Assetto Corsa Ultimate Edition Launches April 20 on PS4 and XB1

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa' started by GTPNewsWire, Feb 14, 2018.

1. GTPNewsWire

GTPNewsWire Contributing Writer

2. Scuderia Paul

Scuderia Paul

Great. I hope to see Assetto Corsa reach many more fans in the coming months. 505 Games and Kunos will be risking more if they don't sort out the subpar updates. Your reputation is everything.

Georgeagea, DatNoiseV12 and DeadHero like this.
  3. Divaldo

Divaldo

How many cars are there in the game including all the DLC?

4. Crash T Dummy

Crash T Dummy

178 cars
    16 lazer scanned tracks

VBR likes this.
  5. MrWaflz55

MrWaflz55

Good to see an edition with all the DLC included. It was too expensive to buy all the DLC in my opinion and I borrowed the game back a few weeks around when it first launched on PS4 back when it was an empty shell. Maybe I’ll have a good reason to see what’s new this time around.

n00b question: Have Kunos gotten around to adding custom offline championships to the PS4 version? That’s my biggest gripe with PC2.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2018
  6. Nielsen

Nielsen

Yes.

7. MrWaflz55

MrWaflz55

A few more questions if you don’t mind;

A) How are the classes divided up?

B) Can you choose the individual AI’s cars?

C) Can you adjust points earned per race?

8. Nielsen

Nielsen

The class divisions made by Kunos aren't very logical but thankfully it's possible choose every single car used by the AI drivers. The game doesn't formally recognize multiclass racing, but nothing can stop you from setting up a grid of cars from different classes. No limits there.

Yes, as above. It's also possible to choose the liveries used by the AI cars and even AI driver names are customizable too. Note that all this is only possible in the custom championship mode.

I'm not sure. Maybe someone else can clarify?

I've mostly used the custom championship mode for simulating track days in a practice session before qualifying and race.

9. DeadHero

DeadHero

Indeed. Such a shame their updates always bring some issues, while not fixing the ones people reported for months. This game truly deserves to be in a better state.

10. Calmlity

Calmlity

Yes, now I'm gonna get this for my PS4

11. Obelisk

Obelisk Premium

I find the banner photo to be very fitting for the article - a flying car for a launch article.

Pete05 likes this.
  12. MrWaflz55

MrWaflz55

Alright thanks, it seems like a pretty powerful tool compared to GT Sport and PC2 custom races.

13. 05XR8

05XR8

C) Yes. On console, there are three preset at 25pt maximum to 1pt for top 10, 15pt to 1pt for Top 10 and 10pt to 1pt for Top 8.

Edit: Keep in mind, as mentioned above with selecting AI cars, I do real world manufacturer races: Porsche Rennsport track days, Nismo Festival, Mazda Fan Day.

Also, "track days" with run with you brung. Driving an E30 DTM and hearing a Ferrari F1 2004 closing on you is frightening. Plus, the replay sounds are perfect. You can hear the thing far away while watching your car lap a circuit.

14. potvinsuks

potvinsuks

Am I the only one who picked up on this?
    Ohhh boy :eek::gtpflag:.

Fredzy likes this.
  15. DatNoiseV12

DatNoiseV12

i wonder if, with this new version on the horizon, kunos will finally bother to release some oroper enhancement updates for xbox x and ps pro.

something will be revealed on the 21st. Could be related to the competizione title / project discussed in another thread.

potvinsuks likes this.
  16. adam thompson

adam thompson

Have ultimate on both consoles :). Hope error code for PS4 gets fixed soon :)

17. Obelisk

Obelisk Premium

upload_2018-2-14_15-11-6.png

:odd:

potvinsuks likes this.
  18. SlipZtrEm

SlipZtrEm Administrator

[​IMG]

19. adam thompson

adam thompson

Isn’t Ultimate edition just all dlc and updates and the free bonus pack 3? Which I own on both consoles :)

Georgeagea and potvinsuks like this.
  20. Obelisk

Obelisk Premium

If that's the case, you don't own Ultimate, but you own everything the Ultimate edition covers.

21. GTPVenomZombie

GTPVenomZombie Premium

I recently sold the game to put it towards an Xbox 360 console. If all DLC is on disk, I will buy the ultimate edition.
    If not, then I'll just buy the normal edition since I own all the DLC anyways.

It may sound daft, but I like the sound all the DLC on disk. Just like the Project Cars GOTY.

22. SestoScudo

SestoScudo

Oh damn I should have waited for the ultimate edition. Oh well I bought the game and dlc's on a ps store sale.

Georgeagea likes this.
  23. Pete05

Pete05 Premium

Yes, from back when F1 drivers earned every single dollar they were paid & taking flight didn't always involve a boarding pass.

24. mattikake

mattikake

This is the perfect time to get into this. Hopefully it will attract a host of new players.