Assetto Corsa Porsche Pack Volume 2 & Red Pack Land on Consoles This January

Oh well. I hoped we would see the 2nd pack this year. Early January doesent sound bad and its good to hear the red pack is finally scheduled, too. But im still disappointed we wont see any more Porsche this year - on consoles...

Any news for PS4 Pro support would have been nice, too...

Oh well. I hoped we would see the 2nd pack this year. Early January doesent sound bad and its good to hear the red pack is finally scheduled, too. But im still disappointed we wont see any more Porsche this year - on consoles...

Any news for PS4 Pro support would have been nice, too...
Kunos don't seem to confident in PS4 Pro at the moment..
Here you have some more information in this interview to Marco Massarutto some weeks ago.

About the news...well a little disappointed that they delayed PP2, but at least it comes together with RP.. 14 cars,1 laserscaned track with 2 configurations and the Porsche Cayenne as free car..

Let's also see what new and which fixes brings the next update

I'm glad you guys are finally getting the Red Pack (lots of great stuff in there) and I'd like to apologize in advance for the SF-15T.

You'll soon find out why.

I'm glad you guys are finally getting the Red Pack (lots of great stuff in there) and I'd like to apologize in advance for the SF-15T.

You'll soon find out why.
I am so looking forward to the SF-15T but am a little wary as a few people have said things like that. It will be hugely fast and complicated to use, but is it that bad to operate on the move?

I am so looking forward to the SF-15T but am a little wary as a few people have said things like that. It will be hugely fast and complicated to use, but is it that bad to operate on the move?

There's nothing "bad" about it by any stretch of the imagination. It's more or less a combination of setting it up properly, followed by the practice laps – never again will you drive a racing machine around a track in what feels like a blistering lap only to discover there's still so much time left to find.

It's a brilliant feeling that literally no other racing game I've ever played has come close to emulating.

Kunos don't seem to confident in PS4 Pro at the moment..
Here you have some more information in this interview to Marco Massarutto some weeks ago.

About the news...well a little disappointed that they delayed PP2, but at least it comes together with RP.. 14 cars,1 laserscaned track with 2 configurations and the Porsche Cayenne as free car..

Let's also see what new and which fixes brings the next update

I know about that interview. Sounds to me they are considering Pro support. For me, this is a no brainer. 4k, supersampling, better frame rate... its all possible.

There's nothing "bad" about it by any stretch of the imagination. It's more or less a combination of setting it up properly, followed by the practice laps – never again will you drive a racing machine around a track in what feels like a blistering lap only to discover there's still so much time left to find.

It's a brilliant feeling that literally no other racing game I've ever played has come close to emulating.
I didn't feel like doing all the homework, and just drove it stock so far (kinda cancels out any online racing with people that did bother to configure the car, and use all of its systems).

:P

Can you give a quick run down on your button mapping and what button you use when?

I know about that interview. Sounds to me they are considering Pro support. For me, this is a no brainer. 4k, supersampling, better frame rate... its all possible.
4K..Well upscaled from 1800p maximum.. I don't see achieve Assetto a native 4K resolution at 60Fps..
It will be better to stay like some games are doing in 1080p, stabilise the 60fps and add more graphic details..

Apart of this, i don't care much about pro,cause i dont gonna buy a 4K TV any soon,my 1080 HDTV is only 3 year old and the 4K technology needs work, more on the TVs cause some suffers "ghosting" and an increased input lag even in the "game modes".
And sony said that in online modes the framerate of the game has to be the same in both versions PS4 & PS4 Pro.

And also hope that first at all they keep to improve the basis game on the regular PS4

That sounds fantastic. I just wish they'd have managed to get those packs out before the holidays so I could find some time for them. I know, small team etc. :grumpy:

4K..Well upscaled from 1800p maximum.. I don't see achieve Assetto a native 4K resolution at 60Fps..
It will be better to stay like some games are doing in 1080p, stabilise the 60fps and add more graphic details..

Apart of this, i don't care much about pro,cause i dont gonna buy a 4K TV any soon,my 1080 HDTV is only 3 year old and the 4K technology needs work, more on the TVs cause some suffers "ghosting" and an increased input lag even in the "game modes".
And sony said that in online modes the framerate of the game has to be the same in both versions PS4 & PS4 Pro.

I have bought a Pro and a Samsung KS7590 TV, 4K works great. No ghosting and in game mode there is an 23 ms input lag - perfect for games. You dont really need native 4k because checkerboard upscaling works wonders , digital foundry covered that. As for the frame rate... yes, Sony said there should be the same fps on all plattforms, but in truth, this is not the case. Most PS4 games being advertised as 60 fps reach only 40~50 fps in average. There is nothing wrong with a Pro Version reaching full 60 fps. Battlefield 1 is the perfect example, you get better frame rates on Pro, and yes, in multiplayer. I experienced it myself, and you will also benefit from the higher resolution and cleaner image. I think Assetto Corsa could benefit greatly from the Pro.

The only thing thats tricky right now and needs more work is HDR.

I have bought a Pro and a Samsung KS7590 TV, 4K works great. No ghosting and in game mode there is an 23 ms input lag - perfect for games. You dont really need native 4k because checkerboard upscaling works wonders , digital foundry covered that. As for the frame rate... yes, Sony said there should be the same fps on all plattforms, but in truth, this is not the case. Most PS4 games being advertised as 60 fps reach only 40~50 fps in average. There is nothing wrong with a Pro Version reaching full 60 fps. Battlefield 1 is the perfect example, you get better frame rates on Pro, and yes, in multiplayer. I experienced it myself, and you will also benefit from the higher resolution and cleaner image. I think Assetto Corsa could benefit greatly from the Pro.

The only thing thats tricky right now and needs more work is HDR.
👍 good thing that you don't get ghosting, a friend got a Samsung UHD curved and in the main menu he got the problem, and he finds that he got also a bit more input lag than with his old HDTV..
I realy don't see the clear benefits for buying me a Pro, not all games benefits from the little extra performance, and games like the witcher 3 already said that they don't gonna make a Pro update..
The checkerboard is a good system from Sony, but i prefer 1080p with solid +60 fps and a bit more detailed graphics than more resolution really..
There are lots of games that still struggles to achieve 60fps in 1080p

Don't find it fair for the more of 40 millions of standard PS4 players that the Pro players get a little boost in online multiplayer...

I will keep my standard PS4, and after that i sure will move on to PC...because if every 2 years the makes an upgraded model...well,for that i prefer open hardware where you can use all wheels you want, moding etc.

But that's my opinion, what's also strange is that in Japan, the standard Slim PS4 sell out the Pro version with some great advantage :eek:

Enjoy your pro! And hopefully you guys get an good upgrade! But only after improved and added some needed features and options globally:cheers::D

I didn't feel like doing all the homework, and just drove it stock so far (kinda cancels out any online racing with people that did bother to configure the car, and use all of its systems).

:P

Can you give a quick run down on your button mapping and what button you use when?

I haven't driven the car in a while, but I do remember switching between the keyboard and the shifter/button box the G27 comes with. As for what mapping and when, I always set it to Hotlap mode and went from there.

I'll make a note somewhere to jot down what I do next time I'm behind the wheel of that terrifying thing. 👍

That sounds fantastic. I just wish they'd have managed to get those packs out before the holidays so I could find some time for them. I know, small team etc. :grumpy:

Hey, I'm right there with you. I wish both Sony and MS' approval processes weren't so... inconvenient. Kunos patches the game fairly consistently on PC, with problems popping up in new updates generally being tended to the same day or within 24 hours.

Back