AC Time Attack Challenge 2.0 - see post #590 for a link to a Boxing Day event with the Alfa GTA

Well, I'm not posting a time... I cant set the turbo boost anywhere, the number keys, including the numpad, dont work... RSR isnt working for me neither after the reset. With the default turbo boost the car starts with i did 1.52, so whatever...

Well, I'm not posting a time... I cant set the turbo boost anywhere, the number keys, including the numpad, dont work... RSR isnt working for me neither after the reset. With the default turbo boost the car starts with i did 1.52, so whatever...
As jimi says, there's no turbo. Don't worry about RSR, just take a screenshot as you exit and post it here.

The way to increase power output is by increasing the Power Limiter to 108 in the car setup. There is no on the fly adjustment.

b0311de8-6995-4dde-8d7c-96b7c3fba323_zpsxfr0wq9k.jpg

Found six tenths. Felt a pretty good lap for me, might try again tomorrow, but am happy to get in to the 45s.

For those curious, there is a McLaren M23-5 mod over at RaceDepartment that'd be a direct competitor to the 312T, it's just as fun, if not more fun than the Ferrari, and in brief solo-testing, only a little slower atm on its default setup.

I did finally 'get to grips' with driving the Ferrari today, good ol' heel-n-toe practice, but haven't gone any faster yet, but there's still tomorrow, and I'll probably give Penso's tune a try, while tinkering with the McLaren on the side.
(Seriously, it's got really good FFB)

Last edited:
For those curious, there is a McLaren M23-5 mod over at RaceDepartment that'd be a direct competitor to the 312T, it's just as fun, if not more fun than the Ferrari, and in brief solo-testing, only a little slower atm on its default setup.

I did finally 'get to grips' with driving the Ferrari today, good ol' heel-n-toe practice, but haven't gone any faster yet, but there's still tomorrow, and I'll probably give Penso's tune a try, while tinkering with the McLaren on the side.
(Seriously, it's got really good FFB)
I drove that M23 months ago and really liked it. Guaranteed a full second improvement with that tune:sly:.

I'm debating whether to make the jump to W10 today. If I do I'm going to post next weeks combo ahead of that just in case.

Hmm...I'll have to check and see if I have anything else running that might have taken control of F8. I don't think so, off the top of my head, but you never know. Thanks for the suggestion! I've just been pressing Print Screen and then pasting into Photoshop the last couple of times that F8 didn't work for me.
I usually do Print Screen then paste in Paint to save.
I don't know if it was the combination of SLS and Zandavoort, or just one of the two, but I did not enjoy driving that round at all. I really like the look of the SLS...I always have. Yet, for some reason, I had a very difficult time getting that car to perform.
Reminded me of playing GT5.
Looks like this combination is scaring off a few people:nervous::nervous:. If you haven't tried it yet, give it a spin, don't be intimidated by this car, especially with the tune I posted. It carries big slip angles quite easily and it's quite controllable with the throttle.
I find this combo really tempting that I may buy the DLC and give this a quick go.

I find this combo really tempting that I may buy the DLC and give this a quick go.
It is great fun to get those big fat tires spinning in 3rd gear:crazy:

I found this weeks combo really difficult! Great fun! But, for me, hard to be consistant.:crazy:
Well done everyone! :cheers:View attachment 480186
I was going to disquality you for using a blue Ferrari:yuck::yuck: but I'll let it go...this time:sly:

2015-11-15_00001.jpg

Went slightly faster with a few tweaks to my own setup, but finding my own driving to not be very consistent today. (Probably not helping I'm hopping around sim-to-sim and car-to-car lately :rolleyes:)

Tried your tune Johnny, it feels more solid on corner-entry, but the rest of the time I felt slower with it, and the times showed it, low 1'49 vs high-mid 1'48 on my own, possibly because of 4-spd gearing, where-as I love 'running through gates' :sly:

At least I'm within that '2-4 seconds off-pace' quote, right guys ? :lol::boggled::rolleyes:

Got the DLC. Really impressive how much difference a laser scanned track makes compared to a mod in the same sections of track. It has the grip in all the right places so you have to take the same lines you would as in the real world. Surprised how bumpy it is which makes it really hard to string a lap together, maybe something in setup could improve the ride quality. Struggled with last sector mainly, quite new to me still. Think there is still another second in the car but this will have to do.

Ferrari 312T - Barcelona Moto 1:43.512

Ferrari 312T - Barcelona Moto.png

This weeks combination takes things down several notches. Instead of managing gobs of power and speed, you've got 170 hp on tap in the Alfa Romeo GTA, on old skinny tires and the car is rather slow to respond. Some tuning will be required and I'll try to get one up tomorrow. I think adding some camber to the front and lowering the front suspension which is rather high with the stock tune, will help significantly. It's a momentum challenge, you have to keep up the speed because if you make a mistake you don't have massive amounts of power to get up to speed quickly.

Take note of the power curve and adjust your shifting accordingly. Power drops off significantly at the upper end of the RPM range.

Also be aware it's the International loop of Silverstone, not the National course.

C44qCP7BF_Tdk5N22m4EJFCLrZbvtqMHqgDmgwFuehtlZ7H6lILT4qTXCzUYragYWzAkMechYceXKQDnfMt_OHbenJSkMrJj_m3LcJLd-RfxBKM6PkyxC1g3fbKZ3FkznhL4RgsUFuMWnuluryjwXF2JSVw-YzEx4nX_upuBJ_ah9laO3xhlBV3SC42EVnyCBWGmA4yKfvqzOM0-twzIVg3NHfFZTEkSDIZJPXTO2AEnVRbJ4xGeSEHRkascHbawZ1T2FAfgDoM93EGn3QNbaz9wpEbvrDqiptTLw2zfFQsY5lfzBAQ8kvS4PnqPSHJqGDWcCJGPnrZVswlTr_KiT8TXtJXn-9gFIm839feHa0j0UDeo5PZojtQYtrNuhSqm7m3JmakrU_ViOCkulHZRvH9qxfxYfLwI1_3gPKDI6loRRbsVwydziBi0mojMY6yT2-1Ycj6DAwz4awm6BE-GlGElqnaokj1Gc81_D12G46MMWLHREQ1tjBFNmc5Ko_AYSwftvogqke8W11w6IK0RtaayBZFvchhhfO3ATRNNBao=w1883-h845-no

Video of my Ferrari 312T Barcelona Moto lap (1:43.512), setup (Also attached) shown near end of it:

Nice:cheers: I wish I could be that smooth. I feel like I'm almost out of control in every corner but on video at least, it looks like you and @Aderrrm are out for a Sunday cruise sometimes when you post videos:lol:

This shall be a fun drive. I drove the GTA some months back when Dream Pack 1 came out and it was by far the most fun car of the lot (though the F1 was still the favourite for me). I think I may enjoy this weeks one!

Fun combo. 👍 The first 2 laps seem to be always 25's or slower, and then lap 3 or 4 I magically go 1sec faster. Everything stock, but dropped the fuel down to 13L.

1:23.374

Attachments

• 2015-11-16_00005.jpg
    2015-11-16_00005.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 16
Back