Assetto Corsa Competizione "The Land of the Free" DLC Arrives June 30 on PC

So sad that they dont have PC and PS5 both on patch 1.8

Why is there like 1 year difference ?

But over 6 months? Why?

ACC is built on Unreal Engine, which allows developers to build code on all those platforms with the same codebase. There are no fundamental hardware architecture differences, both PS5 and Xbox Series are basically PCs with AMD x86 Zen 2 CPUs and RDNA 2 GPUs. Any low level kernel differences will most probably be handled by the Unreal Engine itself.

What I assume happened is that Untold Games forked Kunos' ACC 1.7 PC code and wrote all the necessary console-specific code. Kunos continued to evolve the PC code into version 1.8. If that code contains many breaking changes, which it seems like it does, Untold can't apply those same changes automatically. They have two choices: manually applying those 1.8 changes over the console-specific code they wrote, or re-writing the console-specific code again from scratch using ACC 1.8 PC codebase as starting point. From those options, it appears they chose the former.

Of course, the software industry has best practices for these scenarios which would solve the issues, but applying those might have meant more work and delays for Kunos on their PC efforts than they probably wanted to implement.

Well that's certainly something I didn't know. I assumed, like the greater majority of game engines, that the code was platform unique. Now, it sounds more like there's unique strings or data sets with the underlying code being the same.

Very interesting. With more and more console ports coming to PC, I'm beginning to treat things like Horizon: Zero Dawn which admittedly isn't the best attitude about things. For those unaware (not aiming this at you, specifically btw), PC launch HZD was essentially running on PC hardware in an emulated PS4 environment, down to the game logic thinking it was running on an APU, hence why performance on something like an RTX 2080 Ti or even a 3070 today is so...unimpressive.

Appreciate the info!
Theres also the fact that 1.8 was one years worth of work.

I’m not gonna share the screenshot just yet as I want to confirm the source first, but there’s a possibility we’re getting more than just 3 tracks.

I’m a little skeptical that it’s accurate cause they only teased 3 tracks in the video. If there were more tracks I’d think they’d tease them all. Will keep y’all posted.

Update: confirmed it was a dud

My suspense lasted for all of 0.3 seconds.

Watkins Glen alone gave me a reason to get into this game again.

The tracks look great, especially compared to iRacing. Looking forward to getting on track.

I’ll be holding a lobby for all 3 track tomorrow at 8pm eastern. Trying to get rid of some G-Portal credits lol

Even though I’m on console, I love the choppiness of the suspension movement, from in-car view. Seems like I experience it more in AC than ACC.

Just did laps on watkins glen in pc2, what a good track, makes me envy experiencing it in acc.
In pcars2 i just don't feel like im driving on the edge of losing control, it slides so gradually, controllably, compared to like in ac.
I should have bought acc on sale last time, 20$, even if on ps4 it be worth it probably.
Edit: i wonder if the short track version is included? It's a fun one too.
Edit2: just back in ac more, trying the 911 gt3 cup, in vallelunga classic, which maybe is one of the tracks that ressembles a little watkins in base ac.
And it's also the feel of momentum, inertia, mass, that helps make it feel like on the edge, especially when changing direction from left to right and vice versa, plus with the grip edge feel,on the limit, more refined too.
And then you feel the mass of the car dancing over bumps, and fighting to regain grip.
Anyways, pretty good feel for me.

Cheers.

Last edited:
I should have bought acc on sale last time, 20$, even if on ps4 it be worth it probably.
Just in case, Watkins Glen is only available on PC right now and will come in the future to PS5 and Xbox Series. It won't be released on ACC PS4.
Edit: i wonder if the short track version is included? It's a fun one too.
No, just the full layout, including the boot.

Last edited:
Just in case, Watkins Glen is only available on PC right now and will come in the future to PS5 and Xbox Series. It won't be released on ACC PS4.

No, just the full layout, including the boot.
Thanks friend, yeah i know i wouldn't have watkins glen until i upgrade, but still, im sure ill love acc, plenty other cool tracks too of course. Cheers.

How's this game's career mode? Is there a photomode?
You start with Lamborghini youngster programme on Monza with 3 stints (on Dry, wet and night) ,so the game will set your ability/ AI level .
Then you can sign up for the sro World GT challenge championship with one of the cars offered and play the championship... that's it.

There's no photomode and replay's lengths are around the last 3 minutes.

How's this game's career mode? Is there a photomode?

You start with Lamborghini youngster programme on Monza with 3 stints (on Dry, wet and night) ,so the game will set your ability/ AI level .
Then you can sign up for the sro World GT challenge championship with one of the cars offered and play the championship... that's it.

There's no photomode and replay's lengths are around the last 3 minutes.
On console it is true that you have no photomode and replay lengths are capped, however if @ICEYOU3 is looking at PC them it does have (a rough) photomode with free cam, and replays are not capped.

Shame it seems so not optimized on new consoles, and still not fixed. With new consoles and 3 min replay, plus no free cam, not too acceptable to me, sigh..

I dont know if they ever will fix it all, should have started over from pc version when they switched dev for the port, not go on with the messy 1st port.

Was thinking to get it even on ps4, on sale, but it's the base game only too, and no bundle, and dlcs cost a good bunch.

They should really get their act together, they keep saying consoles are a big sales part of their revenue etc, like in the latest interview with traxion,gg, but then...

No excuse, get a good porting dev and let them use any they need.

Edit: newgen should have saved replays even, unlike most racing games on ps4 gen. Skipping to a specific lap etc.

Last edited:
On console it is true that you have no photomode and replay lengths are capped, however if @ICEYOU3 is looking at PC them it does have (a rough) photomode with free cam, and replays are not capped.
I now, pc has kind of phomode and full replays (Also better suport,less issues,less bugs, kunos directly envolved... diferent world as acc consoles)

No. Literally no SRO series race at the Nordschleife, and the entire point of the game is that it covers SRO series.

Marco has straight-up said this - including in an interview with us.
Perfect example of why I will never like ACC as much as AC. I'm very anti limitations and pro variety when it comes to racing games but I understand why some people might enjoy the realism of a sim representing 1 series. I still don't think it hurts the game to have additional tracks just for the fun of it. Different strokes...

Perfect example of why I will never like ACC as much as AC. I'm very anti limitations and pro variety when it comes to racing games but I understand why some people might enjoy the realism of a sim representing 1 series. I still don't think it hurts the game to have additional tracks just for the fun of it. Different strokes...
I don't disagree, but I want them to keep adding more tracks that are offical SRO ones before they start throwing things in like the Ring. I do wonder how they got to scan the US tracks when they said they couldn't get to France to do Magny Cours...

I bought the DLC that's on sale on the PS Store and now the British track DLC has become unavailable on the PS5 & PS4 versions

I don't disagree, but I want them to keep adding more tracks that are offical SRO ones before they start throwing things in like the Ring. I do wonder how they got to scan the US tracks when they said they couldn't get to France to do Magny Cours...
Yup,magny cours would be great.
And the Spanish track of Valencia, as also scan zaandvoort again, so we could have really the last 2 SRO world challenge championships.

Back