ASSETTO CORSA ULTIMATE 3rd person view cameraPS4 

• Thread starter slvrkt
  • 11 comments
United States
NYC
PrinMatt
Playing Assetto Corsa (Ultimate Edition) on PS4 with 3rd person view camera, the car looks like fixed in the centre of the screen, and the track seems to rotate around it: it's an awful setting, and it makes the game almost unplayable with such a view. GT-Sport has the same default setting for 3rd person cameras, however in GT you can easily modify the camera settings and adjust them to your likings: is it possible to modify the camera settings in Assetto Corsa also? I looked in the menus, but couldn't find any options in regard to the cameras.

Thanks for your help!

does that camera type bothers only me? I didn't seem to find any complain anywhere, not in reviews nor in forums and blogs posts.

I'm pretty sure I've seen other console players around here complain about it too, back in the early days. I think it actually used to be worse. I'm on PC and can't say I've ever used it so I'm not sure how it works in AC and whether how it works is good or bad.

Playing Assetto Corsa (Ultimate Edition) on PS4 with 3rd person view camera, the car looks like fixed in the centre of the screen, and the track seems to rotate around it: it's an awful setting, and it makes the game almost unplayable with such a view. GT-Sport has the same default setting for 3rd person cameras, however in GT you can easily modify the camera settings and adjust them to your likings: is it possible to modify the camera settings in Assetto Corsa also? I looked in the menus, but couldn't find any options in regard to the cameras.

Thanks for your help!
Chase cam is garbage in AC, as you now know. Only decent solution to this is grow a pair of man balls and drive in cockpit view wussy.

Just joking. Press options when on track to pause the game, then press square to adjust FOV. It will put you in cockpit virw. Now move your seat position all the way back untill the camera is outside of the car. Adjust seat height and position to your liking then adjust FOV you your desire. Cockpit view is now your chase cam, it's better than the actual chase cam. This is your only option so I hope it satisfies you.

Chase cam is garbage in AC, as you now know. Only decent solution to this is grow a pair of man balls and drive in cockpit view wussy.

Just joking. Press options when on track to pause the game, then press square to adjust FOV. It will put you in cockpit virw. Now move your seat position all the way back untill the camera is outside of the car. Adjust seat height and position to your liking then adjust FOV you your desire. Cockpit view is now your chase cam, it's better than the actual chase cam. This is your only option so I hope it satisfies you.

wow, great trick! will try it, thank you! and I usually play in cockpit view (and most often in bumper view actually), but sometime I like to see the cars models, their behavior from outside, and it's also the easiest way to memorize a track and figure the best racing line.

wow, great trick! will try it, thank you! and I usually play in cockpit view (and most often in bumper view actually), but sometime I like to see the cars models, their behavior from outside, and it's also the easiest way to memorize a track and figure the best racing line.
Yea I use to like driving chase cam occasianly in some games just to check the cars out. I find though that driving line assistance is a hinderence to learning a track. So I'd advise turning that off if you are using it.

Yea I use to like driving chase cam occasianly in some games just to check the cars out. I find though that driving line assistance is a hinderence to learning a track. So I'd advise turning that off if you are using it.

I am not using the driving line assistance, what I meant was that with the 3rd person view you can easily figure out the more effective trajectories, the driving line assistance and the braking points indicators are wrong most of time, or ineffective, at best.

Still in my Opion...
its best to drive sims like GT Sport ,AC ,PC2 etc.. in cockpit view and leave the cartoon style of driving to Need for Speed or Mario drivers kart something like that.
Just my opinion :banghead:

Still in my Opion...
its best to drive sims like GT Sport ,AC ,PC2 etc.. in cockpit view and leave the cartoon style of driving to Need for Speed or Mario drivers kart something like that.
Just my opinion :banghead:

I agree, as I said I only use the 3rd person view to memorize the track and the trajectories, but I only drive in cockpit view once I discovered the best driving lines and I know all the turns.

Last edited:
Easy fix, well not actually easy but worth the effort:
-Chose cockpit cam.
-Press options button and then the square button to edit the cockpit cam.
-Now use the arrows to keep getting backwards and upwards, until you get completely outside of the car and get it to your liking (also you can fiddle with FOV).
There you go, now you have a better 3rd person camera.
Whenever you want to drive the regular cockpit, you can simply chose the reset camera option.
You're welcome.
(Notice the effort I did there taking into account the BOLD statement I have in my signature ;) )

Easy fix, well not actually easy but worth the effort:
-Chose cockpit cam.
-Press options button and then the square button to edit the cockpit cam.
-Now use the arrows to keep getting backwards and upwards, until you get completely outside of the car and get it to your liking (also you can fiddle with FOV).
There you go, now you have a better 3rd person camera.
Whenever you want to drive the regular cockpit, you can simply chose the reset camera option.
You're welcome.
(Notice the effort I did there taking into account the BOLD statement I have in my signature ;) )

thanks, but it takes like one hour to pull back the pow backward and outside the car =D
And when you did it, the 3rd person view is not better... I think it's the same, at least in my experience!

Back