AC Time Attack Challenge 2.0 - see post #590 for a link to a Boxing Day event with the Alfa GTA

You're welcome;) Did you happen to get a screenshot of the time?
Nah, I didn't bother as I wasn't happy with the lap at all. I'll be sure to grab one next session, hopefully tonight.

If I get a spare hour or two this week I'll definitely give this a try, looks like fun!

...It's been far too long since I've last played AC... :scared:
Good to see you over here, Macca. 👍

1:57.268 on fast track and street tyres, can that be right?!?!
Huh, maybe I don't suck after all. Imagine that! :dopey:

WP_20151019_001_1.jpg

This thread just became a hell of a lot more fun now that I know that I don't suck! :lol:

(PS! Did I mention that I don't suck?)

1:57.268 on fast track and street tyres, can that be right?!?!
Huh, maybe I don't suck after all. Imagine that! :dopey:

WP_20151019_001_1.jpg

This thread just became a hell of a lot more fun now that I know that I don't suck! :lol:

(PS! Did I mention that I don't suck?)
I haven't run the combo on street tires but it seems about right. You won't have a chance though unless you run the semi's.

I got a chance to run a few laps tonight. Love this car and this track. My "tune" is attached below. Be forewarned though, it was just a ballpark and I only had about 10 laps and no time to check tire temps or anything else. Take it for what it's worth. I was running recommended session settings from the OP (standard) with no ABS and full manual shifting, tire, fuel on.

2015-10-19_00001.jpg

Attachments

• Vallelunga ACTA exp.zip
    261 bytes · Views: 26
Last edited:
I haven't run the combo on street tires but it seems about right. You won't have a chance though unless you run the semi's.

I got a chance to run a few laps tonight. Love this car and this track. My "tune" is attached below. Be forewarned though, it was just a ballpark and I only had about 10 laps and no time to check tire temps or anything else. Take it for what it's worth. I was running recommended session settings from the OP (standard) with no ABS and full manual shifting, tire, fuel on.

View attachment 465660
Wow nice time! I'll try that tune out perhaps tonight but I can't see myself being able to shave off over 2 seconds..

Another time before I hit the sack. Tune is below. Basically a one lap deal I think, although I think it still has 3 laps of fuel. After 1 lap, starting with tire warmers, the left front and rear were around 90C. Might stay that way for a couple of laps but I didn't test it.
lat5m3b_OODgMmmDtjn5BAuBca3fMzx6Mhlegdi4iwued_mK4cw77kugkDPj5thXnPyW3U9wgFn8upp5azMBTzgfs4BfiMPXSMWNGhCkErF6HRAEd700_Q08pBMlN0raYk3Jdd1axY5UTufyFBRaEzS6OyOo8PJMfUpo5xr7zLhRwBhFDY1laJ9yyOfNQqdDvZmH3ZTrpsRisLh0ZHQ54Yg_ot3UhczDLoehSc7yuojVzqiHM6GgH9K7SmsAZxlXgeOIt0UzRYe727x_kBRBaeHJSRGDz22yPWzga2l12PLCN4i3TBbgXUDqtolY6-WMqRo4afJaVWaCs10VksVE4YZsw_qtRRW0jhcMNLVZeUpI2vErGGXVTccHSmNgzeglXYznIQNtgL1E2tz8EQ5UDnjFilSYtbYPhHi1BHEOXeTWChytyBpt9PVALcoLe7lYTI4JbX5XcG1Op6zhHEcADqubq7ayEyD7fI_PpJKYNVKaBHv1_NXGgYjpT-NfNpmAYbfuFNrMKpqTyGZ960s1CUjvX4i7AKZd-FNluXsJLoQ=w1614-h908-no

Attachments

• Vallelunga ACTA 1 lap.zip
    269 bytes · Views: 30
I don't have the DLC for this but I'll be sure to give the next combo a try.

Actually I think I might as well just buy it. :lol:

Last edited:
Not really familiar around this track but this is best I could do for now with no aids:

Sure is a fun car to drive, you gotta really be careful with no abs on a technical track like this.
Well done:tup:. I will have a video uploaded by tomorrow morning. Interesting to see that we take a completely different approach to the corners but end up at almost the exact same time. Shows there is more than one way to skin this
kitty.gif
and still be quick. :cheers:

Thanks for doing this, Johnny. What a great way to learn tracks and cars that I might not drive so often. And this combination was really cool. 👍

I managed to scrape 1:54.172 out of street + optimum, but that may have been a fluke. Could not reproduce.
AC_TA_LamboC_Vallelunga_1-54-172.jpg

Anyway, on semis + optimum:
AC_TA_LamboC_Vallelunga_1-52-356.jpg

Damn, soooo close to @Punknoodle.
punk.jpg

Sorry, couldn't resist. And given your name you know that joke had to appear sooner or later. :D

Sorry @Whitestar but I do feel lucky...
Vallelunga%201_51_748_zps9dqagaon.jpg

This is with @Johnnypenso 's tune, on the second lap. I don't think it's down to the tune though, I was just trying a few things and was on the ragged edge. Watching the replay, I'm missing apexes, fully sideways through the second hairpin, yet it's a quick laptime. When I'm being super on focus and sticking to the line turning in on point and the replay looks well sorted it FEELS like I've just done a very clean and quick lap, yet it's only a low 52... :(

EDIT:
OK scratch that, I just did a really clean lap right on the racing line and bettered my time again. This is it for tonight, well done all you guys in the 49's - I'm quite envious of your talent!
Vallelunga%201_51_300_zpsqsdzoizv.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry @Whitestar but I do feel lucky...

This is with @Johnnypenso 's tune, on the second lap. I don't think it's down to the tune though, I was just trying a few things and was on the ragged edge. Watching the replay, I'm missing apexes, fully sideways through the second hairpin, yet it's a quick laptime. When I'm being super on focus and sticking to the line turning in on point and the replay looks well sorted it FEELS like I've just done a very clean and quick lap, yet it's only a low 52... :(

EDIT:
OK scratch that, I just did a really clean lap right on the racing line and bettered my time again. This is it for tonight, well done all you guys in the 49's - I'm quite envious of your talent!
It does pay to be aggressive. This lap looks rather controlled now that I see it in replay but when I was driving I felt like I was on the ragged edge. I like to late apex but I noticed in Harry's replay he does the opposite and dives for the inside quite early. Nice to see that multiple approaches work.

It does pay to be aggressive. This lap looks rather controlled now that I see it in replay but when I was driving I felt like I was on the ragged edge. I like to late apex but I noticed in Harry's replay he does the opposite and dives for the inside quite early. Nice to see that multiple approaches work.

Tomorrow I'll get around to changing the resolution to single screen and enabling Shadow Play to record and share my replay (I saved it in AC).

Going to throw in my attempt here, The final sector is losing me over a second for some reason now. I managed to hook it up really well on that timed lap, but after that... AHHHH! I go in with a -1.3s delta, end the lap 0.1s down. Boo.
Gonna try your setup now, Johnny, see if it can give me the stability for that sector. I'd be happy with a high 1:50

CountachVallelunga.png

Couldn't get your setup working for me @Johnnypenso, but it did highlight some things I could do differently. So I reverted back to default and did a few more laps. I feel I could have challenged for a mid 1:50. But this will do (sorry @Punknoodle though you'll probably beat me by the end of this xD):

CountachVallelunga.png

1:49 definitely seems off the cards for me, unless I hook up the double hairpin perfectly. And even then it would be a long shot!

I think the car loses something by not being on Vintage or Street tyres. I know we can't enforce it, which is a shame.

Here's my lap, all aids off and RSR PRO settings.

I was thinking earlier after watching laps posted on here if you could get into the high 1:47's with this car, do you think you can?

Was this in the new DLC? Dang, I'll wait my turn. :dopey:
Yes.:) Next week should be back to base cars.

I think the car loses something by not being on Vintage or Street tyres. I know we can't enforce it, which is a shame.

Here's my lap, all aids off and RSR PRO settings.
I figured out a way we can enforce tires but it requires everyone signing up to RSR Live Timing and you'd have to delete any faster laps you might have on a leaderboard in order to show your slower lap on the stock tires. At RSR you can hit an icon on the right side of the list and see all the settings someone used, so I can even enforce the session settings as well, but it would require a lot of checking on my part.

2 problems though. I didn't make joining RSR a requirement before launching the contest so it wouldn't be fair to ask everyone to join now IMO. Next time around though it's a definite possibility. Second, RSR seems to be somewhat borked at the moment. None of the DP2 cars seem to show up on hot laps, or at least the ones I've checked. The Vallelunga/Countach board for example, is blank. I shaved about a second off my M3 time at Vallelunga for the Pro Ranking a few days ago and it didn't save it either which would be highly disappointing after putting in a long or even a short session and making some improvement to your time. It was also displaying in game, lap times for that combo that didn't appear on the leaderboard when I checked through their website. Even running the Lambo for example, shows me in game that someone ran a lap of 53 seconds or something ridiculous, even though the leaderboard is blank online.

Hopefully they get the issues sorted out or maybe we can find an alternative. I think it would be a lot more fun in this car and others, with some harder tires.

Very happy with the competition so far. Looks like it's heating up to be a competitive race throughout the leaderboard. :)

Yeah. Still using the stock setup so a lot of time left! :)

Edit: I say a lot... There's not much to tune with this car but 47s are definitely possible :)
Best of luck in achieving it if you give it another go. 👍

Seems like a lot of fun this combo and good turnout so far. Tempted to get the DLC and see if I can get into the 1:47's but must resist. :lol:

Hopefully there are still a lot of people competing in the last round.

I figured out a way we can enforce tires but it requires everyone signing up to RSR Live Timing and you'd have to delete any faster laps you might have on a leaderboard in order to show your slower lap on the stock tires. At RSR you can hit an icon on the right side of the list and see all the settings someone used, so I can even enforce the session settings as well, but it would require a lot of checking on my part.

2 problems though. I didn't make joining RSR a requirement before launching the contest so it wouldn't be fair to ask everyone to join now IMO. Next time around though it's a definite possibility. Second, RSR seems to be somewhat borked at the moment. None of the DP2 cars seem to show up on hot laps, or at least the ones I've checked. The Vallelunga/Countach board for example, is blank. I shaved about a second off my M3 time at Vallelunga for the Pro Ranking a few days ago and it didn't save it either which would be highly disappointing after putting in a long or even a short session and making some improvement to your time. It was also displaying in game, lap times for that combo that didn't appear on the leaderboard when I checked through their website. Even running the Lambo for example, shows me in game that someone ran a lap of 53 seconds or something ridiculous, even though the leaderboard is blank online.

Hopefully they get the issues sorted out or maybe we can find an alternative. I think it would be a lot more fun in this car and others, with some harder tires.
Hopefully RSR updates their app so it works like it used to. 👍

They also probably need to archive the leaderboards and start afresh due to the big changes for most cars.

Best of luck in achieving it if you give it another go. 👍

Seems like a lot of fun this combo and good turnout so far. Tempted to get the DLC and see if I can get into the 1:47's but must resist. :lol:

Hopefully there are still a lot of people competing in the last round.

Hopefully RSR updates their app so it works like it used to. 👍

They also probably need to archive the leaderboards and start afresh due to the big changes for most cars.
I'm hoping they archive or at least put in a version filter. Then a reset of the PRO rankings with 10 different events so I can have a target to occupy myself:dopey:

I`m starting to get to grips with this track now! I`m not a fast learner of tracks so I`m happy with my progress so far. Lots more time to find though! So many miss-timed braking points and missed apexs!
I`m not sure how much more time I`ll have this week, and I`m away for the weekend. So, I`m reserving my single point with this lap!

2015-10-20_00001.jpg

I`m starting to get to grips with this track now! I`m not a fast learner of tracks so I`m happy with my progress so far. Lots more time to find though! So many miss-timed braking points and missed apexs!
I`m not sure how much more time I`ll have this week, and I`m away for the weekend. So, I`m reserving my single point with this lap!

View attachment 466007
I thought I was being optimistic putting 10 slots up in the second post for the standings but you are number 10 and it looks like we'll have to add some more:tup: Thanks for joining:cheers:

Was looking at the videos posted, interesting to see the two different styles. My style was far more like @Johnnypenso, but that third sector you hooked up nicely, I just cannot do that.
Do you watch your tire temps? I can't do more than 1 lap it seems without overheating the crap out of them and once they hit the 100C level or more they seem to fall off rapidly.

1:49.436 ... not really happy with my lap time, but I might try again on Saturday if I have some spare time. Pretty hard to brake without locking the brakes up, I think I have to look for stiffer springs - which might become quite difficult, considering my pedals (BRD Speed-7) are not the most common ones.

3WHxhNs.jpg

Do you watch your tire temps? I can't do more than 1 lap it seems without overheating the crap out of them and once they hit the 100C level or more they seem to fall off rapidly.

I was not watching them no, but I was doing multilap runs, usually doing two quick and then a slow and two quick again. I think my issue is getting the car slow enough for the hairpins, and it could be overheating tyres that gives me problems getting the grip now that I think about it. May try again on Friday if I get a chance to set up

I was not watching them no, but I was doing multilap runs, usually doing two quick and then a slow and two quick again. I think my issue is getting the car slow enough for the hairpins, and it could be overheating tyres that gives me problems getting the grip now that I think about it. May try again on Friday if I get a chance to set up
I tried various things but after trying to lay down times for the RSR boards, in race cars at least, I found out that you basically get one fast lap, maybe two on the softest compound and only if you mess it up can you beat it on successive laps. Part of it is excessive heat and part is slight wear I think. So I basically put a few litres of fuel in...do testing and tuning for 3 or 4 laps and when I'm ready I usually only do 1 or 2 lap runs with tire blankets on for preheating. Not sure if street tires are the same but I'm just keeping the same habit for good measure.

Latest Posts

Back