Assetto corsa please give me your reviews

I have Sony PS 2, PS3 and PS4 pro, and every single GRAN TURISMO game for those device. After years of playing just GT I have decided to threat my self with some new driving games. I have bought DRIVE CLUB and ASSETTO CORSA. I must say neither of those are EVEN CLOSE to GT in any level! Steering in AC with dualshock 4 is just TERRIBLE!!!!

Agreed that’s why everyone uses a wheel.
GT is not EVEN CLOSE to AC with driving feel. Physics in GT is just TERRIBLE!!!!

Last edited:
Agreed that’s why every uses a wheel.
GT is not EVEN CLOSE to AC with driving feel. Physics in GT is just TERRIBLE!!!!

Is it possible to somehow set dualshock to be able to play this game? Cars are not turning when I steer with authomatic gears change it doesnot downshift when bteaking... Can ny one help, please?

What is best steering wheel for AC?

I don’t know about controllers haven’t used them for years but for wheels direct drive is the best.

If you are on a budget like most of us are something simple like a Thrustmaster T150 or Logitech G29 can get you started cheap.

I’ve been running Fanatec products for a decade and love them, currently have the CSL elite and quite happy with it.

I tend to spend money more on keeping my PC and monitors upgraded than on wheels and pedals.

I don’t know about controllers haven’t used them for years but for wheels direct drive is the best.

If you are on a budget like most of us are something simple like a Thrustmaster T150 or Logitech G29 can get you started cheap.

I’ve been running Fanatec products for a decade and love them, currently have the CSL elite and quite happy with it.

I tend to spend money more on keeping my PC and monitors upgraded than on wheels and pedals.
Thank you

The Pros: Mod support on PC. That's great! Car detail is excellent. Track detail is okay.

The Cons: I still don't fully care for the physics model, but maybe that's just the mods. It has that same awful rigid chase camera that GT Sport has which I actually hate. The world detail is PS2 era and I'm sorry, but this is where the game looses a lot of points for me. Every other racing game takes care in the trackside stuff, too, to help with immersion, but Kunos has decided NOT to do that at all. They spent all that time and effort on making the cars and the track surface, but didn't give any love to the sidelines. And it really breaks that immersion to racing on a highly detail track with GT4 scenery on the sides. I feel like converting everything to NFS II graphics would make it feel better. At least the car details would match the scenery.

I feel like the mindset was "you're going too fast to notice" but...that's just not true. If anything, I'd say the track side trees and scenery are just as important because, they can act as breaking points and you are still glaring at that scenery and if it looks like something from 20 years ago, that's just bad. You're gonna notice that. Other than that, it's good. Solid 6/10. I still say Assetto Corsa is one of the worst sims. But it does have mod support, so it's not completely terrible.

Back