everywhere. Nurb GP has 12 corners, so your 2.2 second deficit is actually only 0.18 second per corner. That is the level of fine margins we're talking about here.

You are so right. Great post. Im also about 2 seconds slower than top 10 times and im fine with that. I noticed that it takes a LOT of time and practice to even be in same second as top players. As for me, im fine with being a bit above average.I accepted that i'll never be sim alien and im ok with that as i really dont wanna spend 8 hours a day practicing.

Edit:Im talking about GT sport not ACC

Last edited:
Back