Assetto Corsa Competizione Looking Good in Latest Batch of Screenshots

Has there ever been such thing as bullshots on a PC focused/exclusive title? Are bullshots even possible on PC? Unlike consoles, limited in nature, where publishers can pretend it's going to produce graphics which were actually rendered by a monster PC, the only limit with PCs is the size of your bank account.

Irrespectively, UE4 has been capable and already produced more realistic graphics than these shots, for a few years too I figure, so I'm confident these are the graphics we'll be getting (likely at ultra settings). Here's a bit of UE4 sexiness:

My computer got hung up just looking at the video. Now I need a new PC. I can't wait for the PC2 to be announced. I'm going to Pre-order that $*#! on day one. PC is the best box. Master-Race fo lyfe! (LOL)

I think VBR is more taking the wait and see approach due to the hype of another racing title that showed pretty little pictures, but ended up lacking in certain areas. And truthfully, he's got the right idea. As much as I enjoy seeing the progress, I am not going to work myself into a froth over the title before I get some hands on with it. Now, that's not to say that I cannot enjoy the eye candy in the mean time.

When I saw the livery on that Huracan I thought of the Mazda 787B.
It is the official livery of the GRT Grasser Racing Team #63 car in the Blancpain Series.
timthumb.php

I think there's still a bit too much reflection off of damp tarmac. PC2 has this too. Not enough wet in GTS to be sure (what little there is is VERY wet, which is kinda realistic with regard to reflections, IMO), but go outside when it's sprinkling... Until the road surface is close to slick (and there's little wind), you really don't see much detail in the reflections, just a general blurriness. There's a mirror-like quality to most of these racing games' reflections that I don't find realistic at all.

When I look at the full-sized version of that last photo (Brands Hatch downhill) I swear I could close my eyes and feel that newish pavement surface on my fingertips...

I like the concept of one series of cars and do it very well. Never felt the need to drive as many cars as Jay Leno. PC2 tried to do too much and is a bugfest.

Hopefully graphics and UI will be improved over AC as well. Time will tell.

Last edited:
I agree with you and choose quality over quantity when it comes to cars.
I drive 2 cars in rFactor 2, only 1 in iracing and 3-4 in AC anymore.

The key to great sim racing is finding a few cars to dial in, now tracks are a different story. The more options, the better.

I agree with you and choose quality over quantity when it comes to cars.
I drive 2 cars in rFactor 2, only 1 in iracing and 3-4 in AC anymore.

The key to great sim racing is finding a few cars to dial in, now tracks are a different story. The more options, the better.
Whilst I agree. In AC there are too many great cars to ignore. Currently trying to tame the F40.

I agree, i also have only a couple of cars i drive regularly in AC.
Love the 911R on Brands Hatch or Laguna Seca, the GT3 RS on the Red Bull Ring and 812 Superfast on Spa and Monza. The downshifts on the 812 are a thing to behold. Those 9000 RPM on these cars never get old.
Also special shoutout to the naturally aspirated E92 M3. A thing of beauty. I prefer it over the current M4.

I agree, i also have only a couple of cars i drive regularly in AC.
Love the 911R on Brands Hatch or Laguna Seca, the GT3 RS on the Red Bull Ring and 812 Superfast on Spa and Monza. The downshifts on the 812 are a thing to behold. Those 9000 RPM on these cars never get old.
Also special shoutout to the naturally aspirated E92 M3. A thing of beauty. I prefer it over the current M4.
Just too many cars to single out for me. Love all those cars you mentioned. Love the downshifts on the 812. Very few cars I don't enjoy driving the.

Back