Assetto Corsa Competizione should have been a Xbox Series X/PS5 game.

• Thread starter GTxForza
  • 31 comments
Australia
Australia
Dear petrol heads in Assetto Corsa Competizione board

Well, it's about 1 week after the release of Assetto Corsa Competizione for Xbox One/PS4 and here is my opinion on this:

I've heard this game runs on 30fps (which makes it a little bit unplayable for a sim racing standards), due to console hardware limitations plus the game's graphics is sort of in-between low to medium settings, also I hope this game will get re-released for Xbox Series X/PS5.

Last edited:
and leave out millions of potential customers that are available right now? The timing would be bad and I think when people buy the new consoles they are more picky with the games because they just spent a big amount of money on the console. So I think most just buy the first big AAA games.

I don't know if the consoles are backward compatible with PS4 and xbox games. They also could release a pumped up version of ACC for the new consoles (maybe with a free upgrade code or discount if you already bought it on the current gen)

Assetto Corsa Competizione should of have been a Xbox Series X/PS5 game.
here is why I reckon this game should of have been released
That made my brain punch a wall in frustration.
Isn’t ps5 going to have backwards compatibility to PS4 games?
No. Or at least not definitively - any game submitted for publication on PlayStation after July 13 must be PS5 compatible and support PS5 compatibility with each patch. Before that date it's not an obligation, though - as Cerny said - the overwhelming majority of the top 100 PS4 games will already function on PS5, and that's likely to extend to the wider range of PS4 titles too.

Apart from backwards compatibility, I believe Kunos and 505 Games will publish a full improved version, more like the PC version (until 50 cars per race, uprated fps) in PS5 and XBox X.

But why not to profit some money with current generation hardware, and they even put it at a very reasonable price, release wise.

It's usual policy in other range of games having different versions of games in terms of performance and even game modes, for different platforms (like EA Sports FIFA/NBA or 2k Sports NBA 2k or Konami PES)

Also sounds like OP hasnt even played it on console.
For me, I'd rather buy it on PC and I've played the original Assetto Corsa on PC before.

One day I need to upgrade my CPU to run it.

Edit: Don't get me wrong, I don't hate console version on most games.

For me, I'd rather buy it on PC and I've played the original Assetto Corsa on PC before.

One day I need to upgrade my CPU to run it.

Edit: Don't get me wrong, I don't hate console version on most games.
The 30fps isn't ideal but after a short while the driving takes over and it's not so bad. The more severe problem is the frame pacing and stuttering randomly.

Why? Just because you say so? Have you even played it on console yet? Well I for one am glad they didn't listen to you and I am sure there many other console players who feel the same as me. The game is perfectly playable for me on ps4 and I am using the bog standard ps4. Been playing since release and have had a blast and have met some good racers. The physics are great and the tracks feel great and I do not think it looks that bad at all. I have seen lots of the PC players trying to dissuade people on console from buying it. It is almost like they don't want anybody else experiencing the game.. I am glad I did not listen to the complete negative reviews and gave it a chance and I am certainly glad they released game for consoles. In all realities Kunos is not a huge company and I am glad to support them especially when they are trying to take into consideration console race fans. The devs are really open and friendly to their fans as well. At the end of day FUN is what is supposed to had and I am having FUN playing it. That's all that matters. Don't like the specs of the game on console? Easy solution is to not buy it instead of demoralizing and complaining and looking down on the console gamers who are enjoying the game.

Well, it's about 1 week after the release of Assetto Corsa Competizione for Xbox One/PS4 and here is my opinion on this:

I've heard this game runs on 30fps (which makes it a little bit unplayable for a sim racing standards), due to console hardware limitations plus the game's graphics is sort of in-between low to medium settings, also I hope this game will get re-released for Xbox Series X/PS5.

Did you play it yet?

It feels amazing and you forget about frames soon enough.

Heard what it does and knowing what it does are not the same thing I'm afraid.. The correct thing to say is.. It should come out on both generations.. It's by far and away as it stands today the best racing simulator on consoles and for that I'm thankful it did come to current generation.

I bought the game on PS4 knowing it had issues because I want to support the developer. Is there any hope for the frame rate to turn around drastically? Either on this gen or next? How much can a developer adjust the frame rate through a patch? I wouldn’t mind waiting for next gen, I’m just curious how optimistic I should be.

Xbox series X has already stated that all previous Xbox games will be playable on the new console with higher frame rates up to 120 in some games ,so ACC will be much better on the new Xbox series x..

Isn’t ps5 going to have backwards compatibility to PS4 games?

Yes PS5 is backwards compatible but it's up to the developer to patch the frame rate up for PS5. I'm sure that because it'll still be well and truly under development at PS5 release that they will do it. Probably struggle to get loyal customers if they didn't, I'm not concerned about that happening.

The game is perfectly playable on PS4. Yes. I love it.

BUT. If they are going to make PS5 version i will buy it again. I hope they will do this. 60FPS would be great and increasing number of cars on track and it will be 10/10. And maybe maybe... PSVR support? I would forget about all other racing game if they do this.

Xbox series X has already stated that all previous Xbox games will be playable on the new console with higher frame rates up to 120 in some games ,so ACC will be much better on the new Xbox series x..
As long as Kunos update the engine to allow for those increased framerates.

yeah. game is great really is. It is incredible that it is so good even despite it's technical flaws. I hope it sells well and Kunos will have reasons to make it on next gens.

I also hope that Assetto Corsa 2 will take advantage from ACC physics.
Is there an AC2 already being developed?

As long as Kunos update the engine to allow for those increased framerates.

This. This is the big if. The game will be playable on Series X, but will Kunos actually put in the time to take advantage of it? If the series X can unlock the framerate that’s great, but I imagine it’s not that simple for every game

I would think that on the new consoles, porting acc over would be a lot simpler for them with the more powerful hardware.

Its like buying a size 4 dress for a fat chick that should be wearing a size 16.

The ps5 and new xbox would at least be more like fitting a size 6 chick into a size 4 dress

The 30fps isn't ideal but after a short while the driving takes over and it's not so bad. The more severe problem is the frame pacing and stuttering randomly.

I got rid of the stuttering issue by doing a database rebuild and setting my tv to GAME mode. smooth as you like now.

I have to say I agree with the OP. I fired it up for the first time tonight on PS4 and lasted 2 Laps of Bathurst. The graphics and frame rate are unbearable, particularly coming from GT Sport.

Disappointing as I had such high hopes for it. Will be trading in as soon as F1 2020 is released.

I've been playing it solidly since release and have to say that I'm glad they didn't wait.

It's not perfect, but it is playable and the limitations with the frame-rate aside it has the best physics, FFB and AI of any racing title on the PS4, and as such makes me more than happy.

More so given the news that SMS appear to have turned PC3 into a Shift reboot rather than a motorsport sandbox as the last two titles were, as that will not hold my time as much, however ACC certainly is.

Back