Assetto Corsa Competizione Early Access Pricing, Dates, & Roadmap Revealed

Literally the second and third paragraph in the article this thread was created for:

Reading: it does wonders. What this has to do with another game entirely is beyond me.
$25 for 1 car and 1 track is ridiculous I don't care that you get the full game for that price after months of updates 1 car and 1 track at a time. This game won't sell expletive

$25 for 1 car and 1 track is ridiculous I don't care that you get the full game for that price after months of updates 1 car and 1 track at a time. This game won't sell expletive

tenor.gif

Day 1 buy for me, and I normally NEVER buy any early access or preorder stuff. That's how much I have faith in Kunos. $25 might sound expensive but you are actually paying less in the long run it's almost a crime. This isn't some shady indie kickstarter that will get stuck in development hell. This is Kunos we're talking about. They WILL deliver the content as promised.

There are only 3 developers that I will pay upfront without any regret (KS, PD and Reiza). These guys deserve it, and I have not had any regret with anything they have put out so far.

Yes it's ridiculously too good to be true you get a full blancpain licensed game for only a $25 investment. Believe it kiddo.

Just as well then that you're not paying 25 for one car and one track. You're paying 25 for the full game with early access. You do not have to buy into EA. You can just buy it for a higher price on release, or not.

Not sure why this is giving you such a trauma to be frank.

Very important information about the pricing. This especially for the doubters and pessimists.

Aristotilis
First things first, Early Access means that you get the opportunity to get early versions of the final game and have a look on the development and evolution of ACC. Obviously, once you bought the EA version, you get all the following updates of the main game for free. On the other hand we, developers, get the opportunity to collect feedback and impressions while we work, from a much bigger testing team the we could ever organize in private.
Read more about it HERE if you have an assetto corsa forum account.

Statement from Marco about what we should expect from EA.

So, the wait is almost over, by Wednesday 12 you can finally have a first taste of what you can expect from Assetto Corsa Competizione. So, what you can expect?

In terms of content, as you might know, the Lamborghini Huracan GT3 and the Nurburgring GP Circuit. As we have done with Ferrari and Porsche before, by 2017 we established a very good partnership also with Automobili Lamborghini and Lamborghini Squadra Corse, and since they won the last Blancpain GT Series Championship, we have been glad to pay them a tribute, allowing our user base to have the Huracan GT3 as first driveable car in the game.

The Nurburgring GP has been choiced as first track for more than one reason: we are going to release the game in the same week of the Blancpain GT Weekend at the Nurburging, so you will have the chance to enjoy the next race even more; also, next week we'll join the Simracing Expo that is organized by ADAC right at Nurburgring circuit, so all the guests will have the chance to play the game at the Expo on the same track. Last but not least, the Nurburgring GP is one of the oldest 3D assets produced for Assetto Corsa 1 in 2012: through the years we improved our modeling and graphics tecniques, and in AC1 some difference in terms of details and visuals between the Nurburgring and the latest tracks like Redbull Ring and Laguna Seca was quite visible. Most of parts and details of the Nurburgring in Assetto Corsa Competizione have been re-made from scratch, so, selecting this circuit for the first release of the new game, you will have the chance to see that that Assetto Corsa Competizione isn't a sort of "copy&paste" operation from AC1, but a completely new game.

In general, except for Nurburgring GP, Monza and the Ferrari 488 GT3, for the Early Access program we wanted to offer to our user base the chance to enjoy the game with cars and tracks not available before, like Misano, Paul Ricard, BMW GT3, Bentley GT3, and so on, and we hope you will like this choice.

Coming back to the first EA build, as opponents for quick races and special events you will not be forced to race only against other Lamborghinis: so you will find also some Ferrari, and Audi cars on the grid. These GT3 have not been completely finalized yet in terms of handling&physics, so you will not able to drive them, but they will add variety and variability to your races, to grant you a lot of fun. The reason is that 1) even if this is a beta, we don't want to make any confusion about what you can expect from AC Competizione in terms of handling, allowing you to drive cars that have been finalized in all its details, and 2) the goal of the Early Access program is not just releasing content, but testing and improving the final version of the game, and proceeding step by step is definetely the best strategy a little team like Kunos (that today employes 22 people) can have. So, the Lamborghini Huracan GT3 is the first one, and I'm sure you will enjoy it.

The first EA Release gives you access to practice, hotlap, hotstint (that, once will be finalized, I believe it will keep you on the seat for long time) and quick races. About weather and track conditions, you will be able to drive at your favourite time on the overall night&day cycle, and different weather conditions (from sunny to storm) will be available as well, except for the dynamic weather (variable conditions) that is still under development. Also, some online special events will be available as well, giving to you the chance to take your place on the online, worldwide, leaderboard (that you asked for years), and to us the chance to start a massive test for the new rating system (that you asked for years too), with the aim to improve and finalize it within the end of the EA Program. At this URL:

https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php…

you can find what the guy behind it, Kevin Stuck, is doing for you.
1f609.png
;)

At this stage, the game is localized in English and Italian [BUT] we'll add more languages during the EA phase OR, at the worse, in time for 1.0 version of the game. We are creating lot of texts for explanations, helps and descriptions to allow you to enjoy the game at the very best, and the translation process isn't easy as you could imagine.

Options, controls and assists
The first EA build includes support for keyboard, gamepad and steering wheels. You can navigate the user interface using mouse and keyboard, but (finally) also using the gamepad or the steering wheel. We'll provide some presets for the most popular steering wheel, and we'll add more profiles during the process. However, if you don't find your steering wheel in the list, don't worry, you just need to configure it manually, since most of the DirectInput controllers detected by Windows are detected by AC Competizione as well.

About the gamepad car control, we worked to provide an improved experience, working on automatic gear algorithms, stability settings and steer assists (if you want to keep the assists on, of course), so that if you don't care / can't purchase / don't have space for a steering wheel, you can enjoy AC Competizione using your gamepad anyway and having fun. In next builds, we'll provide you also more options to customize your gamepad controls at the best, so thank you in advance for your patience.

In terms of options, you will be able to change your system configuration (video, sounds, etc) even during a session, without the need to quit to main menu and load the session again, allowing you to setup your AC Competizione settings at the best.

Let me remind you again, that this version of AC Competizione is just the first one of a 6-month dev program, so if you don't find there what you are looking for in terms of functionalities, content, options, don't worry, we are working on it, and the Early Access Program has been designed also to hear from you, getting your feedback and suggestions.

This is just a little preview of what you can expect to find in the first beta. Let me thank you again for the amazing support you gave us through the years, helping us to improve our simulation more and more. With AC Competizione, we are working really hard to provide you the best racing experience we can achieve, and we hope you will like it. See you on track by Sept. 12!

No, it won't. And that's intentional. They're not targeting the masses. They're looking for a small number of people who trust Kunos to help them test it.

The last thing any developer wants is someone like you to accidentally end up in their early access project. You will by definition be disappointed, and so Kunos has intelligently made sure that the early access is very unappealing to you and people like you.

Buy it at release, if the final game looks fun to you.

Honest question, have you ever participated in an early access title? Because unless the game is being made by a large studio they are usually either bare bones or full of bugs (sometimes both) when they first become available.

Singleplayer is included?? Interesting. Will it be a full career with adjustable difficulties and realism like in Project Cars 1/2 or will it be enforced rules or just single races? Of course, I mean when it'll be fully implemented.

Singleplayer is included?? Interesting. Will it be a full career with adjustable difficulties and realism like in Project Cars 1/2 or will it be enforced rules or just single races? Of course, I mean when it'll be fully implemented.
There's a championship and career mode ( in the final release at least ), I'm curious what they will do to differentiate between the two.

There's a championship and career mode ( in the final release at least ), I'm curious what they will do to differentiate between the two.

I just hope the realism options will be included. I wouldn't wanna get a 20 secs. penalty for the slightest mistake. (I think that's how it was in AC1?)

I may play racing games super often but I'm not remotely even close to being an intermediate.

€25 for 1 track+1 car :lol:
It's a bargain, IMO they should charge more for early access. Probably some teams / manufacturers have spent millions on worse simulations before so incredible simulation value this represents! Impressive how far Kunos has come with such a small team, I think secretly they have a team of Oompa Loompas working in the background. :lol:

Guys, maybe we should stop calling out these people who don't get it with the price, apparently they don't even look here anymore. Simple trolls if y'all ask me.

What about the others cars? We get only Lambo and Nurb? On each release we get 1 car, so there will be 6 of them? What about the cars we already saw on ingame screenshots, I'm talking about Porsche, Mercedes, McLaren, Audi etc. There is also nothing about other tracks.

Did you even read the article? It clearly states what will be released with each build...

I don't even have to think twice about signing up. I never got AC, but since I've driven on the track in real life, Project Cars feels absolutely nothing like the real thing, so I'm hoping to get a better experience from ACC.

I never got AC, but...

No but's, you really should try Assetto Corsa, as it offers in the Ultimate Edition which you can get for around 18€ more variety in terms of cars than ACC and to this day industry-leading physics together with iRacing and rFactor 2. To me having AC is a must for a sim racing gamer :)
You do miss out if you don't have it, especially for this low price :)

It's a bargain, IMO they should charge more for early access. Probably some teams / manufacturers have spent millions on worse simulations before so incredible simulation value this represents! Impressive how far Kunos has come with such a small team, I think secretly they have a team of Oompa Loompas working in the background. :lol:

It's a little known fact that Oompa Loompas were actually genetically engineered to be perfectly logical, and are therefore amazing at programming.

Its ridiculous complaining about 25 bucks for a realistic car simulator...I will buy it after midnight CET XD

I think I'll buy it right now!

I'll be jumping in Tomorrow or Friday. I can't wait!

Honest question, have you ever participated in an early access title? Because unless the game is being made by a large studio they are usually either bare bones or full of bugs (sometimes both) when they first become available.

Cough... Cough... Bethesda... RPG... Cough... Cough!

Ahem... That did the trick! I was taken by surprise by this while drinking water. Darn it all...

Now I got water in the windpipe.

For the most part, you're right, but the big developers have been rather scummy as of late. Releasing games that seem to have been anything but play tested, or partial releases, or having their titles chock full-o Microtransactions (even building the game around Microtransactions).

Kunos didn't pull any of those craptastic practices yet, so I don't have a problem getting in on their Early Access to this title. Now if that changes, then I will respond accordingly. Lets hope KS stays straight forward with us.

Last edited:
Did you even read the article? It clearly states what will be released with each build...

I don't even have to think twice about signing up. I never got AC, but since I've driven on the track in real life, Project Cars feels absolutely nothing like the real thing, so I'm hoping to get a better experience from ACC.

The cars that I mentioned are not in each build release as you can see. Nevermind, I found the information that these cars will be released with v.1.0

Yes, all tracks, cars and features not mentioned in the roadmap will obviously come with the full game release. Unless they change their mind and give us a surprise present a little earlier. :)

So is the price going up on AC Competizione? I just got AC over the weekend and i figured i'd buy this one aswell and let it sit in my steam library until I upgrade my PC to run it at max settings

As a tool for future use follow this website for discounts. https://isthereanydeal.com/game/assettocorsacompetizione/info/

Every website goes through a very strict vetting process so its all secure and kunos get their money at the end of the day. Also remember to check the vouchers at the bottom.

Also regarding the price increase its better to do it now, the discounts on steam sales will likely be 25% or lower until release so you are better off getting it now.

Back