Assetto Corsa EVO Early Access Discussion Thread

  • Thread starter Thread starter Famine
  • 1,354 comments
  • 303,068 views
I mean it looks wonderful and it will be a unique experience to take the cars on real roads with proper physics but other than Time Attack ( which I personally love ) I’m not really sure if it won’t get very repetitive very quickly 🤔
 
For players like me, who neither create nor use mods, nor have the inclination of getting a driving rig, the gameplay I ultimately could get from EVO may be very limited (I may have to get into mods). Still, I don't regret the early investment.
 
Last edited:
Looks fascinating. Just hope it doesn't take forever to reach consoles.
 
They spent most of that video trying to convince me that it's a good thing there's no economy or limits in what I can do and it's like OK? But I wanted there to be?

At no point when they were adding free-roam & a career did I think that it would be 100% gated by content. I always expected there to be a freeplay mode that lets you skip all of that if you want and just drive whatever you like. Can't trick me into thinking that it's suddenly a good thing to have less gameplay options.
Honestly, how much does an economy improve gameplay for something like AC EVO and its open world? I don’t think we need another Horizon or Crew.

My example would be NoHesi. As much as I hate that steaming pile of garbage and it’s community, it’s a perfect example of how the community has found its own way of doing things, all with no need for a managed economy, and a mostly competitive and player dictated scoring system. With modding support on AC Evo, I could see some interesting additions being made by the community.

I don’t think Kunos is trying to trick people - I do feel they’re building out a system that could be a response to the removal of career mode in the roadmap, something akin to the modding support of BeamNg.

Modding support is a net benefit to Kunos and the player; players get freedom, Kunos gets data to better inform their decisions, and in this case, they recognized career mode, or even a poorly implemented one, would have been an overall poor experience to include.

I’d like to mention it’s also in Early Access. There’s a lot that needs to be done and a lot to likely change
 
Last edited:
Honestly, how much does an economy improve gameplay for something like AC EVO and its open world? I don’t think we need another Horizon or Crew.

My example would be NoHesi. As much as I hate that steaming pile of garbage and it’s community, it’s a perfect example of how the community has found its own way of doing things, all with no need for a managed economy, and a mostly competitive and player dictated scoring system. With modding support on AC Evo, I could see some interesting additions being made by the community.

I don’t think Kunos is trying to trick people - I do feel they’re building out a system that could be a response to the removal of career mode in the roadmap, something akin to the modding support of BeamNg.

Modding support is a net benefit to Kunos and the player; players get freedom, Kunos gets data to better inform their decisions, and in this case, they recognized career mode, or even a poorly implemented one, would have been an overall poor experience to include.

I’d like to mention it’s also in Early Access. There’s a lot that needs to be done and a lot to likely change
While i agree we need to wait for the end result on AC Evo, ATS and ETS2 have freeroam, modding support AND a career mode. Currently, they are better >games< than AC Evo in probably all objective metrics apart from latest graphics and physics.

And that's ignoring the fact that they've just added cars to ATS and coaches are imminent on ETS2.

The point being raised endlessly is that it is not necessity for it to be a case of either freeplay or career, there already exist lots of examples of both. Kunos don't seem to have the resource to do both.
 
Back